RPGM [Translation Request] LOVE IS UNDEAD (MEGA DOWNLOAD)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
I can't manage unpack the executable.
EnigmaVBUnpacker says:
"[x] Didn't find "EVB" signature.
[x] This file is not protected with Enigma Virtual Box or is hacked."
So my translation methods will not work for this. :(

MTool seems to work for a partial translation though.

broken_division

Game Compressor
Oct 4, 2017
I can't manage unpack the executable.
EnigmaVBUnpacker says:
"[x] Didn't find "EVB" signature.
[x] This file is not protected with Enigma Virtual Box or is hacked."
So my translation methods will not work for this. :(

MTool seems to work for a partial translation though.
Did you check for the latest version, this happen to me before (y)

Reactions: Shisaye

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Still wont be able to translate this. :(
This game has about 1kk characters. There's no way I can reasonably make that work with DeepL, that would take weeks. MTool is still probably the best option.

zths

Modder
Donor
Mar 6, 2019
Still wont be able to translate this. :(
This game has about 1kk characters. There's no way I can reasonably make that work with DeepL, that would take weeks. MTool is still probably the best option.
I bring this on test:
Screw you DeepL.
(In fact it's still not that great, it's too slow.

You can also use this stuff for MTL.( i mean the Sugoi

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
I bring this on test:
Screw you DeepL.
(In fact it's still not that great, it's too slow.

You can also use this stuff for MTL.( i mean the Sugoi
I don't think the Sugoi offline translator is a viable alternative, "yet".
I made a comparison a few months ago: (With a now outdated version, but I doubt it changed to an extreme degree.)
1.png
2.png
3.png
In quite a few cases Sugoi is not translating the entire input skipping entire sentences, and unlike DeepL, doesn't even mark those sections.
I would go as far as to say that, if you want to have a full idea what's going on, Google-translate still outperforms the Sugoi offline translator at the moment.

Would love to see it become viable though, I really like the idea of an offline translator.

Edit: Almost forgot, the Sugoi-offline-translator also breaks formatting a lot more than Google-translate, making automation difficult.

Last edited:

zths

Modder
Donor
Mar 6, 2019
I don't think the Sugoi offline translator is a viable alternative, "yet".
I made a comparison a few months ago: (With a now outdated version, but I doubt it changed to an extreme degree.)
View attachment 1588028
View attachment 1588029
View attachment 1588030
In quite a few cases Sugoi is not translating the entire input skipping entire sentences, and unlike DeepL, doesn't even mark those sections.
I would go as far as to say that, if you want to have a full idea what's going on, Google-translate still outperforms the Sugoi offline translator at the moment.

Would love to see it become viable though, I really like the idea of an offline translator.

Edit: Almost forgot, the Sugoi-offline-translator also breaks formatting a lot more than Google-translate, making automation difficult.
You could try again now, with my tool, See it's improve or not.
And I'm not a native English speaker, so I need some feedback (to see if it's worth it for buy a separate server for it)

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
You could try again now, with my tool, See it's improve or not.
And I'm not a native English speaker, so I need some feedback (to see if it's worth it for buy a separate server for it)
Oh sorry, I misunderstood your post, mine was about using Sugoi offline V2 as a base in manual translations or edited batch-translations in Translator++.
I don't even know how MTool handles formatting so Sugoi breaking text effects and variables in my tests, doesn't necessarily give you useful information.

In general about the quality of the translation I would have to do a complete series of tests, with different games written in different Japanese regional styles, to judge if the output stays consistent/accurate, or if something is missing, and even then I don't think my Japanese is remotely good enough to properly judge that.

I think Sugoi has serious potential in the future, and I really do not want to claim to be an authority on "good English", considering all my translations are pretty bad. (I'm not a native English speaker either.)

Reactions: Courier_Young

fantasmic

Nov 3, 2021
Is it worthwhile to try an mtl on this game right now? The dev's last two games (both released in 2020) got an official English release around a week later (according to publication dates on DLsite). I checked the dev's and Twitter but didn't see any big announcements about an English version. The blog did mention that v1.00 is a bit buggy though.

zths

Modder
Donor
Mar 6, 2019
Oh sorry, I misunderstood your post, mine was about using Sugoi offline V2 as a base in manual translations or edited batch-translations in Translator++.
I don't even know how MTool handles formatting so Sugoi breaking text effects and variables in my tests, doesn't necessarily give you useful information.

In general about the quality of the translation I would have to do a complete series of tests, with different games written in different Japanese regional styles, to judge if the output stays consistent/accurate, or if something is missing, and even then I don't think my Japanese is remotely good enough to properly judge that.

I think Sugoi has serious potential in the future, and I really do not want to claim to be an authority on "good English", considering all my translations are pretty bad. (I'm not a native English speaker either.)
No need to be so serious, Just use it to play some games (like this one) and tell me what you think about it.

My purpose here is just to see if it's worth to (About Quality) spending a lot of money on a server for it.
It can easily take 10000$+ or even 20000$+ for a Multi-graphic card server. (in USD, and also a hosting fee of about $300 per month.)
That's a lot of money for me to spend on server and graphics cards to process models quickly.

Reactions: broken_division

broken_division

Game Compressor
Oct 4, 2017
No need to be so serious, Just use it to play some games (like this one) and tell me what you think about it.

My purpose here is just to see if it's worth to (About Quality) spending a lot of money on a server for it.
It can easily take 10000$+ or even 20000$+ for a Multi-graphic card server. (in USD, and also a hosting fee of about $300 per month.)
That's a lot of money for me to spend on server and graphics cards to process models quickly.
I will agree with Shisaye ,right now i am using the Mtool as my last alternative when translator++ does not work (basically all the wolf rpg games (y) )
You already have 3 options to translate with the Mtool and it's pretty quick and decent
I believe it will not get any better with Sugoi-translator quality-wise for the time and money required to run it (not even accelerated).
Also i did run the offline version and all the processing was being doing on my cpu my gpu was idle , does it even support gpu acceleration?
Thank you for the Mtool(y)

zths

Modder
Donor
Mar 6, 2019
I will agree with Shisaye ,right now i am using the Mtool as my last alternative when translator++ does not work (basically all the wolf rpg games (y) )
You already have 3 options to translate with the Mtool and it's pretty quick and decent
I believe it will not get any better with Sugoi-translator quality-wise for the time and money required to run it (not even accelerated).
Also i did run the offline version and all the processing was being doing on my cpu my gpu was idle , does it even support gpu acceleration?
Thank you for the Mtool(y)
If you do some pre-works, update pyTtorch to the cuda version, and un-comment out a line of code ( flaskServer.py line ja2en.cuda() ), you can get it with GPU acceleration.

It is not too heavy for real-time translation (e.g. OCR), but is very challenging to the system specification for batch translation.

Reactions: broken_division
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote