Request Trying to Open RVDATA files with RMVXA. I want to be a translator.

Aug 31, 2021
There are games where the data is encrypted in an RGSS2A file. I was able to convert them to a readable format and I was able to find all the content of the game except the text files, which are in the RVDATA format.

I want to read those files to be able to translate the text of the game (Japanese to English and Spanish).
I read many forums where I need to use RPG Maker to do it.

I have the RPG Maker VX and the Ace. But I have no idea how to open those files to modify them, and return them to their original format (RGSS2A).
I tried to open the files using Open With and selecting the two RPG Makers and I get an error "Unsupported Format" I have the applications through Steam.

I want to be able to post my own translations but this is getting in the way.

I'm currently trying to translate Succubus Hunter 2 game made by Circle Tekua.

Thank you!

Aug 11, 2020
https://f95zone.to/threads/rpg-maker-unpacker.50

This doesn't work with very large files and with all the ransomware around it might get flagged by your antivirus. Make sure to delete (or backup) the archive after extracting and make sure you move the extracted files to the correct folder structure. Your game won't run if you leave everything in the "extracted" folder. Not moving the archive away or deleting will crash your game too because the engine can't handle two versions of the same files.

Edit: you also need to put up a "project" file in the same folder as the game.exe file. Simply make a new project in RPG maker VX (that's the engine used by that game apparently), copy the project file from that folder to the succubus game folder and then open the project file so the editor opens the succubus game. From there you can edit everything.

Be aware that there are RPG maker translator tools that can make your life a lot easier, but I'm not familiar with those.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ellie_Figure-8
Aug 31, 2021
Wait... I had that app downloaded. When I decrypted it the file passed from RgSS2A to RVFILE. I can access the rest of the files except the "Data", which are the texts of the game, since they are the only files under the RVFILE format. I don't know if I'm missing something, but from what little I can understand that app changes from one format to another. Thanks for the help!

Edit:
I have used ++Translator. But it cannot recognize that type of file.

Reading your message more carefully, I think the answer is in it. But I don't quite understand it. Sorry I'm not very familiar with RPG Maker and English.

Would you explain to me again what was written in the Edit? Thank you very very much!

Aug 11, 2020
Wait... I had that app downloaded. When I decrypted it the file passed from RgSS2A to RVFILE. I can access the rest of the files except the "Data", which are the texts of the game, since they are the only files under the RVFILE format. I don't know if I'm missing something, but from what little I can understand that app changes from one format to another. Thanks for the help!

Edit:
I have used ++Translator. But it cannot recognize that type of file.

Reading your message more carefully, I think the answer is in it. But I don't quite understand it. Sorry I'm not very familiar with RPG Maker and English.

Would you explain to me again what was written in the Edit? Thank you very very much!
1. Make a new project in RPG maker VX.

2. Go to the project location and copy the "Game.rvproj2" (this is a VX Ace example, so the file name will be different, probably "Game.rvproj") to the folder of the game you want to translate
rpg maker ace.png

3. Doubleclick the Game.rvproj2 (probably Game.rvproj in your case) file to open the game in the VX editor. If this doesn't work, you should open the VX editor and navigate to that file to open the project.
4. You can now edit the database and game scripts from the VX editor.

Also make sure the game isn't already translated. There's 3 games from that circle that have a translation on this website.

Aug 31, 2021
Hello! After I sent the message I began to do "trial and error" with everything I could. And I was able to access the game database, I also saw that in the map boxes can also be text.
I think I just translated 70% of the game in these 4 days that have passed. And I'm thinking of finishing today. Maybe I'll play the whole game and fix whatever I've done wrong before posting it to F95. The game is not one of the already translated ones, I am editing Succubus Hunter 2. Thanks for the help indeed, Your comment made it possible to guide me in the direction I need to go. Any questions I have... Can I ask you? Thank you!

Aug 31, 2021
The only problem I have is the codes that appear in the database.
Data such as "\n[3]" or "\n[1]". I think that these are the names of the characters, but I don't know which name represents each one of them. Not even with intuition. Do you know where I can see that information so I can corroborate it? Thank you! I send some photos.

rayminator

Engaged Member
Respected User
Sep 26, 2018
this \n[1] is for the first character this \n[3] is for the third character

make sure you don't delete them and make sure there are no spaces

\n[1] = right
\ n [ 1 ] = wrong

thing like this \n[1] is for characters and there are more of them like \v[1] are for variables
if you hover over the text in the text editor there will be a list of them