Trying to translate a game called "Insect Angels"

Jooop

Jun 28, 2019
Any help is appreciated, I'm not very tech savvy and I've been trying to translate this game for about a week. I've tried using Translator ++ and some other freeware translation stuff, but the farthest I've gotten is a machine translation for the tutorial level dialogue and the descriptions for the recollection room. More specifically I'm trying to figure out how to translate the menus, stats, dialogue for the game. This is the game in question and as far as I know it runs on RPG Maker MV. Any advice is appreciated!

Zachy

Spark Of Life
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 6, 2017
You should start by learning the basics of RPG Maker, and then decrypting the project with this tool.

Then, open the project file (you'd want to use Translator++ first) and then you'll have complete control over the game dialogs, events, menus, scripts and everything you could imagine.

Just make sure to not mess anything up (that's why you should know RPGM basics), and compile the project again after you've finished.

Jooop

Jun 28, 2019
You should start by learning the basics of RPG Maker, and then decrypting the project with this tool.

Then, open the project file (you'd want to use Translator++ first) and then you'll have complete control over the game dialogs, events, menus, scripts and everything you could imagine.

Just make sure to not mess anything up (that's why you should know RPGM basics), and compile the project again after you've finished.
I downloaded the decryptor and used it to make an editable file, but what does that actually do and should I be looking for anything?

Zachy

Spark Of Life
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 6, 2017
I downloaded the decryptor and used it to make an editable file, but what does that actually do and should I be looking for anything?
Try to make the compressed game editable, by decrypting all the image and sound files (skip this if they're not decrypted a.k.a in their original formats "png, wav, mp3"). After that, just try to open the project file with your RPG Maker MV editor.

Jooop

Jun 28, 2019
Try to make the compressed game editable, by decrypting all the image and sound files (skip this if they're not decrypted a.k.a in their original formats "png, wav, mp3"). After that, just try to open the project file with your RPG Maker MV editor.
alright so I opened the editor (at least I think I did). Here's a screenshot of what I've got so far. Let me know if I'm on the right track, by the way thanks for helping me.

Zachy

Spark Of Life
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 6, 2017
alright so I opened the editor (at least I think I did). Here's a screenshot of what I've got so far. Let me know if I'm on the right track, by the way thanks for helping me.
Nice job! Now you may open each event individually (click those little icons on the game map), and edit the dialogs.
Oooor you may want to open the Database (F9) and edit weapons, actors, items, etc.

It's all up to you now. Just start exploring the game files and translate (or rather proof-read) everything you can.

After you're done, click File on the upper bar and compile the game again. Good luck!

Jooop

Jun 28, 2019
Could use some assistance again. I think because this game is not actually designed to be an rpg it's organized differently or something. This game has a fair amount of character banter in mid battle and I have no idea how this guy programmed it to trigger. For example dialogue between the pc and an enemy doesn't happen until one attacks the other or if they stand next to each other. I know it's a long shot but any advice helps, thanks.

Jooop

Jun 28, 2019
Nice job! Now you may open each event individually (click those little icons on the game map), and edit the dialogs.
Oooor you may want to open the Database (F9) and edit weapons, actors, items, etc.

It's all up to you now. Just start exploring the game files and translate (or rather proof-read) everything you can.

After you're done, click File on the upper bar and compile the game again. Good luck!
Hey, sorry to bother you some more, but I think I might've made a breakthrough. is it possible to create dialogue in the game using .js files? I was scrolling through them and I actually managed to find things that look like dialogue.

Zachy

Spark Of Life
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 6, 2017
Could use some assistance again. I think because this game is not actually designed to be an rpg it's organized differently or something. This game has a fair amount of character banter in mid battle and I have no idea how this guy programmed it to trigger. For example dialogue between the pc and an enemy doesn't happen until one attacks the other or if they stand next to each other. I know it's a long shot but any advice helps, thanks.
Go to the Troops tab in your Database, and every enemy encounter should be right there.

Hey, sorry to bother you some more, but I think I might've made a breakthrough. is it possible to create dialogue in the game using .js files? I was scrolling through them and I actually managed to find things that look like dialogue.
I don't really know about that, since I don't use RPGM MV. Maybe do a backup of the game, and try to translate it that way?

Jooop

Jun 28, 2019
Go to the Troops tab in your Database, and every enemy encounter should be right there.

I don't really know about that, since I don't use RPGM MV. Maybe do a backup of the game, and try to translate it that way?
Hey, don't need any help at the moment, but I wanted to let you know it really was tied to the .js files, I'm so relieved I can actually start translating. Thanks for helping me out! It's not much, but even this little bit of progress is quite a morale booster.

Sere

May 15, 2017
I'm also trying to translate this game, but I've come to have some trouble...

Screenshot_20.png

I've finished the 002_Files(Except Scene_Test and Scene_SRPG). The only thing they're missing is some proofreading(I mostly proofread as I translated but there were somethings I didn't get at first but managed to figure out down the line) and I was about to do that before THIS happened to me. If only they'd display the error message and which line...

Btw, if you want me to send you the files, please DM me.

Edit: It's kinda weird since I made sure to stay away from #IDs and variables(Other than string variables for character names and text)...

Edit2: located where the problem's coming from. Seems I made a mistake when editing 002_Scene_Sakusen and 002_Scene_Hensei. The others should be fine but I need to test them and fix the problem when I have some free time(Maybe next week). If you think you can take care of it, tell me so I can send it straight away.

Last edited: