RPGM Tower of Trample [v1.18.0.4 + Standalone SC3] [Bo Wei/Koda]

4.40 star(s) 52 Votes

Pic

May 13, 2017
He said Cobra is causing issues in programming, not that she will receive an expansion.
He said that found problem in the floor he is expanding... so if one problem is Lady Cobra we could assume that she receive an update and even in the lower lines he jokes about it wondering who could be one of the ladies who will receive an exspansion, the real mistery is who beetween Lily and Yvonne will have more affect (hope both) :)

Reactions: LeonOne994

Jhony Miro

May 24, 2018
Yvonne is long overdue for an expansion
Though I recall them saying something about running out of ideas for her, so I dunno...

bahamut2195

Mar 28, 2018
Yeah I'm betting he mentioned Cobra because of how the whole EX thing is going to work. If you can't use Cobra's baseline stats, and her stats are in flux depending on player actions, writing a formula to predict and match player statistics when Cobra's baseline stats have so many variables has to be a pain in the neck. I still hope it's Yvonne and Cobra that get the expansions though, they need it the most.

zazzaro

Jun 5, 2017
He said that found problem in the floor he is expanding... so if one problem is Lady Cobra we could assume that she receive an update and even in the lower lines he jokes about it wondering who could be one of the ladies who will receive an exspansion, the real mistery is who beetween Lily and Yvonne will have more affect (hope both) :)
I belive Cobra will receive an expansion too, but I doubt that's what he meant. Now that I think about it Cobra actually did change something in the saves, infact my old save editor didn't work, so I belive she caused some bugs they'll have to solve before expanding to other floors. That's just speculation though.

Yeah I'm betting he mentioned Cobra because of how the whole EX thing is going to work. If you can't use Cobra's baseline stats, and her stats are in flux depending on player actions, writing a formula to predict and match player statistics when Cobra's baseline stats have so many variables has to be a pain in the neck. I still hope it's Yvonne and Cobra that get the expansions though, they need it the most.
...or this.

Blood Parade

Dusk of Mankind
Donor
Jun 17, 2018
Yay 2 more weeks everyone LOVES dates being pushed back (NOT)
P.S why don't we push it back till New Year?
PSS Deadline is 25th august btw (its wrote on patreon that updates take 30-45 days) YARE YARE H I S U C K I
If you're dissatisfied with their progress, in spite of it literally meaning two expansions within the same month, you can always stop being their Patron (which I hope you are, otherwise you honestly don't have much of a room to complain). The basis of "30-45 days" isn't a strict timeline, but a general indication that the release dates will inevitably fluctuate. Private/health issues happen. Game/immersion-breaking bugs happen. Technical issues happen (like Bo's PSU taking a dump recently). Even on the other side of the spectrum, the "eureka" moments and unexpectedly fast progress can happen as well. Seriously, you're overreacting. Bo's update is currently on schedule, and the understandable delay is just one week. Chill.

I still hope it's Yvonne and Cobra that get the expansions though, they need it the most.
They're currently the only two girls without an expansion (excluding Lily, whose regular content is getting finished this update), so it's inevitable. Still, considering that they would be a very easy guess, calling both of this update's expansions a mystery is somewhat confusing, plus Koda was pretty clear in stating that one of them will affect multiple floors. If I had to guess, it'll probably be more lewd scenes for the puppy outfit, considering that it's definitely missing interactions with a lot of the girls, aside from basic dialogue.

bahamut2195

Mar 28, 2018
They're currently the only two girls without an expansion (excluding Lily, whose regular content is getting finished this update), so it's inevitable. Still, considering that they would be a very easy guess, calling both of this update's expansions a mystery is somewhat confusing, plus Koda was pretty clear in stating that one of them will affect multiple floors. If I had to guess, it'll probably be more lewd scenes for the puppy outfit, considering that it's definitely missing interactions with a lot of the girls, aside from basic dialogue.
Good point. As much as I hope for the obvious (Cobra and Yvonne), I would not be too surprised to see an Eliza expansion in which the player is "walked" between floors. The devs also have not seemed overly eager to dive into Yvonne's expansion, which lends credence to their inability to create a fitting storyline for her. Still, they haven't let me down yet with the quality of content, so whoever it is, I'm sure it will be worthwhile.

zazzaro

Jun 5, 2017
@n_SNeK that edo guy is the buffoon of the thread, just don't pay attention to him.

Good point. As much as I hope for the obvious (Cobra and Yvonne), I would not be too surprised to see an Eliza expansion in which the player is "walked" between floors. The devs also have not seemed overly eager to dive into Yvonne's expansion, which lends credence to their inability to create a fitting storyline for her. Still, they haven't let me down yet with the quality of content, so whoever it is, I'm sure it will be worthwhile.
I really hope they finish Eliza's content. She's not one of my favorites, the opposite in fact, but I'm a neat freak and she's sooo close to completition it hurts!

GearlessJoe

Jun 17, 2018
At this point we can take any date they give us and add 1-2 weeks to it if we want to stop being disappointed by their delays, so let's not kid ourselves thinking Bo's update is coming any sooner than October.
Who knows? Maybe I'm just not numb to it because I haven't been around as long as some of you have, and what I'm saying is old news to everyone.

bahamut2195

Mar 28, 2018
At this point we can take any date they give us and add 1-2 weeks to it if we want to stop being disappointed by their delays, so let's not kid ourselves thinking Bo's update is coming any sooner than October.
Who knows? Maybe I'm just not numb to it because I haven't been around as long as some of you have, and what I'm saying is old news to everyone.
Yeah I put little faith into their dates at this point. I'd be more surprised if they released on time.

edoitachi

Jul 24, 2018
@zazzaro Funny to hear that from no name who is only capable of badmouthing a person cuz of envy... U just have to be a dork and hold a grudge because i showed u your place in our chit chat.The case was long closed but you still continiue to bark.... Your type of ppl are called sore losers. =\
PS try not to spread your complexes to healthy ppl k?

Deleted member 690333

Jun 18, 2018
@zazzaro Funny to hear that from no name who is only capable of badmouthing a person cuz of envy... U just have to be a dork and hold a grudge because i showed u your place in our chit chat.The case was long closed but you still continiue to bark.... Your type of ppl are called sore losers. =\
PS try not to spread your complexes to healthy ppl k?
or you could stop complaining about push backs on this forum and we'd be fine? but whatever floats your boat eh

Reactions: Awesoooome

hvarbo

Jul 10, 2018
I doubt that that is so hard to program, you could just have her stats be something like CobraEXattack = max(ethanattack*1,5 ;75) so she would always be at least 50% stronger than ethan and never lower than 75 attack (the numbers probably aren't correct, the reason I used 75 in my example as Cobra's minimum is because she says that if your stats are lower than 50 you shouldn't attempt fighting her and 50*1,5 = 75). And that's a solution I came up within a couple of minutes.

My guess is that Koda himself isn't sure what the problem is, since with programming once you know the problem exactly you are pretty close to fixing it, identifying it is the hardest part.

bahamut2195

Mar 28, 2018
I doubt that that is so hard to program, you could just have her stats be something like CobraEXattack = max(ethanattack*1,5 ;75) so she would always be at least 50% stronger than ethan and never lower than 75 attack (the numbers probably aren't correct, the reason I used 75 in my example as Cobra's minimum is because she says that if your stats are lower than 50 you shouldn't attempt fighting her and 50*1,5 = 75). And that's a solution I came up within a couple of minutes.

My guess is that Koda himself isn't sure what the problem is, since with programming once you know the problem exactly you are pretty close to fixing it, identifying it is the hardest part.
Would that particular example cause a problem though if you wanted Cobra to be somewhat limited in her attack growth? If she had already absorbed lets say 50 atk from Ethan, and you set her EX mode to only 1.5* Ethan's current atk of 50, would that cause an issue? Her S rank would be using 100 atk, where her EX would want to be 75. I honestly don't know jack about coding, I'm just curious.

I always thought coding and programming was somewhat difficult to do, yet it seems like everyone (except me) knows how to do it, and assures me it's easy as hell, if only somewhat tedious. I don't doubt anyone who says it's easy, it just runs contrary to my assumptions.

Reactions: LeonOne994

LeonOne994

Feb 15, 2018
Yeah :D I mean she was released in May if I remember it right and since then we have been teased with the latex catsuit :D enough is enough lol :D But I don't think it will be Yvonnea s the second one, I mean wasn't it not long ago that we heard that Coda is having trouble with the ideas for her? I doubt he got it figured out so quickly as to write an update for her :D

zazzaro

Jun 5, 2017

That doesn't take into account stolen strats though! Luckily by watching datas on save editor I think RPGM can keep stats saved even for enemies, so they are probably doing something along the lines of what you said and add the stolen stats on top.

I always thought coding and programming was somewhat difficult to do, yet it seems like everyone (except me) knows how to do it, and assures me it's easy as hell, if only somewhat tedious. I don't doubt anyone who says it's easy, it just runs contrary to my assumptions.
Coding isn't that hard, but it's not that easy either as you need to get into the right mindset first, and that might take some time. Most programmers usually say it's easy because they have been doing it for a while probably.

B_023

Apr 19, 2018
In case you guys didn't get it yet.

"Summer Cleaning" Progress Report:
I'm pushing the release date on this back by a week (to September 7th) as I've found some unexpected problems in the base code of the floors I'm expanding (which need to be fixed before I add my new content). For anyone curious, the main culprit is certain purple-clad lady who likes stealing your stats (and my time, apparently).

The good news is that since Bo and I are working on these updates in parallel, this shouldn't affect the timing of the 6F release (which is still scheduled for late September as far as I know).

To recap the content of the "Summer Cleaning" release:
- 5F Storyline Conclusion
- "Mystery" Expansion (who could it be!)
- Actual Mystery Expansion
- EX Battles
- QoL Updates (eg. Fast Travel between floors)

hvarbo

Jul 10, 2018
Would that particular example cause a problem though if you wanted Cobra to be somewhat limited in her attack growth? If she had already absorbed lets say 50 atk from Ethan, and you set her EX mode to only 1.5* Ethan's current atk of 50, would that cause an issue? Her S rank would be using 100 atk, where her EX would want to be 75. I honestly don't know jack about coding, I'm just curious.

Well as I said the numbers were pretty much out of my ass, but the idea was that either you're a filthy cheater and you used potions to get your strength to 200 to easily beat cobra who took 50 attack from you (and then she uses ethan's attack as the base) or you didn't cheat and if she took enough attack from you and you're left with let's say 10 attack, you're losing the fight anyway. If you want you can throw in a third value in that max function, something like the value of Cobra's attack in the last available stage *1,1 to ensure that she's tougher than what you'd get in an level 3 fight (and I would expect that the EX fight won't even be available to us if level 3 isn't unlocked).

The part about coding I'll answer in a spoiler, since I want to be as comprehensive as I can, and that can lead to pretty long answers.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

zazzaro

Jun 5, 2017
Well as I said the numbers were pretty much out of my ass, but the idea was that either you're a filthy cheater and you used potions to get your strength to 200 to easily beat cobra who took 50 attack from you (and then she uses ethan's attack as the base) or you didn't cheat and if she took enough attack from you and you're left with let's say 10 attack, you're losing the fight anyway. If you want you can throw in a third value in that max function, something like the value of Cobra's attack in the last available stage *1,1 to ensure that she's tougher than what you'd get in an level 3 fight (and I would expect that the EX fight won't even be available to us if level 3 isn't unlocked).

The part about coding I'll answer in a spoiler, since I want to be as comprehensive as I can, and that can lead to pretty long answers.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I don't think EX battles are meant to be always harder than lv3.

4.40 star(s) 52 Votes