Ren'Py - Underground: A Hot Story [v0.03.1] [Lewd Tracker]

1. 4.00 star(s)

docclox

It's short, there's not a lot of lewd content, and it's basically a test piece from the developer to get the hang of coding in Ren'Py.

That said, I kind of like it. The game makes no bones about what it is, and it's an interesting scenario, enough so that I'm looking forward to the real version of the game when it appears.

A bit of feedback for @Lewd Tracker :

• The Akabur tribute at the start was cute, and I can see the influence generally, but I'd ease off on the fourth wall breaking. That can be fun once you have your players immersed in the story, but in this you're still trying to get them hooked and they don't need to be reminded that they're playing a game
    • I'd change the font and/or lose the ALL CAPS narrative. Combined with the short declarative sentences, it all gets very shouty.
    • The art is OK. Programmer art is never great (and I've made enough of it in my time) but I've enjoyed games with worse art than this. Only thing I'd say here is maybe rethink the shading on the hero's abs. It makes it look like he's being lit from his feet for some reason.
    • As an occasional dev myself, I quite liked the post-game discussion, so to speak, but I'm Not sure how well it would work in the final product.
    And that's it. Fun little game, but more from a technical perspective than anything else. I look forward to the next iteration.