• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Unity Abandoned Too Much Light [v0.5e Max] [Shinekuku]

3.70 star(s) 52 Votes

Frankenjok

Aug 16, 2022
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Innocent Chloe

johnyakuza1

Jun 5, 2022
lol she deleted all her discord chats
All-time classic move. Remove footprint and make it look like the game wasn't just abandoned for several years until now... can't make the new supporters realize how unreliable the development cycle has been in the past... and how untrustworthy she is.

I think the Patreon posts will be gone soon enough. Scam tactics 101.

Reactions: Mihepos

denri2000

Apr 6, 2023
All-time classic move. Remove footprint and make it look like the game wasn't just abandoned for several years until now... can't make the new supporters realize how unreliable the development cycle has been in the past... and how untrustworthy she is.

I think the Patreon posts will be gone soon enough. Scam tactics 101.
This is complete nonsense. Previously, she was silent for six months, and then published an update. Nobody will do anything for free. And you need to pay the provider separately for VPN. And who knows what other problems she had?

ADLE92

Mar 27, 2023
i was about to support her on patron last month. But i did not, because i wanted to the more communications and previews first. To make sure that it is worked on. I still hope there is something coming, but there hasnt been something for a month. so gladly i didnt donate yet

johnyakuza1

Jun 5, 2022
i was about to support her on patron last month. But i did not, because i wanted to the more communications and previews first. To make sure that it is worked on. I still hope there is something coming, but there hasnt been something for a month. so gladly i didnt donate yet
Good move, as a rule, do not trust any adult game developer blindly... particularly the ones that have a terrible track record of updates, communication, lying, and are notorious for going AWOL.

If Shine consistently delivers updates and is dedicated to the game without abandoning it for the next year, I'd consider supporting her but right now? Hell no. You'd only fund her bad behavior by promoting that going radio silent is okay as long as she makes one small update every two years and people are supposed to continually support her in the meantime.

ADLE92

Mar 27, 2023
Good move, as a rule, do not trust any adult game developer blindly... particularly the ones that have a terrible track record of updates, communication, lying, and are notorious for going AWOL.

If Shine consistently delivers updates and is dedicated to the game without abandoning it for the next year, I'd consider supporting her but right now? Hell no. You'd only fund her bad behavior by promoting that going radio silent is okay as long as she makes one small update every two years and people are supposed to continually support her in the meantime.
i feel you. I really like TML, and wish it so see progression. I am willing to support her, as long as communication is there, and regular updates. Just a message popping up after a year, and after that, nothing.. isnt enough for me to spend money on, and hope the best

McAztec

Mar 28, 2021
This is complete nonsense. Previously, she was silent for six months, and then published an update. Nobody will do anything for free. And you need to pay the provider separately for VPN. And who knows what other problems she had?
You're right, nobody will do anything for free, but a corollary to that principle is the fact that people don't generally pay without receiving something in return. Otherwise that's a donation and those don't really work with the "Nobody will do anything for free" argument imo because it implies an exchange. You seem to be forgetting that funding is usually based on progress updates/reports, on deliverables, on objective metrics. On something that you do. Otherwise, what's the basis? What are we funding or paying for?
Of course I acknowledge there may be payment issues, Shine might not be getting this money for a long time yet, but it's still leaving our pockets, we're still paying even if patreon holds it. The promise of future benefits exists both in funding the game (the promise of the game) and in making the game (the promise of the patreon money eventually being paid out).
Let's all be reasonable and hope for the best. When there's a playable update with some content we'll sub again.

Maccafloy

May 20, 2020
im in the same spot as you, waiting for news and updates to support her, but if there is no content, no support. And im really really sad because its by far my favourite game, i supported her in the last years

denri2000

Apr 6, 2023
You're right, nobody will do anything for free, but a corollary to that principle is the fact that people don't generally pay without receiving something in return. Otherwise that's a donation and those don't really work with the "Nobody will do anything for free" argument imo because it implies an exchange. You seem to be forgetting that funding is usually based on progress updates/reports, on deliverables, on objective metrics. On something that you do. Otherwise, what's the basis? What are we funding or paying for?
Of course I acknowledge there may be payment issues, Shine might not be getting this money for a long time yet, but it's still leaving our pockets, we're still paying even if patreon holds it. The promise of future benefits exists both in funding the game (the promise of the game) and in making the game (the promise of the patreon money eventually being paid out).
Let's all be reasonable and hope for the best. When there's a playable update with some content we'll sub again.
I'm of the same opinion. Let's wait and hope for the best. She definitely didn't come back to make fun of us.

Reactions: Maccafloy
3.70 star(s) 52 Votes