Ren'Py - Onhold - Town of Femdom - A Reluctant Hero [v0.36] [jinjonkun]

1. 2.00 star(s)

Ophanim

Wow, I bounced off of this one hard. It's a little difficult for me to put into words why, but this is an open world game that manages to feel like a bad VN. Gameplay wise, a lot of what you'll be doing feels pointless and repetitive, and not just in the RPG grinding sort of way, but in the 'I've seen this scene before, this is the sixth time, can we please just do anything else' sort of way. I like the idea of fantasy farm management sim, with nasty people on your back all the time like particularly rapey landladies, but this is so undercooked I'm like... why bother?

The femdom concepts on display are very varied, but where I can usually get into the headspace of the women, here I'm just like... nothing. They literally all feel the same, make the exact same maniacal facial expression in every single scene, have largely the same speech patterns... These characters are not well characterized, I'm sorry. They're kind of like if you had a collection of talking dolls, but a factory error put the same voicebox in each of them. The main character is a blank slate protagonist-kun, which overall just makes his interactions with any of the above accursed grinning flesh puppets all the more lifeless.

That largely leaves the renders, which are competent if not for the aforementioned 'accursed flesh puppet' expressions that come as standard anyone with the misfortune of being gendered as a woman in this setting. Overall, visually, tonally and character-wise, not horrible but oppressively samey and repetitive content.

The writing was... completely unremarkable? I played this game barely a week ago and I cannot remember anything noteworthy about the writing, which suggests it was probably neither horrifically broken nor very inspired. The setting was some vaguely fantasy medieval thing and felt exactly as relevant to the gameplay as one might expect from the tone of this review.

I mean, props for writing competent feeling, if aggressive and obvious, woman-on-man sexual harrassment and objectification from the woman with the stall, but it wasn't enough to save my experience, particularly after seeing those scenes over and over and over.

As it stands, ToF is kind of a skeleton of a better game that has more reasons to manage energy and go on quests and stuff, and what is here, feels ill-advised or self-indulgent to me. Sorry, that's just how this one made me feel.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

SomeoneRandomToYou

(Review as of v.036)

It's a decent entry in the femdom series that the dev has been known for making for quite a while now, with a variety of different fetishes that cater to femdom fans depending on what you like. With that being said, I found the whole experience so far to be lacklustre, especially with regards to the Sandbox element and the overall theme of the game.

Pros:
    - Good variety of different femdom fetishes spread out in the game so far

- Female models are decent, and the erotic scenes and animations are also quite alright for the version so far.

Cons:
    - Your relationship with practically every girl in this game is bland and surface level at best. All of them have the same 'bitchy' personality, all of them treat the MC like shit from the very first minute, and the MC himself has little to no personality as well. Obviously it's still early days, but unlike in the Prison 2 where some of the female characters had interesting backstories and had a bit more to their character than just being a straight up bitch, there is no sign of that in this game at all.

- The sandbox element really isn't hitting it for me. I can see why the dev put it in for the whole micro management system you have going on with earning gold and maintaining the farm, but for the most part all you do is cycle through repetitive scenes hoping that you eventually unlock something new and bar the princess storyline nothing really seems to go in the way of an active story progression.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

interlinked

Really great game with signifficant progress. At the start it seemed like a futile project with nothing much to do, but it evolved and I can see the potential now.

A true gem for femdom lovers. Having the princess at your house and helping that sadistic bitch get anything she wants is a pure bliss.

Have to give this 5/5 for the insane potential I see now.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Larsung

Not much to say its a jonkun game ... and like his other games he delivers ^^

keep on doing such great games!!

i only wish he would have even more time for game updates

for those who are reading the Reviews, well if youre into femdom if you like to play a sub those games are for you, well you can go dom path also but lets be honest Kungames are not played for the dominance part ^^
  5. 4.00 star(s)

Candtr

When I played this game months ago I didn't really like it, I thought it was just another mediocre femdom game, but now? this game is becoming exactly what I want. If the story keeps going the way it is going(especially the princess femdom route) this will definitely become one of my favorite adult games.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

eliseleclaire

It's a great game! I like the idea of an actual commoner protagonist instead of some kind of hero and the concepts and CGs actually aren't bad at all, the only thing it lacks at the moment is content but hopefully that will be remedied with time.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Aseratrix

I've been following the progress of the game, and it seems to me that every update brings more refined animations and renders, clearly a lot of work is put into this one.

Probably every adult genre has a handful of games which are really good, as someone who truly loves the femdom genre, I dare say this game really hits the spot, its a game which truly understands its subject and plays with an ever increasing variety. One can avoid some specific fetishes by simply not working the "job" involving them. Of the fetishes I do like, they are obviously made by someone who really gets what makes a D/s situation tick. A top shelf femdom game is in the making no doubt.

The gameplay is also something novel on this site, its not your typical novel format, but a mix between a novel and free roam, but in such a way that the latter moves a story forward. Its truly a creative way of avoiding all the pitfalls which come with either style. It manages to entertain throughout, and while there is a lot of content, its really so good, that it seems way shorter than it actually is.

Warmly recommended for anyone into proper femdom and alternatively futadom.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Supersimpleman123

Very good Femdom Game. All of the content is optional and is based on your preferences. Definitely give it a try. The developer improves steadily with every work and adds more elements to each game. The renders aren't as pretty as some other games, but it hits all points that a femdom game should have very well. Excited to see how the game develops
  9. 4.00 star(s)

Jyk

(Demo Review)
    It's basic stuff compared to many other games out right now, but it's done well (decent models & system/UI, no grammar issues or bugs - or at least I noticed none) and that's really all you need.
    Synopsis nails it, MC is a new farmer in a femdom medieval world.
    Futa content is avoidable (and so is most content it seems) so you won't have to do anything you don't want too - but be aware that means you might miss out on quite a bit of content depending on what that kink you are avoiding is (ex: if you don't like femdom, don't play the game).
    Not much content in total (like 8-10ish scenes), which is understandable for a demo and the patron version offers more if you want to support.
    Overall, it has a promising future if this quality is maintained throughout more releases

Edit || v0.1 Part 1

New content both adds a variety of scenes with different kinks and also starts some level of plot, didn't notice any problems besides the possibility that to see certain content every new update you may have to restart (ex: princess arrives day 10 and if you load a game from previous version that's like day 21 you won't see her scenes). Overall, a good sign that this game will continue to release quality content (again assuming you are into the theme, if you don't like femdom you will not like this game)