None [Translation Request] Explorer of The Golden Planet

TragicSolitude

Jan 3, 2019
i dont understand. the link is just the main page, idont get my answer for my question.
The English translation the download linked on the main page, that you asked for on your previous post, and I answered your question after the link I posted about what "+1" means.

Last edited:

TragicSolitude

Jan 3, 2019
re read the post. got it thx. and what do you mean by "TL" services actually?
No worries.
It means I'm hiring a translator to help translate Kemomimi Treasure Hunters for me.
I can do all the engine work for that game and others, but can't speak a lick of Japanese. So I have to pay people to help there. (Or hope that any game I find interesting has people interested in doing free translation work, otherwise lol)

Reactions: Spring Fields

someonebody42

Sep 18, 2020
im not sure where to go after beating spider in boreal city
apparently im supposed to be looking for a low gravity platform and it shows on my map but iv got no way to get there

cell943

Oct 14, 2017
anyone has the latest version ? on dlsite it said content updated in January.
These are the only things changed:
  • Some notation changes
  • Added points where characters to be rescued are placed in some areas
  • Added requested NPC naked diffs
  • Added a function that can be forced to quit while watching an erotic event scene
"naked diffs" is the only thing that sounds interesting, but no clue what "diff" refers to.

wahbast

Feb 11, 2020
"naked diffs" is the only thing that sounds interesting, but no clue what "diff" refers to.
I figure it refers to the contents of the "全裸verデータ" folder, which has alternate versions of sprites in the bpm folder, so basically a dev made sprite mod for you to replace the original files with.

Rat-attack

Aug 18, 2020
First of all....hi guys....I'm the guy who yeah....started work on translating the game with intentions to do the whole thing but something personal occured which meant that for the past.....3 ish nearly years I haven't been able to. I only just noticed this thread a month or two ago as I started to get some free time back and as that free time has been returning I've started working a little bit on the game again however.....the Dev updated most if not all the translated files with a content update so if you want to play with new content or fixes for that content, back to stone age. Same goes for the translation so I'm starting over from square one basically. Now on the chance that someone can help me with making things easier I've copied and pasted what I posted on ULMF just now.

Copied and pasted over from ULMF:

Anyone got a version of the ActionEditor which is 1020 or higher? As my version is 930 and Loneranger69 used 1020 to do their edits which means my editor is unable to read the files now so I can't see what work they did to use to lessen my work load as I have started picking this up again now but are having to restart nearly completely due to the game updates since I last worked on this. As a result I've been forced to trash most of my work previously done and Loneranger69's work except for most of the BMP's files they changed which I had no idea how to do so many thanks to them for that.

Note before you guys celebrate that this is being worked on again....this is not yet certain as I've been hating that I haven't done this yet and been wanting to do so and my time has not been freed up 100% yet, so an update won't be for a while as a lot needs to be redone (even if copy and pasted from what I did before since I didn't know about the breakthrough Loneranger69 found) so I'm nearly completely restarting from ground zero and also may not have the time to even do so still.
PS Translation for the game will be very slow regardless for anyone attempting this due to how the game's editor is setup which makes it very annoying in my opinion to look over all the text. also I can't resize the important windows so they stay their preset 480p (maybe even 360p) sized version. Only plus side with this editor is that you can see how the game is made and even edit the files to make custom levels or remove bits that annoy yourself......at least appear to do so since I never tried. So you can't just copy all the text and send it off to a translator to send it back to you all MTL done or professionally done since text is split up between levels and is contained in specific sections of the selected thing.

Last edited:

TragicSolitude

Jan 3, 2019
-brevity-

You should just be able to plop the editor into a folder as far as I recall, but if I'm missing anything please let me know.
I was a little confused as to why you asked, but I see now that the engine dev's site is gone. Does anyone have concrete info on this?
Edit: I spent a fair chunk of my time after first making this post trying to come up with anything, but it seems to have just happened out of thin air. Both US and JP sources have yielded little so far. Any info anyone does have would be great though! Seems it has been down since the top of '22.
We should also be sure to hoard backups of any other versions we come across just in case this is a permanent matter.

If you two need help at some point dealing with the game though, definitely let me know and I'm sure we could all chat it up and see what's what.

Last edited:

Rat-attack

Aug 18, 2020
TragicSolitude Many thanks for the quick response, it worked to open the files.

As you said the dev's site is gone and as I said in my copied ULMF post it's been bought by someone who's using it for spam and malewhere stuff. (antivirus threw up major warning s about connecting to the site so I used a website viewer to check it)

With hoarding versions of the editor....it's not needed as far as I've experience at least with this game since it doesn't appear to force any changes that break the game as a result of editing with a version far later than the original one....but I'm not going to risk it via using only v1020 so I'm going to use v930 unless there's a good reason for it.

I think I also gave the wrong impression with myself working with someone else as in the past I did have someone who I could ask rarely for translation help and Loneranger69 decided to pick up what I had done when I stopped having the time to work on it however they themselves have now vanished for nearly a year. So I would be doing this all solo.

I would appreciate any help and can attempt to teach others how to translate using this editor since it's rather annoying to just understand what you need to do to copy and paste from the editor. However there is a word to caution to be given here as since you have to replace the original text then you can't so easily reverse or use it to check what the text was originally in all level files so if someone names a weapon Beam Rifle in the shop file but then a collaborator names it Beam Gun in the equip level (yes they are two different files for that which you switch between easily) then it's nearly impossible to tell the mess up until someone painstakingly compares the new files with the old ones.
So I believe collaboration will need a set plan for who is tackling what e.g. someone is doing shop/weapons while another does character's speaking and their names. As if I recall correctly there is a clear distinction between the two in the levels I came across of.

Something I just did right now was start doing work on making global text changes (if I understood loneranger69's explanation correctly) to get hopefully a massive portion of the text done so then it's harder for mess ups to occur. However I only got through 6 character details (one was a massive shop upgrade list I believe) which has taken me over an hour in doing so. (mostly due to copy & pasting and switching between entries rather than translating) So this translation work is a massive time sink as in the past when I had time I would be expecting to spend hours to maybe finish a few characters in a level, a whole level file I think could take about 10 hours minimum as people talking is so much harder to translate than just what is an item due to the length. Luckily some files have no talking so then you just need to translate the enemy tags scavenge stuff and misc things which then could be maybe 4 hours. If I remember right and this is when I had mouse buttons setup for quickly doing CTRL+C and CTRL+V.

TragicSolitude

Jan 3, 2019
TragicSolitude Many thanks for the quick response, it worked to open the files.
-brevity-
Glad that did the trick for you.

The bit about the website isn't the most off. It's just what happens to empty domains, bots scoop them up and use them for that. I was more so curious as to the why the engine dev disappeared in general. Cause that's a pretty rough blow for the JP sidescroller market since it's free and all. (Or maybe I'm just biased to it.)
However, hoarding the editors IS important for other games that have been made that haven't been translated yet, or may come out using older versions and will need a translation. I'm not 100% about a newer ver breaking older games either, but I'd rather not have to risk it for any others. (But I'm also going to make a public archive on F95 in a little while once I scour around for any I have.)

As for you two's working relationship that was just more an educated guess on my part. I don't go to ULMF frequently anymore so I only caught what was what in a brief skim through. No worries if it's just a cat and mouse type of thing.

And also, I'm exceptionally familiar with AE4. I'm working on Kemomimi Treasure Hunters and touhou-marupon-dou's "Devils Were Tempted ..." after all lol. If you want to send me a list of things you expect you'll get to last, I can poke around at those when I'm not busy with a couple of other things I'm involved in.

Reactions: Rat-attack

Rat-attack

Aug 18, 2020
--SNIP--
And also, I'm exceptionally familiar with AE4. I'm working on Kemomimi Treasure Hunters and touhou-marupon-dou's "Devils Were Tempted ..." after all lol. If you want to send me a list of things you expect you'll get to last, I can poke around at those when I'm not busy with a couple of other things I'm involved in.
I appreciate any help you can offer or a guide on AE4 if you have made one as all I know about AE4 is very little as I have only received guidance on how to translate this game from others who said that they weren't too sure on how to deal with the editor themselves. Also I don't know Japanese so I can't even understand what anything the editor is saying as I don't believe it's got a language setting.
I don't think I can really say as to what I will be getting to last at the moment since I am doing a different and much longer method of translating since there's a lot more to go through in one level file via following what Loneranger69 said about changing the text in the characters and items in the secondary window panel that appears and changes based on what your looking to select. So I'd rather not assign anything out yet till I know what won't get touched really especially when you have two projects of your own that your doing (though it seems your just extracting text instead of just translating as you purchase that before inserting that?).

However an thought came to my mind that it would be useful is having the files separated into two categories, lots of text or little to no text. As then those little text amount files I can do when I have less time (though less impact since they are usually combat areas) while I work on big amounts when I have lots of free time which is very rare currently. So if your able to do that in your spare time then that will help, you can just put the files into a folder titled "None" and "Lots".

Here's a link to pixeldrain to download the latest version of the game so your definitely working on the same files as myself: