Others None [Translation Request] Oji-san Okaeri: Yado Nashi Gyaru to Hajimeru Dokidoki Dousei Seikatsu

Minax401

Sep 13, 2020
I'm poking around to see if it's doable, but currently I don't even know to get into the scripts since it uses the YU-RIS engine and it's not as easy to open them up (I'll see if I can figure it out but if anyone knows how to get into them after extracting them via VN Extractor Garbo please let me know -- or other methods??)
I don't know if it helps, but apparently Translator++ has a plugin to translate the Yu-Ris engine ( ), and this is a tool for YuRis Engine

Hannya

Apr 1, 2023
I don't know if it helps, but apparently Translator++ has a plugin to translate the Yu-Ris engine ( ), and this is a tool for YuRis Engine
Yeah unfortunately that's the paid version of translator++ only. I'm on the fence about spending money just for the tools to translate, since translating already requires so much work, but I might do it. Especially with being a patreon sub vs just a price for the software, ugh. So what, if I stop subscribing I'd lose access to the software =_= ???

Thanks for the second link too, hadn't seen that one yet. Guess the owner scrubbed the releases so I'll have to compile it myself but shouldn't be too bad. So far I've been using a combination of , , , and and I've been able to extract the text from the game but have not gotten injecting translated text back in to work yet.

At least is the first tool that finally output the XOR encryption key to a log I could copy:
Address: 0080130C
XOR Key: D36FAC96
(Address is probably not relevant)

EDIT:
I fucking did it. Not sure if this'll be the final method for injecting text, but it's nice to have one method that works so far.
1709508526534.png

1709508549229.png
Not sure why the kerning is totally fucked. Maybe that's the source font? Hmmm.

Last edited:

Hannya

Apr 1, 2023
If you do manage to get working scripts (extract and insert back) do tell how, I have 5 years of Japanese experience. I wouldn't mind doing an Edited MTL on this, as I've already played it and like it a lot.
I sent you a DM on Saturday, but let me know if you're still interested in translating it? I've got a working pipeline and have started doing a little bit of TL, but I'd be more than happy to let you take over.

Reactions: Minax401

Hannya

Apr 1, 2023
I just wanted to say, while this thread is just me working on the TL -- I don't really know why I picked this game to try and TL. I'm a fairly new translator, and so far I've done 2 full games that are in the ballpark of 200-400 lines, and 2 half-finished games that weren't much different in length.

This fucking game has 9,000 goddamn lines of dialogue, somewhere on the order of 240,000 characters/letters.

My man did not stop cooking. Apparently he had a lot to say about a gyaru cohabitation life.

For one terrifying moment it looked like it was going to be 18,000 lines but for whatever reason the update package in the game files (I guess it got an update some time after release) has the full base-game dialogue in it too.

Hannya

Apr 1, 2023
So, just a heads up about the TL -- it turns out solving the kerning issue is not trivial. The engine doesn't use normal fonts, so it's basically impossible for me to "change" the font. It's baked in at the engine level.

What that also means is that making a "polished" MTL translation is thereby out of the cards for me, since there's no real way for any guarantee that my translated text will show up (it gets cut off over a certain length, based on the lettering). I could spend the like, three months polishing the text, but then having it just not even show up right would be super demoralizing.

So my plan is to leave it as just an MTL translation, fix the lines that the MTL broke on (e.g., onomatopoeias often break the MTL and it fails to translate the line at all), translate the UI elements and release that. I'd expect to release it in a month or two if I don't run into any other problems (e.g., need to ensure repacking the UI elements actually works).

I'm sad that it won't be a quality TL, but it'll be at least playable. I'll also release the source text files / t++ package so if anyone does want to try and polish the text, they can. As a solo translator it's above my paygrade in the sheer quantity of lines.

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
So, just a heads up about the TL -- it turns out solving the kerning issue is not trivial. The engine doesn't use normal fonts, so it's basically impossible for me to "change" the font. It's baked in at the engine level.

What that also means is that making a "polished" MTL translation is thereby out of the cards for me, since there's no real way for any guarantee that my translated text will show up (it gets cut off over a certain length, based on the lettering). I could spend the like, three months polishing the text, but then having it just not even show up right would be super demoralizing.

So my plan is to leave it as just an MTL translation, fix the lines that the MTL broke on (e.g., onomatopoeias often break the MTL and it fails to translate the line at all), translate the UI elements and release that. I'd expect to release it in a month or two if I don't run into any other problems (e.g., need to ensure repacking the UI elements actually works).

I'm sad that it won't be a quality TL, but it'll be at least playable. I'll also release the source text files / t++ package so if anyone does want to try and polish the text, they can. As a solo translator it's above my paygrade in the sheer quantity of lines.
I salute your effort nonetheless.

shiori01

Dec 21, 2020

Hello, Would you mind to put both original text & translated text on separated file? It will be useful for us to help making proper translation

Reactions: Hannya

Hannya

Apr 1, 2023
Looks like I finally got it to stop crashing, not 100% sure what part of the translation was causing it.

Anyway, so this is the super barebones, horribly translated 0.0.1 MTL version, and since there's so much damn text I figured it'd be better if people could help me test it out for problems since there was no way in hell I'd be able to do that solo.

The quality is pretty brutal, pronouns are wrong (often calling Mina "he" etc), so really prepare yourself for the lowest quality here, but there's almost 10k lines of text, so it is what it is.

update1.ypf is the only file you have to replace. I'm not even 100% sure what ysbin.ypf does since it appears to have the exact same text.

I've also included my t++ files that (should?) have all the text. Let me know if that doesn't work, I'm totally new to exporting t++ projects for other people to use.

No UI is translated, I'll probably work on that next as a break from working on the text.

Let me know if you get any crashes -- copy the error messages, or bits of dialogue from the scene it crashes in so I can find them in the TL.

Reactions: zeroex3 and kamei

kamei

Oct 30, 2018
Looks like I finally got it to stop crashing, not 100% sure what part of the translation was causing it.

Anyway, so this is the super barebones, horribly translated 0.0.1 MTL version, and since there's so much damn text I figured it'd be better if people could help me test it out for problems since there was no way in hell I'd be able to do that solo.

The quality is pretty brutal, pronouns are wrong (often calling Mina "he" etc), so really prepare yourself for the lowest quality here, but there's almost 10k lines of text, so it is what it is.

update1.ypf is the only file you have to replace. I'm not even 100% sure what ysbin.ypf does since it appears to have the exact same text.

I've also included my t++ files that (should?) have all the text. Let me know if that doesn't work, I'm totally new to exporting t++ projects for other people to use.

No UI is translated, I'll probably work on that next as a break from working on the text.

Let me know if you get any crashes -- copy the error messages, or bits of dialogue from the scene it crashes in so I can find them in the TL.
good work
at last you open the way for other people to help translate it
not all people can crack it (honestly i try too)
i really appreciate it

Hannya

Apr 1, 2023
Hello, Would you mind to put both original text & translated text on separated file? It will be useful for us to help making proper translation
good work
at last you open the way for other people to help translate it
not all people can crack it (honestly i try too)
i really appreciate it
Yeah, I didn't want to share it yet since it was causing crashes, I figured it'd be pointless if something in the TL was causing it to be unplayable. But for now it seems to be working.

Let me know if you need it in other formats. I'll add the .txt files too if that helps.

The only thing is now if I make any changes to the text other people translating might also do the same work, so I'll just work on UI for the next while and see if anyone else manages to actually translate anything.

I'll always be able to help inject the text into the game, so ping me for that if needed.