VN Others Flash Completed Umichan Maiko Classroom Havoc [0.5 Deluxe] [SpiralVortexPlay]

KingsRaiden

Engaged Member
Jan 4, 2017
my question is, why Tyrano?
I used to support Spiral a few years ago when he knew the end of Flash was coming and he went through a search for replacement engines, at the time Tyrano was the one that was similar to what he was doing and easy to convert iirc. Considering how long its been since that he could have chosen other engines by now, as there are more options, but the quality has also gone down a lot since the original UMCH came out.

Joey's Conscience

Sep 28, 2020
Very disapointing remake. Art is better but that's about it. Story felt rushed as hell, much worse than the original. Setting got worse. Minigames are mostly gone. And of course, a lot less content. Hopefully SVP can work on this some more, because for the game that's supposed to be the centerpiece of the umichan series, this is not that great.

Josedx9

Aug 26, 2018
Just curious why it is completed while it is still 0.5?
simply because the author abandoned the project arguing that it is already "complete"
This one, like the old version, had a lot of potential, but as always happens in this type of project, they simply have nothing more than that, potential.

Reactions: abada25

Keldin

Jun 7, 2017
simply because the author abandoned the project arguing that it is already "complete"
This one, like the old version, had a lot of potential, but as always happens in this type of project, they simply have nothing more than that, potential.
Should prob have an "Abandoned" tag rather then "Complete" one then. Dunno how to actually poke anyone about that type of thing tho

jaylmf

Mar 26, 2018
This game was a big disappointment in terms of the remake. That Flash is about 100x better.

vortex00

Game Developer
Jun 4, 2018
Remake 0.5 Deluxe
Umichan Maiko VN is not a remake OF UMCH.

"Umichan Maiko Classroom Havoc (UMCH)" and "Umichan Maiko VN" are just two separate games that describe the same period in the lore.

However Umichan Maiko VN is just intended to be a small game that covers only the major story points from UMCH that I felt were necessary to understand references to the UMCH lore in other games.

I made it because a lot of people ask if UMCH works on mobile, and it doesn't for the most part. So I finally just made something small that hits on the necessary story elements from UMCH.

and I obviously wanted to make sure I wasn't spending my time with something that would cause ToS issues.

and that's really it. This game is not trying to be better than the original UMCH and never was even designed to be before I even stared making it. I'd advise anyone that actually can play the OG flash game UMCH to just play that.

And I'd advise anyone who enjoyed UMCH and want to try something similar to try Umichan Sorani Remake (not be confused with the older tyranobuilder version). It functions much more like UMCH did and works on mobile.

Hentaihead

Mar 28, 2018
I know it's a little late, but what is presented here for download does not match the game. What we are downloading is another game called "umichan maiko", this is not classroom havoc
havoc is what in the op is listed as Beta v3 patreon, the other one is a "remake"