Tutorial Ren'Py Tutorial Renpy in french

RNGeusEX

Goodbye Eternity
Game Developer
Sep 2, 2018
Salutation à toute la communauté F95. J'ai commencé Renpy il y a environ 1 an et j'ai eu énormément de plaisir a découvrir toutes les possibilités que le soft pouvait proposer. J'ai beaucoup appris et j'ai souhaité partager tout ça.

Je ne prétend pas tout savoir non plus sur Renpy, j'apprend encore tous les jours mais si jamais vous remarquez une erreur dans mes tutoriels n'hésitez pas a me le faire savoir et je ferais un correctif.

J'essaye d’être actif et d'au moins proposer une vidéo par semaine, j'étofferais donc la liste au fur et a mesure.

Si vous souhaitez vous lancer, il est important de maîtriser les bases:

Greetings to the whole community F95. I started Renpy about 1 year ago and I had a lot of fun discovering all the possibilities that the software could offer. I learned a lot and I wanted to share all this.

I don't claim to know everything about Renpy either, I still learn every day but if you ever notice an error in my tutorials feel free to let me know and I will make a fix.

I try to be active and at least offer one video per week, so I will expand the list as I go along.

If you want to get started, it is important to be familiar with the basics:

LES BASES

LES ASTUCES

LES SCRIPTS

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Er... This one is really misnamed ("protect your game"), and therefore badly explained.

The intent of the rpa format was never to protect, but to optimize. Because all the files, especially the medias, are all located on a single file, when Ren'py have to load one, the system don't have to look for its location on the hard disk.
But more than that, it's to benefit from both the hard disk and system cache. When the rpa files are well thought and organized, all the media for a chapter of the game will be on a single file that will stay on the cache during all the chapter. Therefore, the access is way faster and so is the loading.
As for the level of protection, it is definitively null.

All this said, the tutorials are interesting, relatively complete and, for once, up to date. A good addition for the, not this small, French user base.

RNGeusEX

Goodbye Eternity
Game Developer
Sep 2, 2018
I agree with you. Security level when you know how to search, it's pretty bad. But not everyone is as curious and having this first security in place is already something.

At least the images are not directly accessible, it still requires a little technique to visualize them.

But well, it's specified in the tutorial, nothing protects 100%.

Thank you very much for your feedback.

Je suis d'accord avec toi. Niveau sécurité quand on sait chercher, c'est plutôt mauvais. Mais tout le monde n'est pas aussi curieux et le fait d'avoir mit en place cette première sécurité est déjà quelque chose.

Au moins les images ne sont pas directement accessible, cela nécessite tout de même un peu de technique pour les visualiser.

Mais bon, c'est précisé dans le tutoriel, rien ne protège a 100%.

Merci beaucoup pour ton retour

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
At least the images are not directly accessible, it still requires a little technique to visualize them.
Is enabling the developer mode really qualify as "a little technique" ?
Because it's all what is needed. Once it's done, open the developer menu, select the "image location picker", and press "s" to screenshot any image you want.
It works only for the images, it's they are the main component of a visual novel.

It's not commonly shared knowledge, but I really don't thing that it's "technique".