• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Unity Completed Two Months of Devil King [Final] [Makai "A" Business Office]

2.40 star(s) 8 Votes

EAT
Trial Moderator
Uploader
Aug 5, 2016
Cover.jpg

Overview:
This game is an educational game of Roguelike-type where you develop your character through the successful defence of the adventurers while gaining points and develop bonds and special relationships with the girls you conquer! and even…?!
Story:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Thread Updated: 2023-09-26
Release Date: 2023-09-26
Developer: Makai "A" Business Office -
Publisher: Playmeow - -
Censored: No
Version: Final
Language: English, Japanese, Chinese, Korean
Voice: Japanese
Other Games: Moving in with My Step-sister
Genre:

Installation:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win: - - - -

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg 9.jpg 10.jpg 11.jpg

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
Holy shit what is this battle UI? Needing to scroll for 7 skills? Why? Mousing over skills in battle also doesn't reveal what they do. Guess we gotta memorize them all earlier.
The Demon Goddess' VA and heroine VAs are pretty good/entertaining so far. There are no sound effects or voices during combat however, kind of weird for the girls who are usually chatty with their decent VA's to suddenly be so silent. I expect some "HYAH"'s during attacks and shit, lol. CG doesn't change either during combat, seems like there's probably going to be a lack of stand up CG variation (At least the girls have some different expressions outside of combat).

Overall the combat/gameplay feels pretty bad so far. If you're used to JSK games, this is similar but quite inferior. One of the major issues is that your dungeon assistants randomly offer bonus stats during training, so to get the most benefit from trainings, you end up picking whatever they buff that day. That tends to lead you to have a pretty balanced build over building how you want. Shadow Bomb + Shadow Barrage spam is also pretty clearly the best option. Int training that seems to boost magic attack also restores energy instead of taking it away like the other trainings, so it's the easiest to boost consistently since you don't need rest. So you pretty much just swap between random rng boosts or int training.

There's not even a reason for most the differences in abilities. It doesn't appear like you can really counter the girls by using certain attacks (Physical vs magical damage). The skills seem like they are supposed to have have a limited amount of uses to try to force you to use other attacks, but they don't run out of uses so far (Even when they show you have 0 times remaining). Defense blocks 15% damage (Stacks), but the gameplay is balanced in a way where killing faster is always the best option.

Some of the attributes are never really explained all that well to the player either. What does speed even do in this game? In JSK games, it's clear you get your turn sooner thanks to the animation that shows turn order, but I've never seen the player able to act twice before the enemy can act in this game. Tec seems like it's supposed to give you more skill points after each victory, but again, since you end up with a pretty balanced build, it just seems like something that happens naturally through gameplay.

The text often doesn't match the CG/animation during sex scenes. It will say the character was penetrated or something and still continue to show them before penetration. Kinda ruins immersion there. I wonder if that's an issue with the translations, not knowing when to sync up the English text with the CG. At least the art is decent. The anatomy is a bit off at times, but it's not really distracting. Seems they sometimes used the same exact art for the clothed bodies as the nude bodies, so the breasts are often gravity defying when the girls are nude like they're still wearing a bra. The sex scenes are "animated", but not very well. Still CGs might have actually been better at this level of animation. It's a really shoddy attempt at that live 2d animation.
Another half assed/baked game that they just tried to make look good for steam/dlsite images. Disappointing. At times, feels like this was made by somebody who has never played a video game before lol. Some really obvious errors/issues they could have avoided with the UI and gameplay balance. They appear to have just combined some random components of other games together without understanding why they work well in the original games. This programmer/dev must be pretty new. The Art/VAs are really carrying this game hard.

Last edited:

Tinza1998

Aug 11, 2017
Colony City 27λ Is anyone know who game Developer is? I try to find it but still can't find them. if anyone knows please tell me.

Setzeral

Jun 17, 2020
Looks interesting, I'll try and circle back to leave my thoughts.

Alright, I'm back after "completing" the game so let's go.
First off, the game itself is quite short, at most it would probably only take an hour or so to complete from beginning to end if you're at a decent power level. The "long" part is getting to a decent power level as you're pretty much outmatched from the start. You're basically supposed to lose until you powerup, just like most other rogue-like games, so it becomes quite tedious to get to the sexy bits. The "fun" part is trying to figure out what training effects what value during battle as well as trying to figure out the point of some skills. For instance, physical attacks are pointless, your shadow attacks do more base damage and reduce the action cost of your stronger shadow attack, once you've upgraded action points, that little combo is basically all you need so putting any points into physical is 100% pointless. I don't remember the exact values as the game ultimately crashed on me but I'm pretty sure the max physical damage was still lower than the first or second tier of the shadow magic.

Writing wise, it was... interesting. Like, it wasn't that bad overall but there were a few points where it was either comically bad or so incredibly articulate that you kind of stop paying attention to the hot anime girl getting railed in the background and start to really appreciate how well the sentences were structured. I've seen some brain melting MTL before, but this isn't that it's kind of just weird to say the least. Anyway, speaking of hot anime girls getting railed, there are six scenes locked behind all this grinding. Visually they're quite nice but nothing really special that would make me say "oh you got to play this game" or that would make me want to replay it for that matter. Honestly, if you're that curious, I'd recommend just waiting until someone inevitably releases the images and animations because overall, I don't think this was a good use of my time.

Oh almost forgot about the story, it's alright to say the least, you basically suck at your job so the goddess keeps bringing you back, while hot anime girls funnel into your castle one at a time for some stupid reason, until you stop sucking at your job. Well maybe the fact that you've sucked at your job for so long is why these adventures thought it was a good idea to attack you one at a time but you'd think they'd have figured it out after the first few failed raids.

Last edited:

rKnight

Devoted Member
Jun 12, 2017
In my vague consciousness, I heard someone continuously shouting:
"bread, bread, bread..." Hey, listen. He is… MTL. :D

THX for the share...

Last edited:

Yamemai

Nov 1, 2017
Ahh, I think I remember trying this. Forgot the exact mechanics, but IIRC you're supposed to train for a time before the heroine attacks. And repeat for each heroine or something like that. Was okay, but a tedium.

Inept Monkey

Oct 27, 2017
The game is alright. A bit grindy, English translation is mediocre. They have good art and character design but their animation is sub par. Good VAs though. Based on the scale of the game, I'm guessing the dev team is very small (1 or 2 people). To me it feels like a very reductive version of Dungeon Legion.

dinopara

Apr 1, 2021
moving with my step sister was pretty kinetic-ish, this one seems a'ight.
hopefully the next game will be moving with my step devil queen with Live2D.

Bastus

May 1, 2021
In my vague consciousness, I heard someone continuously shouting:
"bread, bread, bread..." Hey, listen. He is… MTL. :D

THX for the share...
What was that one game with the vampire..

"noodle noodle"

Last edited:

Bastus

May 1, 2021
Holy shit what is this battle UI? Needing to scroll for 7 skills? Why? Mousing over skills in battle also doesn't reveal what they do. Guess we gotta memorize them all earlier.
The Demon Goddess' VA and heroine VAs are pretty good/entertaining so far. There are no sound effects or voices during combat however, kind of weird for the girls who are usually chatty with their decent VA's to suddenly be so silent. I expect some "HYAH"'s during attacks and shit, lol. CG doesn't change either during combat, seems like there's probably going to be a lack of stand up CG variation (At least the girls have some different expressions outside of combat).

Overall the combat/gameplay feels pretty bad so far. If you're used to JSK games, this is similar but quite inferior. One of the major issues is that your dungeon assistants randomly offer bonus stats during training, so to get the most benefit from trainings, you end up picking whatever they buff that day. That tends to lead you to have a pretty balanced build over building how you want. Shadow Bomb + Shadow Barrage spam is also pretty clearly the best option. Int training that seems to boost magic attack also restores energy instead of taking it away like the other trainings, so it's the easiest to boost consistently since you don't need rest. So you pretty much just swap between random rng boosts or int training.

There's not even a reason for most the differences in abilities. It doesn't appear like you can really counter the girls by using certain attacks (Physical vs magical damage). The skills seem like they are supposed to have have a limited amount of uses to try to force you to use other attacks, but they don't run out of uses so far (Even when they show you have 0 times remaining). Defense blocks 15% damage (Stacks), but the gameplay is balanced in a way where killing faster is always the best option.

Some of the attributes are never really explained all that well to the player either. What does speed even do in this game? In JSK games, it's clear you get your turn sooner thanks to the animation that shows turn order, but I've never seen the player able to act twice before the enemy can act in this game. Tec seems like it's supposed to give you more skill points after each victory, but again, since you end up with a pretty balanced build, it just seems like something that happens naturally through gameplay.

The text often doesn't match the CG/animation during sex scenes. It will say the character was penetrated or something and still continue to show them before penetration. Kinda ruins immersion there. I wonder if that's an issue with the translations, not knowing when to sync up the English text with the CG. At least the art is decent. The anatomy is a bit off at times, but it's not really distracting. Seems they sometimes used the same exact art for the clothed bodies as the nude bodies, so the breasts are often gravity defying when the girls are nude like they're still wearing a bra. The sex scenes are "animated", but not very well. Still CGs might have actually been better at this level of animation. It's a really shoddy attempt at that live 2d animation.
Another half assed/baked game that they just tried to make look good for steam/dlsite images. Disappointing. At times, feels like this was made by somebody who has never played a video game before lol. Some really obvious errors/issues they could have avoided with the UI and gameplay balance. They appear to have just combined some random components of other games together without understanding why they work well in the original games. This programmer/dev must be pretty new. The Art/VAs are really carrying this game hard.

Same Dev that made Moving in with my step sister. Different game same coding problems. That one had a screen size problem in the non steam version and animation sync issues if memory serves.

djweish

Apr 1, 2018
You're basically supposed to lose until you powerup, just like most other rogue-like games,
That doesn't make much sense; you can't really call a game without perma-death a rogue-like. Rogue-lite, perhaps, but perma-death is one of the key parts of being a rogue-like.

2.40 star(s) 8 Votes