Tutorial VN Tools And Tips For Visual Novel Beginners

Fade

Oct 21, 2016
This guide will be covering system locale for different versions of windows, and some other useful stuff for playing visual novels.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Fade

Oct 21, 2016
Since sakuradite doesn't want to work, here is a guide on how to machine translate your lovely VNs.

Doc Wobbly

Jul 6, 2017
Alert! Newbie at work...
I'm a complete virgin when it comes to games in general. Don't possess the PC-knowledge and -lingo, either. Don't quite know where to ask the following question, but how do I take a screen shot of a game I'm playing? It's a Renpai game (DMD, to be accurate).
Please, don't digitally rape me, I spend most of my free time with my nose in books...
Thanks in advance for whomever is willing to take the time to answer this (shameful) question.

Alert! Newbie at work...
I'm a complete virgin when it comes to games in general. Don't possess the PC-knowledge and -lingo, either. Don't quite know where to ask the following question, but how do I take a screen shot of a game I'm playing? It's a Renpai game (DMD, to be accurate).
Please, don't digitally rape me, I spend most of my free time with my nose in books...
Thanks in advance for whomever is willing to take the time to answer this (shameful) question.
Welcome to our community, my noobian friend,
We are here to help. There are no stupid questions, although, admittedly there are some meaningless ones. So hush and here's the answer:
When playing the game and you would like to take a screenshot of an image that seems to inspire you in one way or the other, here's what you do: if there's an interface, press H to hide it, then press S to take a screenshot. There will now be a location displayed in the game of said saved screenshot.

Last edited by a moderator:

Doc Wobbly

Jul 6, 2017
Did you just waste 2 posts for that?? Would you like me to merge them for you?
Would you be so kind. I'm sorry. I think I should've edited my own question, which I asked on this thread just a week ago. It seemed like an appropriate thread when I saw the title, to do that. I just found out today how to take a screenshot. And seeing as I'm not alone with that question - a felow patron didn't either, I thought it was appropriate... I totally didn't mean to disturb or annoy anyone. I've wanted to kickstart this thread, for true beginners...
Everyone I encounter here are genial at coding, modding, etc. Even the basic stuff is above my head. I'm not unwilling to learn, though.
To be honest, this a tad coincedental, that you're the one that's commenting on my stupidity, cause I've recently replayed a game and when I saw a screenshot of said game, I immediately thought of you, that was really why I wanted to take one. I kid you not. If you don't mind, I'll try to give you a reward once I know how to 'give' you a screenshot. I guess it's just replying and add the image?

Sardan

Jul 8, 2017
The Sakuradite link in OP post is dead, because VNR is not supported anymore
There is a new version of VNR available (some peoples managed to get the online feature back) but it's really shady, I cant figure out if this new version is legit or an elaborated fraud (Check if you are curious)

Doc Wobbly

Jul 6, 2017
The Sakuradite link in OP post is dead, because VNR is not supported anymore
There is a new version of VNR available (some peoples managed to get the online feature back) but it's really shady, I cant figure out if this new version is legit or an elaborated fraud (Check if you are curious)
Thanks, @Sardan, but when I've tried to click the link, browser and antivirus' alarmbells warned me to not even touch this with a twenty foot pole. ;)
Anyhoo, I'm thankful for the help...

Sardan

Jul 8, 2017
What is the easiest way to translate a japanese VN nowaday? It seem that every way I used in the past wont work anymore (server down, windows 10 incompatibility etc)

Drafox

Jul 27, 2017

P.S: I never opened a thread before, I'm a bit shy to do it (joking) no seriously, if anyone wants to make the thread I don't mind I also don't need credits I do this voluntarily..All credits go to the creators of the tools, see ya.
Hi guys, can someone add this to the main thread? (if you wish of course).
The full post can be found here:

Thanks

lamarks

Feb 9, 2018
gostei! Só estou capturando informações, para me integrar melhor neste fabuloso mundo do jogo. Quem sabe escrever algo para um projeto talvez, eu sei que tenho um longo caminho a percorrer, aprendendo. É ótimo ter um site com tantos professores. obrigado!

holypansony

Dec 23, 2017
Hey im having trouble with Ren py applications. download and extracted but when I attempt to start any of them it will not do anything.... Any tips ?

Nerro

Sep 9, 2017
I use the latest Translation aggregater with Google translate, Yandex and Bing enabled. It gives pretty decent results nowadays. If one translator fails to get all details, other often gets it.