Translator++ Error with RPG Maker VX Ace

sillygoose7

Mar 29, 2019
I'm having a frustrating error when using Translator++. I do everything correctly (I think) and when I patch the game and delete the Game.rgss3a file, I get an error upon startup saying:

Script "Window_NameInput" line 33: SyntaxError occurred.
unexpected ','
"Ka", "Ki", "Ku", "Ke", "This", "Za", "Ji", "Zu", "Ze", "Oh".,

And the game shuts down after that.
I've tried doing the steps in different orders and still come up with the same result. I've extracted the Game.rgss3a file before translating and after. Obviously the game runs fine when I leave the Game.rgss3a file in the game's folder, but it overwrites the translation and the game is still in Japanese.
Does anyone know how I can solve this?

ChickenWangs43

Apr 1, 2020
hey, im Im a total noob at translator++ so when I found out we had the same exact problem and nobody explained it, I started experimenting in translator and figured it out.

use the search function but only search script files specifically
search '33'
that should pull up some results that match what the syntax error says
click on the one that is translated into 'Oh'., and delete the PERIOD.
hope this helps

sillygoose7

Mar 29, 2019
T
hey, im Im a total noob at translator++ so when I found out we had the same exact problem and nobody explained it, I started experimenting in translator and figured it out.

search '33'
hope this helps
Thank you so much!

Shirokamisama

Aug 26, 2018

search '33'
hope this helps
I have a similiar problem, but it says: Script 'Window_NameInput' line 58: NameError occured.
undefined local variable or method `" for Window_NameInput:Class

Any idea what I should do?

Nsfw197

Jul 8, 2019
I have a similiar problem, but it says: Script 'Window_NameInput' line 58: NameError occured.
undefined local variable or method `" for Window_NameInput:Class

Any idea what I should do?
I got this error when I machine-translated everything in the "Scripts" file. You can translate most simple wordings in there, but I think the error happens when translating the keyboard specific kanjis or command specific concatenations.
But I'm sure, you can at least workaround that error, if you deselect Scripts when batch-translating.

Shirokamisama

Aug 26, 2018
I got this error when I machine-translated everything in the "Scripts" file. You can translate most simple wordings in there, but I think the error happens when translating the keyboard specific kanjis or command specific concatenations.
But I'm sure, you can at least workaround that error, if you deselect Scripts when batch-translating.
I see. Someone already kindly solved it by doing the mtl themselves, and sharing the files, but thank you regardless! Next time I'll try it like this! Thank you again! ^^ <3