VN Ren'Py UC8 [Development Thread]

♂Brout&Minou♀

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2020
Howdy guys 1699397092747.png
How have you been since the last time? I saw that my teddy bear has already announced our return home and soon here.
Well, to be honest, we've already started scoot this thread again and going through some of your latest small chats to keep up with the news. It's been a long time, too long since we lost track of our dear little gang.
Grif! Nice shot for this first release. We tend to try the game every day but unfortunately every time we set the evening to start the game, something goes south.
Yesterday we went back to my parents' ranch to prepare for our return, and as soon as we arrived, everything was dark. As we got out of the car we heard: Hoo Hoo hoo... We looked at each other with bulging eyes, then... neieieiegh... weeeehee, then BING cling BANG BANG clong BING!!! I must not have been better, but I had never seen Brout with such round eyes. After a while he turn to me and said:
I have something to confess to you... All this time, I really loved living with you.... I wanted you to know it before...
Me:????
Before Chucky came. ...And then we burst out laughing like two idiots.
Eventually we found two of my brothers trying to fix the generator, my father was at the stable with the vet, a mare was giving birth and my mother went to the hospital with my aunt who been bitten by a snake.
But back to our topic, I hope that soon we will all discuss your game and others too

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Elhemeer

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
Howdy guys View attachment 3069132
How have you been since the last time? I saw that my teddy bear has already announced our return home and soon here.
Well, to be honest, we've already started scoot this thread again and going through some of your latest small chats to keep up with the news. It's been a long time, too long since we lost track of our dear little gang.
Grif! Nice shot for this first release. We tend to try the game every day but unfortunately every time we set the evening to start the game, something goes south.
Yesterday we went back to my parents' ranch to prepare for our return, and as soon as we arrived, everything was dark. As we got out of the car we heard: Hoo Hoo hoo... We looked at each other with bulging eyes, then... neieieiegh... weeeehee, then BING cling BANG BANG clong BING!!! I must not have been better, but I had never seen Brout with such round eyes. After a while he turn to me and said:
I have something to confess to you... All this time, I really loved living with you.... I wanted you to know it before...
Me:????
Before Chucky came. ...And then we burst out laughing like two idiots.
Eventually we found two of my brothers trying to fix the generator, my father was at the stable with the vet, a mare was giving birth and my mother went to the hospital with my aunt who been bitten by a snake.
But back to our topic, I hope that soon we will all discuss your game and others too

Brout is quite the comedian! Chucky, :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I hope that you enjoy the game when you get a chance to play it.

I am going to put out a 0.1.2 soon with a few more tweeks to adjustthe pacing a bit and have various transition speeds.

I am also playing with a fun Idea for transitioning between locations, for example,you are at the donut shop and thennext you are at the amusement park. so in between those, in addition to the "a few minutes later" screen Iwould add a little animation... I was thinking of those old batman TV shows and how they would show the batsymbol as a transition; so I made this...

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
Brout is quite the comedian! Chucky, :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I hope that you enjoy the game when you get a chance to play it.

I am going to put out a 0.1.2 soon with a few more tweeks to adjustthe pacing a bit and have various transition speeds.

I am also playing with a fun Idea for transitioning between locations, for example,you are at the donut shop and thennext you are at the amusement park. so in between those, in addition to the "a few minutes later" screen Iwould add a little animation... I was thinking of those old batman TV shows and how they would show the batsymbol as a transition; so I made this...

My son says it reminds him of the scene transitions of the show Big Bang Theory

KrusherKev

Aug 23, 2022
Kinley's biological father.....what happened to him, why is he not involved in her life, and perhaps somewhat involved in Kayla's life as her "step-dad" ?

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
Kinley's biological father.....what happened to him, why is he not involved in her life, and perhaps somewhat involved in Kayla's life as her "step-dad" ?
I will touch up on this in a later episode when Kayla is going through her mother's stuff that was boxed up in the storage building.

2 years before her mother was diagnosed with cancer, her "father" as she knew him at the time, was hit by a drunk driver and killed. When her mom's cancer was revealed to be terminal, Sharron didn't want Kayla to live her life with no parents, so she finally chose to tell Kayla about the MC. That was when Kayla first tried to contact him but Masie intervened.

Kazanovaromeo

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
I will touch up on this in a later episode when Kayla is going through her mother's stuff that was boxed up in the storage building.

2 years before her mother was diagnosed with cancer, her "father" as she knew him at the time, was hit by a drunk driver and killed. When her mom's cancer was revealed to be terminal, Sharron didn't want Kayla to live her life with no parents, so she finally chose to tell Kayla about the MC. That was when Kayla first tried to contact him but Masie intervened.
OK , :unsure: Spoiler allowed :unsure:, what about my beloved GF Erin :giggle::whistle:. , Not you Heartbreakers :p:devilish:

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: cxx

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
That was not a complaint, just an observation ;)
Instead of putting the really dark stuff in the middle of the story like others have done, I figured I would put the dark stuff in the past so the story can be about love, acceptance, and recovery.

I feel like we all have dark times in our past, if a character hadn't been through bad times, would they really be relatable?

Can you really connect with a character who hasn't struggled? I'm not sure I can. My personal battles and the choices I made while recovering from them are the things that grew me into the man I am today.

To me, these characters are just as real. They all have their own battles and demons. Their past isn't sunshine and lollipops or rainbows and unicorns(as much as Kinley wishes it was)

The ability to scrape and crawl our way through the times of darkness and find the strength to stand in the light again on the far side is what gives us depth of character. The darkness shapes us every bit as much as the light reveals the shape we've taken.

Life is comprised of both light and dark, good and bad. If I am going to make the bulk of my story about the good, if I make it, for the most part, a story of hope. then it only makes sense for them to be rising from a place of despair. Joy often follows sorrow. Restoration follows loss. Love follows loneliness.

I want you to watch these characters grow. I hope for this to be more than just a fap fest. I want this to be a work of art that each of you come to love. I'm sure that won't be the case for everyone. But my hope is that, for some of you, the story will touch you more than you touch yourselves ;)

"The most fun you can have in a dark, public place without getting arrested!"
- University Cinemas

1699542667661.png

Kazanovaromeo

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
  • Haha
Reactions: cxx

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
How could you both did that to Her ??!! :unsure: :devilish:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
FATAL MISTAKES CAN NOT BE REPAIRED :WeSmart::whistle:
that is why I have only ever played that route once. I hated it and only did it to have played that route. Same with the not bringing Steph with you route. Only played it once and hated how it made me feel.

So you're saying you want Erin to have a betrayal route ? :devilish::ROFLMAO:

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Kazanovaromeo

Kazanovaromeo

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
that is why I have only ever played that route once. I hated it and only did it to have played that route. Same with the not bringing Steph with you route. Only played it once and hated how it made me feel.

So you're saying you want Erin to have a betrayal route ? :devilish::ROFLMAO:
:love: for the 1st part only :love:

• Haha
Reactions: Grif1001

Dshey Aar

Mar 27, 2021
seems we all played (at least a few) the same games.
time to do a tissue-report....
how many tissues did you need while playing NC8 so far? :sneaky::cool:
I'll start to tell
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Grif1001