4.10 star(s) 20 Votes

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
Not sure if you are aware of and , whilst not grotesque as in some folklore and are strikingly similar to the 'little devils' from the same stable, they appear to be a matched G8 pair on Renderosity
I am aware of them yes, and they are basically scaled down Genesis 8 with long ears morph. I have a goblin female that I made already, it's just creating male pairing with similar features as there isn't necessarily counterpart for the morphs... or skins. For Genesis 8 it's usually either or, rarely both genders get the same figure. But it's just me taking some time and just start messing with things. I'll figure out the way to stop my brain nagging about it sooner or later. Usually 5 minutes before I need the character.

DevinHesi

Oct 29, 2021
Progress 06.05.2024

Hello all!

So what's up? Rendering is going. I'm not entirely sure is in a good or bad place since there are a ton of renders to do. I'm already shy under 300 renders, but a lot of posing. Might take a bit longer to make the update, but renders take the time they take. Although not entirely happy about lightning but it's a bit too late to change that. Eh, I'll live. At least things can be seen clearly.

Writing is in decent shape. I hoped it would have been a bit further than it is, but I managed to figure out how to do it while rendering and not straining my brain too much. But beyond that? It's okay.

DMR06052024.png

So, this was my "daily motivational render" for today, something aren't suitable to be shown in public, but point! However, I didn't do this just for the sake of doing a pretty render of some sort. The tails... nVidia finally did a decent hair shader that doesn't eat a ton of resources. The scene with emperor and empress in their throne room? It isn't heavy scene as is, but because how the dForce hair shader was done before it ate tons of resources. I think that particular scene was 24GB+ VRAM, and at best it should have been 16 GB. With the new shader I can work with the tails as it takes less than half of the resources it used to. Although I'll have a nervous break down with posing those tails. But I'll cross that bridge if the writing takes me there.

So this it for today, I'll know how much more I need to render on Friday. Writing hopefully should be close to be done by then since I don't think I'll get the two days I usually take to write. Eh another bridge cross when I get there.

LWtbo

Feb 11, 2018
Good job the story is so good because my having zero interest in Anal made that scene with Mavera boring as fuck.
And both far too long and nearly impossible to skip past quickly enough.:(
I would reloaded and just told her not to bother coming to the tent.
If I wasn't worried the the -1 with her for doing so might effect later scenes.
But then again if they are all gonna be like that in the future.
I may cut my losses by avoiding all the girls and just play for the story itself.
Normaly its enough to put me off and in some cases stop me playing.
But I know you right a good story as really enjoyed Sorcerer.
Just Sayin.

Stringy Bob

Apr 12, 2021
I am aware of them yes, and they are basically scaled down Genesis 8 with long ears morph. I have a goblin female that I made already, it's just creating male pairing with similar features as there isn't necessarily counterpart for the morphs... or skins. For Genesis 8 it's usually either or, rarely both genders get the same figure. But it's just me taking some time and just start messing with things. I'll figure out the way to stop my brain nagging about it sooner or later. Usually 5 minutes before I need the character.
Yeah, finding a direct male companion for a really great female one can be a pain, I love RazzelDazzles G8F Gobbo Pack over at Renderhub, but there's no direct male equivalent. The other male goblins seem too monstrous, much as the other females are ridiculously waifish. Maybe add orc morphs like in the HFS pack to one of the better male goblins & play with the scale morphs? There are some good ones in there.

keefer43

Dec 24, 2019
Progress 06.05.2024

Hello all!

So what's up? Rendering is going. I'm not entirely sure is in a good or bad place since there are a ton of renders to do. I'm already shy under 300 renders, but a lot of posing. Might take a bit longer to make the update, but renders take the time they take. Although not entirely happy about lightning but it's a bit too late to change that. Eh, I'll live. At least things can be seen clearly.

Writing is in decent shape. I hoped it would have been a bit further than it is, but I managed to figure out how to do it while rendering and not straining my brain too much. But beyond that? It's okay.

View attachment 3609936

So, this was my "daily motivational render" for today, something aren't suitable to be shown in public, but point! However, I didn't do this just for the sake of doing a pretty render of some sort. The tails... nVidia finally did a decent hair shader that doesn't eat a ton of resources. The scene with emperor and empress in their throne room? It isn't heavy scene as is, but because how the dForce hair shader was done before it ate tons of resources. I think that particular scene was 24GB+ VRAM, and at best it should have been 16 GB. With the new shader I can work with the tails as it takes less than half of the resources it used to. Although I'll have a nervous break down with posing those tails. But I'll cross that bridge if the writing takes me there.

So this it for today, I'll know how much more I need to render on Friday. Writing hopefully should be close to be done by then since I don't think I'll get the two days I usually take to write. Eh another bridge cross when I get there.
Bald is the way to go - just sayin'

• Haha
Reactions: Talothral

DevinHesi

Oct 29, 2021
Progress 10.05.2024

Hello all.

Bleh. This week has been... interesting. So let's get into it. Rendering is still going. I'm at 500 renders according to the render library and I have three scenes left to do, and the last one is around 60 renders. And then paired with mother's day it's safe to say this update will come a couple days later than normally. Although, I might need to do some coding things to break that one scene down since it's... long. Eh, things. Although, this makes me rethink how I do a few things... Could I have done the long scene differently? On a hindsight, yes.

Writing is chugging along, it is roughly where it is supposed to be at this time of the cycle, but I don't have those extra days to finish it up. But it will be there, just need to write between renders is all.

1715361165915.png

Yay... a progress render. Slight spoiler, but nothing too bad, really. I mean, you know it is coming since the alternative would be... something else. And this is what I mean with the "railroading" comment some time ago. I would have loved to make branch here, but more I looked into the future it didn't make much sense to add the branching here. Not because it would have meant more work, but because it makes more sense to go with this line as it allows shaping things. That and you still can mess things up with them. I still plan to add branching, just need to find the right spot for it.

Anyway, I'll return to render things. I swear this is going to be 600 render update just because... But that being said. You all have a great weekend!

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
Progress 10.05.2024

Hello all.

Bleh. This week has been... interesting. So let's get into it. Rendering is still going. I'm at 500 renders according to the render library and I have three scenes left to do, and the last one is around 60 renders. And then paired with mother's day it's safe to say this update will come a couple days later than normally. Although, I might need to do some coding things to break that one scene down since it's... long. Eh, things. Although, this makes me rethink how I do a few things... Could I have done the long scene differently? On a hindsight, yes.

Writing is chugging along, it is roughly where it is supposed to be at this time of the cycle, but I don't have those extra days to finish it up. But it will be there, just need to write between renders is all.

View attachment 3621886
Tbh, that is terrible throne for ergonomy, really bad support. :p

• Haha
Reactions: Spliffing

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
And it is public release time! You know the drill, wait until the OP is updated if you need additional links or check the blog or discord.

Also there is a slight issue with the codex, it functions normally once the update has been played through. Sorry for that, it's already fixed. Anyway the links. And yes, I'm providing SHA256 hash for those who want to use them.

Tribulations of a Mage 0.13.0
PC:
SHA256: F064E9C13ECAEA2C7E30DA42F9C2088E4BAC7B4591564724721727CBBE9D714F

PC Compressed:
SHA256: FA26A5FC7F217D405A8530D866428A31C2CDCE875ED7F7DFA16771EFBA2A442F

MAC:
SHA256: 06882AC5666790CC68E8BB50873481F696683ED44EA3D89C88E3EE96B702AD24

MAC Compressed:
SHA256: E0F61449321E020CCF61250969812CF9AAA3DE5F40BA883299498B9C2B4D448D

Update only:
SHA256: 1AFF9CEE7F6C80D2F64366563F08844172FB7DDC090CDE3EC6BA88E1B86C0199

Compressed Update only:
SHA256: E913CC3329FCD4A7AAE50A5454F6C2F90CB8A17B431DBA198FEC890FCFE51D9D

Android:
SHA256: D5D93AAE90CFA7614C38673AD52C8AD86E30430393FC3CC8B7E4EED7D9B69528

StayAngry

Apr 14, 2021
When selecting Gweyr in the codex in the compressed version, I get an error: "AttributeError: 'StoreModule' object has no attribute 'text_colo'". Probably a typo somewhere in the code. The game continues just fine after ignoring said error.

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
When selecting Gweyr in the codex in the compressed version, I get an error: "AttributeError: 'StoreModule' object has no attribute 'text_colo'". Probably a typo somewhere in the code. The game continues just fine after ignoring said error.
Yeah it's know, noted it in the post above. Once the update is played through the codex works normally.

StayAngry

Apr 14, 2021
Yeah it's know, noted it in the post above. Once the update is played through the codex works normally.
Sorry, I downloaded the update from the main page and not from your post, so apparently I overlooked your statement regarding the codex. Do you also know about the error in the attachment (compressed, update only)?

4.10 star(s) 20 Votes