Unable to start the game

Dev@r123

Jul 8, 2020
I am unable to play the games that are having both application versions for 32and 64 bit. For example Reclusive Bay latest version, I have downloaded compressed version and extracted files, and am unable to run both the applications. As I try to run the application some times my laptop just frozen and some times it automatically closes saying we have a problem opening this application. It happens same with all the games that are provided with both the application files.

I am running with windows 7 64 bit .
Please help me. Thank you.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
I am unable to play the games that are having both application versions for 32and 64 bit. For example Reclusive Bay latest version, I have downloaded compressed version and extracted files, and am unable to run both the applications. As I try to run the application some times my laptop just frozen and some times it automatically closes saying we have a problem opening this application. It happens same with all the games that are provided with both the application files.
1) Try to update the drivers of your video card.
2) Press shift while launching the game, to open the rendering menu, and choose "GL renderer" ; if needed try "Angle renderer".

Be aware that this problem while happen more and more often. As PyTom, author of the engine those games use, recently "[he's] sort of taking the position that if you can't reliably run OpenGL 3 (release date 2008) in 2021, then your computer is broken". What mean a possible drop of GL/Angle (in their version 1) support in near future.