Ren'Py - Unexpected [v0.5] [NR Productions]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Marcmad

I honestly think this is one of the best game here.

Story is fun and the two main character are interesting.

I really like the fact that both story play at the same time and that most of the character they meet could have scenes in the story of the other.

Only downside I think is the to big number of characters, meaning most of them have very few appearance....

Atm Nemu's personality is a bit unclear, Ayumu is clearly a dom but Nume... She talk like a dom but act like a sub and that make her a bit hard to understand some time (She's my fav anyway) , but maybe this is exactly what devs want for her.

++The game have a good amount of yuri if you like that.

So I really like the game and feel like it will only get better with time.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

MikesDK

Story 1/5
    Maybe its just me but im so tierd of mindless fuckfest games with no build-up and no choices, put a kinetic tag on the game so those that hate forced shit dosent have to waste time playing it.

I started as FMC and it takes 5 mins and your forced to fuck some random dude after an idiotic test, no matter if you get everything right you lose its points and its stupid and killed the FMC route altogether, who wants to play a whore who fucks whoever....and what is even the point of her story if you dont deside anything playing her?....

Tried MC next which is almost just as shitty.

Story is also just meh but alot of that comes from girls trowing them selfs at MC for no real reason, the plots you have seen a million times before as well, so theres really not much to come for storywise or anything else.
    Cant rename MC which is always annoying.

Sandbox is one of the shit ones as well, no real point of it and just to click to move around all the time and all you can do is just follow the kinetic questline in front of you and thats about it.

Also i will never understand why dev forces FMC or MC to have relationships or sex with anyone in a NONE harem game? its the most idiotic thing you could ever do when its not a harem.....

Girls 3/5
    They look ok and theres a diversity in builds as well but it dosent really matters when you cant pick who to fuck or not.

Animations 4/5
    I liked the animations they are not just the normal standard stuff you see all the time so thats refreshing.

Choices 1/5
    Well it has forced LIs, forced sex scenes, very few choices and proberly none that really matters.

Sandbox 1/5
    I dont really see the point of it even being there, its just to move around and thats about it, pointless and just a waste of your time.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

ChipLecsap

as someone who try lots of FMC game. I can safely say, this is a rare gem, among the many trash FMC slut simulators that offers you zero story. I gave it a 4 star

I have been searching for a long time for something like this. A decent Story, a Decent, clever, funny, competent FMC with the right amount of slutyness, who is not just there to be get fucked by anything, but have an agenda a story a personality of her own.

Good Job, Devs , hopefully it will have a long way ahead of it. (y)
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Knuckel

For what this game has so far, its production value is incredible. The renderings look great, the story is decent, and the animations are incredible. I definitely think this game will continually improve and become an incredible game.
  5. 1.00 star(s)

Forunai

A game where there aren't really any choices and every character just wants to get into the mc/fmc's pants. The story isn't anything super noteworthy and dialog and characters are lacking. As a note, if you are play female protag there is a 100% unavoidable forced scene with a random guy at the start. The quiz is pointless and no matter how you answer you will get the scene. If the dev reads this the renders are nice but that forced scene is very jarring, please reconsider it being unavoidable or at least give the option of choosing the student council prez as an alternative if there HAS to a forced scene there, the lack of player agency there killed a lot of my interest.
  6. 1.00 star(s)

Kryapa

A boring sandbox game with no story whatsoever.

Pros:

- Couldn't find any.

Cons:

- Lots of gameplay options like stats, inventory, armor no one explains you how to work with and why should you care of that in the first place
    - One of the worst dialogues I've ever seen. They are super short and non-descriptive. It's literally like "Hello! Nice to meet you! I'm %npcname%, let's go fuck in my place".
    - Everyone falls in low with MC immediately, because he/she is "soooo cool".
    - Open map that contains a lot of empty places and game gives you no clues how start quest there.
    - Stupid activities like you have attend classes every morning just to shift time, nothing ever happens.
    - Emotionless and unimaginative lewd scenes.
  7. 2.00 star(s)

Simpgor

I really want to rate this lower because the story (the main point of a VN) is so utterly below average but for better or worse the renders (both in how they look and are arranged) and the amount of options such as textbox customization etc clearly show that the Dev cares about this beyond just putting it out.

I was not able to make it very far into the story sadly (made it just past the first forced "event") as the FMC and every interaction with people from the town end in some form of sexual "harassment" or "yes i enjoy a random guy fingering me while a random girl watches`"

I would hope this game moves past that but 2/2 that you are 100% forced to do really sours the experience. There are people who will not like it because "ntr!!!11" or whatever but my issue is that there cant be any compelling sexual related stroytelling when everyone is always instant horny because "the town magics/demons/whatever flimsy excuse the story sets up"

Why did the first groping scene stop when it? Not because she wanted the random girl to stop groping her but because its the first "scene" in the game it cant show too much so it has to stop. There can be no logical explanation for "raising the stakes" the FMC would absolutely be down to get double teamed by two guys she just met at the start of the game and all she would say is "wow i cant believe im soo horny for two dicks?!!"

Since Dev stated that you wont ever need to fully play both routes I skipped the MC route as I assume its the same thing but with girls touching his dick instead of girls touching her boobs like it is for the FMC
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Daftsoul

Extremely impressive considering how early in development the game is.

The overall UI, quality of renders & animations, characterization work & the sheer amount of content despite its early state instantly makes this game worth keeping a very close eye on.
  9. 4.00 star(s)

Mizubaki

its really good so far. my only complaint is that in the intro/tutorial whatever kind of stuff for the first day of school while playing the sister you can't avoid daki's interaction. i'd personally prefer it I I can do a full lesbian run but that's neither here nor there. dev is doing really well so far and it looks good.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

thisguy420

This game is actually really good. Story is both interesting and presented in a unique manner that actually works quite well. I've also taken a liking to this kind of art, I wouldn't say it is objectively the best quality but it grew on me overtime and has a certain charm to it.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

noscopeman

Such an underrated game. super high quality of character personality and animatinons. new mahcincs, no grind and intersting stories. Genuily odnt know hwy this is so under the radar. I dont even leave reviews but was shocked this only had 5
  12. 5.00 star(s)

slothen29

This game is one to watch.

First of all, I want to give this game some credit for not being just another vanilla harem incest game. There are multiple LIs, but its got more of a casual sex feel instead of romance/harem, and there's a brother and sister, with no planned incest content. This already is enough to make some people mad. But for me this is brave and awesome.

The sex scenes also look good, wtih multiple angles/animations/options. And they're kind of kinky with maledom in both the male MC's story and the female MC's story. I'm excited to see where they go with this. Also the mechanic for switching between stories seems to work just fine and is something I've never seen done in Renpy.

The dialogue feels pretty natural, with the MC's having this nice sibling rivalry going on. I'm really interested to see how that goes and if the story will ramp that up further or if it will show that beneath their brat-energy they actually care about each other.

The environments and characters look very good (although I'm no Koi expert) and the game has a very polished UI which is a big deal for a sandbox game this early in development.

My only complaints has been the sort of lore-dumpy final scenes of 0.2 feel rushed like the devs are trying to finish their prologue and set the stage for the rest of the game, and those scenes need to be cut back or made more interesting somehow, or the MC's need to react to the new information in a more believable way. Also as the devs find their footing there's some awkward moments where they can't decide if the scene should be viewed in first person or they should move to a third person camera to show the MC in it.

I played version 0.2 and its got a couple hours of good content, plus there's the stand-alone Christmas stuff which is a nice 30 minutes too. Big recommend from me and a game I'll be excited to check out when I see it update.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

Jcena

[v0.2]
    Some of the following will be subjective.

There isn't much content present as of yet, but everything that is offered is close to perfect. The two protagonists and their arcs are impressive in their own right, and to see how the individual plot lines interact and to what degree, is going to be interesting to say the least.

The characters and their dialogues seem to be well written as brief as we've seen them, and will probably be lovable if given the same amount of care in the future. I hope the cast is put through both individual and collective development.

To say that the animations are anything but sublime would be an understatement. There really isn't much scope of improvement aside from adjusting minor clipping issues; which can and should be considered a nitpick.

The soundtrack is decent, seems to fit the scenes well enough. I wouldn't go so far as to say it's the best background music ever, but it fits the theme and does the job better than a few other, similar games. That's not to say that better soundtracks don't exist out there, but for what it's worth, this is pretty good.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

To summarize, extremely high grade content, especially the UI/UX. I have really high expectations going forward- I hope there is no drop in quality even if it means maintaining an irregular update schedule.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

abao

• Techincal: It's both bug free (at least I didn't find any), and very polished. The UI is very well designed, it doesn't feel out of place at all. The game runs smoothly, none of thoes random stops and starts almost all renpy game on this site has. In fact, this is at about the quality of what I expect a $30 game to be like. The polish is downright professional.
    • Gameplay: everything's intuitive, no grinding required, there's hints on how to progress built in for so you won't need a 3rd party guides, and multiple choices won't let you miss scenes as of yet, so no need to break immersion to save/load.
    • Story-male protag: Ayumu's (brother) story is just another guy go around getting handsy and sometimes gets lucky, albeit done very well. Nothing unique, but it's consistently good enough that nothing jumps out at you as unnatural.
    • Story-female protag:Nemu's (sister) story on the other hand, is hot. Most female protagonist games suck at writing scenes, feels at best like the characters are paid actors and at worse they're robots. Unexpected's Nemu scenes on the other hand, felt like she's a actual person. The thoughts are about what you'd actually think in those situations, the posture fits the scene, and, well, she feels alive almost.

If future content has even half the quality of what we see in the demo, this is going places.
  15. 4.00 star(s)

Brojo

Not a whole lot to it so far. It's good enough for a 0.1 premiere for me to watch out for it in the future, so we'll see where it goes from here.

Got two different story lines, though Ayumu's is the only one you can play right now. That you can see the second view from the twin sister's POV is interesting, but I think that's going to end up bogging down the story updates as one side may get updated more than the other or the story grinds to a halt as they try to get the one updated to the other.

Hopefully new content isn't rare though, but we'll see.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

skwada

Great start, the art and animated UI is really nice and seems like the devs put a lot of effort into it.
    + music is nice (honestly, the fact that there is music at all is refreshing!)
    + the characters already have some interesting dynamics between them
    + dialogue and writing flows decently
    + there is one H scene so far and it's quite detailed and has a lot of options, and the animated UI for it was pretty impressive IMO
    + the fact that there are two protagonists is cool; the hardcore harem crowd will dislike it but I think its interesting

Overall, looking forward to seeing what the future updates bring :)