4.10 star(s) 19 Votes

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
This game has reached the point where it is now looking like it is loosing a lot of the steam it once had built up about inclusive empire gimmicks. MC pushing for folk to stop being dismissive of other folk based on their kin or looks.

All throughout this game, we are given choices to push for folk we interact with to use the names given to our companions, whether they be dwarf, witch, fae or orc, which makes for a pet peve of Tomas to promote the very excentric and vastly flamboyant and diverse peoples that the empire itself is promoting in the far reaches of it: - most of all, as the very empress is outright Dragon folk - nine tails chakra demoness probably able to tame the seven tails mystical beast residing in Naruto or the nine tails mystical beast residing in Tobi. Yes, I am fangirling over the empress because she looks gorgeous.

The imperial court houses all sorts of supernatural beings and is ruled by someone recognized as direct descendant from dragon folk who is already outrageously old himself to be just a regular human or beast folk, while Ayaka Mother, dragon folk herself, recognizes imperial rule and is devoted to dragon folk ruling her lands while she toils for inclusion herself, even right now, straight through the hindrance that her spouse has prooven time and time and agin to be, all throughout this game, especially to her, to Ayaka and to MC most directly.
1714229435452.png
Yet in this no. 11 update, MC forgets to push for inclusion, outright forgets the name of the smith dwarf even when talking to his own companion of dwarf kin, then Mal forgets or dismisses the Ubrek name of his fellow dwarf himself and proceeds to ask about the smithy, never using the name of his dwarf kin neither towards Tomas, neither towards the in keeper who does his due dilligence to tell his guests of Ubrek the smith of his village.
1714229881789.png

MC is such a sore looser in this conversation he even questions the barkeep over his kind nature of being inclusive to his fellow townsmen, even if they are dwarf, to the point the guy proceeds to explain that this particular smith has transcended the nature of his appearence to becoming the go to iron worker in the village.

1714230128180.png

Yet Tomas and then Mal never extend the same courtesy of remmembering and using the very name of the dwarf metal worker they seem so fond of, but they both dismiss him even having a name and proceed to refer to him as only ”the other dwarf”. That was kind of jarring, to be honest - what a punch in the lore!

1714230277498.png

Some other interesting strong arming MC does for no reason
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

1714230513742.png

Not only did Tomas hide the actual business from his own companions, as is very outright explained,

1714230975740.png

Has it ever occured to Tomas or Mal the simple fact that the imperial seal and direct mission from the emperor that comes with it is a huge deal to everyone he comes across in the empire or beyond and that he has to be official and flamboyant about stating his official business to this backwater town in the middle of nowhere?

Some nitpicky things from dialogues ...

Last edited:

RedBl4ze

Jan 12, 2023
i cant get into game..the game always kick me out at talothral game screen..how to fix it?please help..always want to play it since first update..im using android

DevinHesi

Oct 29, 2021
Changelog Tribulations of a Mage 0.13.0

1714319370201.png

Changelog:

• 199 renders (+24 auxiliary renders)
  • Implemented the next part of the story
  • Added things to the codex, bit more work on the secrets screen.
  • Added debug screen
  • 2 hidden image
  • Grammar, spelling, and other fixes (Thanks to Adry, Shaddy, BryonSmothers3DX, Bread, Orion, ElectroKnight22, Draco)
Ehhh... got to hate my net at times. It works most of the times then randomly switches to crawl. Meh, anyway, stuff got done in a more or less timely fashion. A bit earlier than normal. More rambling in the release post...

Release schedule:
  • Patrons: As soon as the post has had its final touches and links been verified.
  • Public: 13th of May

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
And then it is the usual public release time. And as always, wait until OP is updated if you need other links (or check the blog/discord)

PC:
PC Compressed:
MAC:
MAC Compressed:
Update only:
Compressed Update only:
Android:

Mark11779

Feb 2, 2022
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'gui/hidden/u12s1id.png'>:
  File "game/update12.rpy", line 781, in script
    scene 1200144 with dissolve
IOError: Couldn't find file 'gui/hidden/u12s1id.png'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/update12.rpy", line 781, in script
    scene 1200144 with dissolve
  File "C:\Users\NY_ME\Downloads\ToaM-0.12.0-pc-C\ToaM-0.12.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1389, in execute
    renpy.exports.with_statement(trans, paired)
  File "C:\Users\NY_ME\Downloads\ToaM-0.12.0-pc-C\ToaM-0.12.0-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1601, in with_statement
    return renpy.game.interface.do_with(trans, paired, clear=clear)
  File "C:\Users\NY_ME\Downloads\ToaM-0.12.0-pc-C\ToaM-0.12.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2251, in do_with
    clear=clear)
  File "C:\Users\NY_ME\Downloads\ToaM-0.12.0-pc-C\ToaM-0.12.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\NY_ME\Downloads\ToaM-0.12.0-pc-C\ToaM-0.12.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3194, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "C:\Users\NY_ME\Downloads\ToaM-0.12.0-pc-C\ToaM-0.12.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2094, in draw_screen
    renpy.config.screen_height,
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 490, in renpy.display.render.render_screen (gen\renpy.display.render.c:6805)
    rv = render(root, width, height, st, st)
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 259, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:3520)
    rv = d.render(widtho, heighto, st, at)
  File "C:\Users\NY_ME\Downloads\ToaM-0.12.0-pc-C\ToaM-0.12.0-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
    surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 166, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:4075)
    cpdef render(d, object widtho, object heighto, double st, double at):
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 259, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:3520)
  File "C:\Users\NY_ME\Downloads\ToaM-0.12.0-pc-C\ToaM-0.12.0-pc\renpy\display\transition.py", line 360, in render
    bottom = render(self.old_widget, width, height, st, at)
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 166, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:4075)
  File "C:\Users\NY_ME\Downloads\ToaM-0.12.0-pc-C\ToaM-0.12.0-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
  File "C:\Users\NY_ME\Downloads\ToaM-0.12.0-pc-C\ToaM-0.12.0-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 675, in render
    child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
  File "C:\Users\NY_ME\Downloads\ToaM-0.12.0-pc-C\ToaM-0.12.0-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 925, in render
    surf = render(d, width - x, rh, cst, cat)
  File "C:\Users\NY_ME\Downloads\ToaM-0.12.0-pc-C\ToaM-0.12.0-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 774, in render
    rv = super(Button, self).render(width, height, st, at)
  File "C:\Users\NY_ME\Downloads\ToaM-0.12.0-pc-C\ToaM-0.12.0-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1127, in render
    st, at)
  File "C:\Users\NY_ME\Downloads\ToaM-0.12.0-pc-C\ToaM-0.12.0-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 583, in render
    return cache.get(self, render=True)
  File "C:\Users\NY_ME\Downloads\ToaM-0.12.0-pc-C\ToaM-0.12.0-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
    surf = image.load()
  File "C:\Users\NY_ME\Downloads\ToaM-0.12.0-pc-C\ToaM-0.12.0-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 628, in load
    surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
  File "C:\Users\NY_ME\Downloads\ToaM-0.12.0-pc-C\ToaM-0.12.0-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 576, in load
    raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'gui/hidden/u12s1id.png'.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Tribulations of a Mage 0.12.0
Sun Apr 28 20:47:08 2024

Reactions: imzahai

youraccount69

Dec 30, 2020
TribulationsOfAMage-0.12.0
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.
Want to join the team? Read more here!

4.10 star(s) 19 Votes