• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Others [Translation request]Thief and Troll[Yukari]

EzravonLeon

Sep 25, 2020
+1

Hope there will be a complete translation for this in the future. Avallachtranslations was just recently edit translating the first one Thief & Sword. I know GGBases has a partially translated version available for download as torrent file.

PanOp

Jan 20, 2019
The translation was mostly done a decade ago by mostly others at Hongfire, but I organized the files and brought them together. The two heroine campaigns are fully playable. The H-scenes are only at around 50% or less, and I ignored the Troll scenes because I do not like them.

Attached is the 2016 version of the patch. This is so long ago that I do not know if this is the most complete version, but with Hongfire gone I don't know if there is a consistent repo for translation patches.

Unpack, put both patch.xp3 and patch2.xp3 into the TAT folder.

Last edited:

PanOp

Jan 20, 2019
The T in the Scene menu denotes those with partially complete translations. 37 scenes were done.

PanOp

Jan 20, 2019
So, how does combat work in this game?
Combat is an RPG with a timing mechanic similar to what you find in many old golf games-- hitting some zone on the way out and on the way in.

All weapons have a limited number of uses, but there are many powerful ones.

It switches between an Attack phase and a Defense phase, and you select items to use for both phases, not just on the offense.

Jun 11, 2018
Combat is an RPG with a timing mechanic similar to what you find in many old golf games-- hitting some zone on the way out and on the way in.

All weapons have a limited number of uses, but there are many powerful ones.

It switches between an Attack phase and a Defense phase, and you select items to use for both phases, not just on the offense.
Okay, but why is it that when I start combat the only thing I can do is eat food until the fist and foot appear?

PanOp

Jan 20, 2019
Okay, but why is it that when I start combat the only thing I can do is eat food until the fist and foot appear?
Not sure. Do you have any other pieces of equipment? Is that on your turn or the enemy turn? Have you equipped items to your active slots from the character menu before you get into combat?