yuri09991

Feb 7, 2022
The idea is for the MC to remain oblivious to Ruru's big red staff until the end. But I am planning to have some optional futa on male action in one of the potential endings. That's going to be a while, however.
This is going to be great, Ruru and MC make a good duo. I also wanted to thank you for the good hours of play, you've struck a good balance so far, the story is good, perverted and enjoyable, in addition to having good characters with different shapes and sizes and colors, muscular, skinny, standard... a Great game, I hope you finish and get a lot of support in your bank account.

pester

May 22, 2017

Oops... I just realized it now...
Hello!
This time I wrote the title immediately, that way I can't possibly forget about it. This week I finished making scene four and I've fully put it into the game. Scene five is going to be a simpler scene with fewer characters, so I hope to make it quicker than the last few.
I've started to feel a bit more high energy again, probably to do with finally getting some damn sun. It doesn't come early here, I'll tell you that much. Gotta go buy some sunscreen now though, I'm pretty sure I'm half vampire. That might also explain my nocturnal habits/sleep schedule.
This is what I hope the next few weeks will look like:

Nice and warm. Saranhil might be surprised since she doesn't understand how this picture could be from the same scene as the one above. Well, they are.
I recently got some extra music to use from a Humble Bundle deal, so that's neat. Not a lot of music available for us lowly NSFW devs. They came at a larger size than anticipated though, like 30-50mb per track or so. I cut that down by like 90% and I don't really hear a difference. On the other hand I do have chronic tinnitus so... Anyway, it sounds fine.
You have been blessed by heavenly Ruru.
I just wanted to share this extra image as well, Ruru looked a bit too angelic with this background not to.
Righto, until next time!
Thank you very much for your support, and I wish you a heavenly week!

this weeks update

pester

May 22, 2017

Greetings, citizens.
I come bearing news of the recently passed week. Well, technically it hasn't quite passed yet, but whatever, I'm burying it alive. Unlucky.
Scene five was indeed finished quickly, which felt good. Made me feel a lot more productive than I've done in the last few weeks. And scene six is coming along nicely as well.
In the process of rearranging the scenes for this episode I actually gave them all a little name, so I thought it could be fun for you guys to see that, and it'll serve as a nice little teaser of what will show up.
See, even Jhan-jhan is excited to read it.
  • Scene 1 - Transcription
  • Scene 2 - Tanathil's Reward
  • Scene 3 - Reporting In
  • Scene 4 - Workout the Anger
  • Scene 5 - On Romance and High Art
  • Scene 6 - A Zavvy Infiltrator
  • Scene 7 - Mother's Love
  • Scene 8 - Tender Smooches
  • Scene 9 - Orcish Thighs
  • Scene 10 - I Beg Your Pardon
  • Scene 11 - Mother's Strife
  • Scene 12 - Money Making
  • Scene 13 - The Trial of Lube
  • Scene 14 - Circumstances Surrounding Banditry
  • Scene 15 - A Clandestine Meeting
  • Scene 16 - Nightly Schemes
  • Scene 17 - Bedtime Shenanigans
It's only now that I realize how little most of these say to anyone that hasn't actually written the scenes. Or at least read them I suppose. Anyway, as per usual the actual time to create any one scene varies drastically. For example, I anticipate scene 14 to take a lot of work, while scenes 7 and 8 should be super easy.
A day may come when I'll be consistent with writing "scene 5" or "scene five", but it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattere- wait, no. I'll make Tolkien roll in his grave another day. Come to think of it, he's probably been perpetually rolling since Rings of Power was released. Or maybe since The Hobbit movies even. Is this Hollywood's plan to create an everlasting source of power? Using dead authors as turbines? The plot thickens. I did enjoy the Dune movies though.
Well, since you've gotten this far, have a scene six teaser.
Now, I bid you farewell.
Thank you so much for your support, and I wish you a lubricated week.

This weeks update

Dec 21, 2019
Scene 5 of 17. Dang. Perhaps shorter, more frequent updates would increase your visibility and support. I say this for *cough* entirely selfless reasons of course. Certainly not just impatience. No no. :)

Sir Gary Bummer

Game Developer
Jul 4, 2017
Scene 5 of 17. Dang. Perhaps shorter, more frequent updates would increase your visibility and support. I say this for *cough* entirely selfless reasons of course. Certainly not just impatience. No no. :)
More frequent updates would certainly increase visibility, but I like having full episodes that actually go somewhere. I can get a bit annoyed by games that release updates that barely feel worth the time it took to download them. So that's something I'm deliberately avoiding myself.

There could certainly be a better balance, though. This update in particular turned into quite a few more scenes than I initially planned. In fact, every episode so far has become larger than the one before, so that's something I need to be mindful of in the future.

For reference, this is the approximate render count per episode.
  • Episode 1 - ~300 renders
  • Episode 2 - ~570 renders
  • Episode 3 - ~650 renders
  • Episode 4 - ~900 renders
  • Episode 5 - current count at ~400 renders
How the fuck am I already at 400 renders? No wonder scenes 3 and 4 felt like such a slog to make, they're 90+ renders each. Anyway, most scenes going forward aren't nearly as elaborate, so the pace should be picking up.

I'll probably look towards making episode 6 a bit shorter. We'll see though, once the ideas start flowing for a new episode it's a real struggle to cut away scenes I get excited to make. In writing terms it's referred to as "kill your darlings" and I might not be as good at it as I thought.

Dec 21, 2019
More frequent updates would certainly increase visibility, but I like having full episodes that actually go somewhere. I can get a bit annoyed by games that release updates that barely feel worth the time it took to download them. So that's something I'm deliberately avoiding myself.

There could certainly be a better balance, though. This update in particular turned into quite a few more scenes than I initially planned. In fact, every episode so far has become larger than the one before, so that's something I need to be mindful of in the future.

For reference, this is the approximate render count per episode.
  • Episode 1 - ~300 renders
  • Episode 2 - ~570 renders
  • Episode 3 - ~650 renders
  • Episode 4 - ~900 renders
  • Episode 5 - current count at ~400 renders
How the fuck am I already at 400 renders? No wonder scenes 3 and 4 felt like such a slog to make, they're 90+ renders each. Anyway, most scenes going forward aren't nearly as elaborate, so the pace should be picking up.

I'll probably look towards making episode 6 a bit shorter. We'll see though, once the ideas start flowing for a new episode it's a real struggle to cut away scenes I get excited to make. In writing terms it's referred to as "kill your darlings" and I might not be as good at it as I thought.
Yeah, a satisfying update is the most important thing. And you're nailing it. I just don't wanna see this one reach yearly update territory. Also it's unfortunate that it's flying under the radar, I think it's an excellent corruption/ntr story. With magic to boot. Who doesn't love magic? Genuine passion and artistry going into this. Excuse my simping.

I was mostly fishing for a release estimate lol. Linear progression would put it 5 months out, but it's never linear huh.

Sir Gary Bummer

Game Developer
Jul 4, 2017
Yeah, a satisfying update is the most important thing. And you're nailing it. I just don't wanna see this one reach yearly update territory. Also it's unfortunate that it's flying under the radar, I think it's an excellent corruption/ntr story. With magic to boot. Who doesn't love magic? Genuine passion and artistry going into this. Excuse my simping.

I was mostly fishing for a release estimate lol. Linear progression would put it 5 months out, but it's never linear huh.
Thanks! Yeah, we won't be reaching yearly updates, that much I can guarantee. To be fair, some of the games that reach that territory really do put in a years worth of content, just spread along a bunch of different paths. Well, I'm mostly thinking of BaDIK when I say that. That's the main reason I've made this game fairly simple in terms of choices, it's just way less work per episode.

My current release estimate is this summer, so more like two to three months out.

I was doing a lot of groundwork for the episode, so I only started rendering the scenes about fiveish weeks ago.

Reactions: Ser Lordypants

abgazil

Jul 27, 2018
Game is super awesome and the dev is clearly talented. But I'm fairly sure the 'marketing' could be better and contributes to the game getting less attention than it deserves.

Things like the name, overview, promo pics etc. could probably be improved to hook people more. I know it took me personally a long time to give the game a try and I only did so because of the universally positive reviews.

Sir Gary Bummer

Game Developer
Jul 4, 2017
Game is super awesome and the dev is clearly talented. But I'm fairly sure the 'marketing' could be better and contributes to the game getting less attention than it deserves.

Things like the name, overview, promo pics etc. could probably be improved to hook people more. I know it took me personally a long time to give the game a try and I only did so because of the universally positive reviews.
Yeah, marketing is a weak point of mine for sure. I'm sure I'll start working on it one of these days.

I hadn't even considered changing the overview, I'm more of a "fire and forget" kind of writer/advertiser/marketeer so that one hasn't changed since the first episode I think. I'll put it on my to-do list to make a better one before the next release.

Probably won't be changing the name. I mean, I would definitely pick another if I went back in time, but now it just feels like part of the game.

Dec 21, 2019

Yeah, I ignored episodes 1 and 2 myself. It didn't stand out. Luckily I gave the 3rd update a try.

Yeah, marketing is a weak point of mine for sure. I'm sure I'll start working on it one of these days.

I hadn't even considered changing the overview, I'm more of a "fire and forget" kind of writer/advertiser/marketeer so that one hasn't changed since the first episode I think. I'll put it on my to-do list to make a better one before the next release.

Probably won't be changing the name. I mean, I would definitely pick another if I went back in time, but now it just feels like part of the game.
Add 5 thicc daz milfs to your banner. Every single red-blooded male on the site downloads the game. They come into the thread and say "Wait a minute, those characters don't even exist! Where are the mommy milkers?!" That drums up engagement for the algorithm. Victory is yours.

Sir Gary Bummer

Game Developer
Jul 4, 2017
Add 5 thicc daz milfs to your banner. Every single red-blooded male on the site downloads the game. They come into the thread and say "Wait a minute, those characters don't even exist! Where are the mommy milkers?!" That drums up engagement for the algorithm. Victory is yours.
My understanding is that the best way to get engagement is sudden and unwanted NTR, which is difficult when the game is already in that genre. So the only logical way forward is to do the exact opposite.

Have the MC banish Ruru and turn the entire game into a vanilla harem, thus cucking everyone who wanted an NTR game AND removing the only futa.

BRB, I have an episode to improve!

pester

May 22, 2017

Hello, party people!
Hello to everyone else too!
Summer hit hard this week, which means I've finally dug out my shorts. Damn, I love the sun. If I was alive back when polytheism was a thing I would totally worship the local sun god/goddess. The fact that some of the old depictions we have is of them pulling the entire sun in a chariot gives extra points too.
Too bad my skin handles sunshine about as well as a mouse handles a sledgehammer. The end result being rather red.
As for work this week, scene 6 is finished, and I should finish up scene 7 tomorrow. Scene 8 should be a very quick one to make as well, so with a bit of luck and/or elbow grease we might finish scene 9 next week as well. That'd feel pretty nice.
Here's a little bit of scene 7.
Don't mind the floating pigtails, it's an engine limitation. I will accept no blame for this!
Why do they call them pigtails anyway? Pig's tails look nothing like that...
Okay, so according to Papa Google, it seems that the braided version is more of an offshoot, so they're not very pigtaily pigtails. Whatever, they're grabbable, and that's all that matters.
Well, I can tell I'm out of caffeine. I'm just opening new tabs constantly instead of finishing writing this, so I think this is it for today. Brain no worky without that sweet sweet caffeine goodness.
Thank you very much for your support, and I wish you a sunny week!

this weeks post

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes