bloodbus

Sep 30, 2020
They still check it. If I have any mention of it on my own web page or even here (like the tag of the game), they would ban me temporally, disable my Patreon page and demand any mention of the game to be removed from Patreon. It happen before. So it may be possible to do it like that, but it is a risk and I was already temporarily banned several times before because of it. I think it is not even their own policy. Basically, Mastercard and PayPal forced them to do it. That is why Subscribestar cannot use PayPal.
A certain NSFW life sim creator has a second account where he makes the patches and makes it clear they're third party. Achieves plausible deniability and still gets to make that kind of content. Just not technically officially. Might be worth looking into if you're interested in that kind of content still

velesk

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
A certain NSFW life sim creator has a second account where he makes the patches and makes it clear they're third party. Achieves plausible deniability and still gets to make that kind of content. Just not technically officially. Might be worth looking into if you're interested in that kind of content still
As I said, when you realize what is behind this, it is still a bad idea. They basically don't care if is it a third party content or not. It is about advertisement and the will of big financial companies. They simply don't want to be associated with a specific type of content. Do they care if it is a "third party content"? No. They see content they don't like, point finger and say - ban this, we don't like it. You start arguing - it is not my content, it is third party. Does not matter. Patreon is more concerned with keeping their advertisements and structural support than with keeping you on the platform. Patreon will change it's rules from one day to another and enforce it backwards, if it wills. It did it before.

bloodbus

Sep 30, 2020
As I said, when you realize what is behind this, it is still a bad idea. They basically don't care if is it a third party content or not. It is about advertisement and the will of big financial companies. They simply don't want to be associated with a specific type of content. Do they care if it is a "third party content"? No. They see content they don't like, point finger and say - ban this, we don't like it. You start arguing - it is not my content, it is third party. Does not matter. Patreon is more concerned with keeping their advertisements and structural support than with keeping you on the platform. Patreon will change it's rules from one day to another and enforce it backwards, if it wills. It did it before.
Well I thought I'd share the idea, but I see you've considered it anyway. Thanks for this game anyway. I had fun with it

Spectrecal

Aug 7, 2022
Literally every other game here has a running patreon with incest patches and discussion and they don't have a problem but OK

adddadark

Oct 19, 2020
I totally get your apprehension of losing your way of income, but if you ever want to include some content like that again, one clever way I saw some devs step around that issue is to offer the player a text input to write their own relationship for certain characters. So the default would be someting like "Roommate", and you could rewrite it yourself to "Sister" or "Buttslut" if you feel like it. One could also add more inputs for nicknames and stuff which would replace the defaults in dialogue. Just as a thought.

velesk

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
I totally get your apprehension of losing your way of income, but if you ever want to include some content like that again, one clever way I saw some devs step around that issue is to offer the player a text input to write their own relationship for certain characters. So the default would be someting like "Roommate", and you could rewrite it yourself to "Sister" or "Buttslut" if you feel like it. One could also add more inputs for nicknames and stuff which would replace the defaults in dialogue. Just as a thought.
That is actually in my games already. There is a "renaming" window, which is accessible through Alt+C.

snes4life

Oct 12, 2018
So despite the page saying it's complete. The plotline kinda stops and says to wait for the next update. Has this game been abandoned?

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
So despite the page saying it's complete. The plotline kinda stops and says to wait for the next update. Has this game been abandoned?
The main story was completed, then they started working on a postgame, but the postgame had to be abandoned. Maybe there should be a separate tag for games that are still in development after the completion of the main story and/or one or more "routes", and another one for games that are no longer in development despite postgame/side content being incomplete.

velesk

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
During development, the Patreon changed its rules regarding incest so the game could not be longer developed. It was not exactly abandoned, because there was a final update, that tied several quests lines and the final version had all premium content made fully available (which is the plan for all my games - once they are finished, those games will be free without any premium lock).

Reactions: ReShadowDancer

Lilithblackbriar

Oct 19, 2021
I was in the school and I was in dialogue with a girl in the library and I clicked find a bed and she had no problem getting to the bed in the nurse room but my character got stuck walking back and forth inside the doorway of the library and the animation for both the girl and my stuck character went on for 3 in-game hours infinite and I've tried saving and loading but still stuck can't fix help?

fplay8881

Feb 12, 2020
Day 50, took taxi to taylor's house and got a CTD. restarted the game ALL save files corrupted. character stuck, can't move, clicking on npc brings up the selection screen with no option.

is this to be expected? is there anyway to fix the saves or the only option is to deleted the game (no fucking way i am going to regrind all that).

thanks.

Untitled.png

Last edited:

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Day 50, took taxi to taylor's house and got a CTD. restarted the game ALL save files corrupted. character stuck, can't move, clicking on npc brings up the selection screen with no option.

is this to be expected? is there anyway to fix the saves or the only option is to deleted the game (no fucking way i am going to regrind all that).

thanks.
Have you tried reinstalling the game? It seems like the game itself may have become corrupted rather than the save files. Normally, a crash would only affect your active save, if anything.

4.20 star(s) 27 Votes