RPGM Tower of Trample [v1.18.0.4 + Standalone SC3] [Bo Wei/Koda]

4.40 star(s) 52 Votes

papey

Sep 7, 2017
karen's mechanic is enjoyable but i prefer simpler fights of which scarlett & khulan are my favorites
scarlett for the pattern-based moves and khulan for being straightforward with adjustable difficulty and options against grabs other than having grab-block up
eliza is also interesting even though it took me awhile to get the gimmick when she first came out (i'm stupid ok)
yvonne is eh, I don't know if there's a pattern or anything but she seems to grab whenever she pleases
I forgot how cobra and lily work but cobra's next in my new playthrough and I went in underequipped so, soon

Reactions: c-+ and bahamut2195

GearlessJoe

Jun 17, 2018
Who was your favorite boss based solely on their battle mechanics thus far?
I would rank the battles like this.
1. Yvonne
2. Khulan
3. Scarlett / Lily
4. Cobra
5. Eliza
6. Karen

Yvonne's was the most I enjoyed so far thanks to her having patterns for her grabs (which I found out only recently thanks to someone on this forum) while also being unpredictable, meaning you have to remember what moves she's used while you're fighting her, but not in the "on-rails" Scarlett way
Khulan I liked her QTEs, they were challenging while not being unfair
Scarlett was too predictable, and although Lily's fight had interesting mechanics that should make it as good as Khulan's, it's way too easy for the point in the game that it's in.
Cobra's and Eliza's fights are kind of boring to me, they're the same type of "opponent charges up a move which you can identify, and have to react accordingly" fight. Bonus points to Cobra for her fight having QTEs and other interesting mechanics. If you factor in the whole stat stealing aspect of Cobra then I guess her fight should be one of the best, but I just don't like that "charging identifiable attack" mechanic.
And Karen I just personally never considered a fight, and not because you can't win, although that ends up contributing to it. What makes me consider Karen's fight some sort of glorified minigame is that your stats don't matter at all, and neither does your equipment or any elemental resistances (We don't even know what her element is, wth?), which have been key to beating the hardest fights so far. I get that this is done for dramatic effect / story purpose, but it's done at the expense of the gameplay IMO. But hey, at least it's not that bad of a minigame...

Reactions: c-+ and bahamut2195
Jun 24, 2018
although Lily's fight had interesting mechanics that should make it as good as Khulan's, it's way too easy for the point in the game that it's in.
I do think the difficulty for Lily's fight fits her place in the story. She isn't the sort of seasoned villain/mercenary/hunter the other enemies are, and one of the story branches is literally her being unable to beat Ethan and changing her outlook based on that. The only reason she's a threat at all is that her dojo buddies all got drained and the naga pearl giving her a power boost. Ethan really has to be her match at that point, given what he's faced so far.

(I'm not saying this because I want to defend Lily I think she's a brat who doesn't deserve any better)

Nov 30, 2018
Eliza was the best femdom content IMO. It felt pretty psychological. I love dynamics like that where Lily makes you her apprentice, or Cobra asks you what the money you've tributed to her could buy back in your home village. I personally felt that Karen veered away from this in terms of fetish content.

boundlessgurl

Oct 19, 2018
Hi everyone, I'm having issues running the game in fullscreen without black borders all around my game.
I've downloaded RPG maker VX ace RTP as required. I've tried f1 to launch game in fullscreen and/or alt+enter on both sides of the keyboard and still doesn't work. My game just fullscreens with black borders with no change in the size of the game. Also f5/f6, I assume you need a fullscreen script for that, but I do not have RPG maker XV ace to add or modify scripts.

I'm running windows 7
I'm surprised has no one encountered this issue ever?

GearlessJoe

Jun 17, 2018
I do think the difficulty for Lily's fight fits her place in the story. She isn't the sort of seasoned villain/mercenary/hunter the other enemies are, and one of the story branches is literally her being unable to beat Ethan and changing her outlook based on that. The only reason she's a threat at all is that her dojo buddies all got drained and the naga pearl giving her a power boost. Ethan really has to be her match at that point, given what he's faced so far.

(I'm not saying this because I want to defend Lily I think she's a brat who doesn't deserve any better)
Yeah, but she made a wish to be able to beat Ethan to a (presumably) all-powerful source of magic, I think she should've been way stronger than she was. Before we got the actual fight after the teaser I thought she'd use some kind of EX-mechanic where she would scale alongside you and have every stat of hers be higher than yours, that's the only way her wish would've made sense. After all she didn't ask for just a power boost, she wished for enough power to be able to beat you, and she's way weaker than Cobra even though you have to beat her in order to fight Lily. Don't make much sense to me :rolleyes:

bahamut2195

Mar 28, 2018
Yeah, but she made a wish to be able to beat Ethan to a (presumably) all-powerful source of magic, I think she should've been way stronger than she was. Before we got the actual fight after the teaser I thought she'd use some kind of EX-mechanic where she would scale alongside you and have every stat of hers be higher than yours, that's the only way her wish would've made sense. After all she didn't ask for just a power boost, she wished for enough power to be able to beat you, and she's way weaker than Cobra even though you have to beat her in order to fight Lily. Don't make much sense to me :rolleyes:
I have to agree with that. The way Lily described her abilities before her level was developed led you to believe she would be above Ethan's level significantly. The way her "story" unraveled was a bit anticlimactic. She owes all her power to the naga pearl really. I, too expected more of her ability based on her confidence. I can't stand Cobra though and maybe that is causing a bit of a bias since Lily is essentially Cobra's minion, even if it's unwillingly.

Reactions: GearlessJoe

Roh Unji

Apr 1, 2018
reason i feel unsatisfied with Yvonne expansion, aside from the content being just about an inanimate object (Yvonne's boot), is that Yvonne's disposition towards Ethan and their relationship didn't seem to change at all as we progress through the expansion.
Which is a shame because I always thought Yvonne was going to be best girl :cry:

LeonOne994

Feb 15, 2018
1. Karen
2. Cobra
3. Yvonne
4. Eliza
5. Lilly
6. Scarlet
7. Khulan in my opinion :D that's counting all of the expansions as well :D

Reactions: c-+

Pic

May 13, 2017
Hey. Can anyone tell me how to fix the skull? Can you give some instructions?
You need the two parts, once you have both you simply have to interact with them in the inventory to repair the helmet

c-+

Jul 29, 2018
For me (and for now):

Cobra > Karen = Scarlett > Khulan = Yvonne > Miss Claus = Lily = Eliza > me being neutral toward a character = Rose

Reactions: LeonOne994
4.40 star(s) 52 Votes