3.80 star(s) 9 Votes

rageaholic

Jan 1, 2019
In the usual sense, AI as a tool does not have the ability to make animation. The animation was done by Zylyx in Adobe After Effects.
Whenever I went through the game, it reminded me of this guy who did similar works musically by leveraging other abilities he had(film editing in this video's case).

Reactions: tripa04 and Ostum

Ostum

Nov 25, 2020
Hey man! It was pretty nice game. Can we expect a sequel?
If we talk specifically about Tomboy: Love in Hot Forge, then this is a complete story, its sequel is unlikely. We plan to make another game but with a completely different story and visual style. The rest of the release of new games depends on the support of us at Itch.

Reactions: Anonymous fapper98

Glorified_ignorance

Mar 28, 2019
The animation was done by Zylyx in Adobe After Effects.
Thank you for indirect answer. I figured it was something from adobe. Tho there's tons of tools for that nowadays. Not so much to wait for AI tools for animations honestly. I dislike the fact about AI generated content like majority, it may look lazy. But once you do some research, you figure out its not as easy as people make it look and others think, then you start to like it and appreciate it, it requires alot of time invested, and actual skill. It's a new thing afterall, people should actually spend more time researching it before ditching it's content.

Good luck with other projects, looking forward to them.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Ostum

Hrothgar

Aug 11, 2018
Does anybody know where the girl is from???
The girl looks like Tomo-chan from a four panel manga series and anime: Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko! It's well worth reading/watching if you appreciate tomboys.

More seriously, this little project is a harbinger of a new era in both adult and main stream entertainment. The graphic elements are equal to mid/top tier Koikatsu products already and the extra work put in on the animation is the icing on the cake. I fully expect that within a couple of years half the projects on F95 will include AI components (and mainstream animation will also be in transition).

Anonymous fapper98

Feb 13, 2020
The girl looks like Tomo-chan from a four panel manga series and anime: Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko! It's well worth reading/watching if you appreciate tomboys.

More seriously, this little project is a harbinger of a new era in both adult and main stream entertainment. The graphic elements are equal to mid/top tier Koikatsu products already and the extra work put in on the animation is the icing on the cake. I fully expect that within a couple of years half the projects on F95 will include AI components (and mainstream animation will also be in transition).
1691304934388.png
Thanks for replying mate, But I was asking about this one right here^

Panonon

Game Developer
May 12, 2022
This looks really good for an AI. Must have been a custom or lesser used model since it doesn't look like the other stuff
Most likely photoshops his images too, like I do.

Though I gotta say, I'm impressed by OP's gifs.

Takes me days to make a single gif... Gotta manually edit every single frame.

The animation was done by Zylyx in Adobe After Effects.
Welp, now I've got another tool I need to learn.

Jul 27, 2021
Thank you for indirect answer. I figured it was something from adobe. Tho there's tons of tools for that nowadays. Not so much to wait for AI tools for animations honestly. I dislike the fact about AI generated content like majority, it may look lazy. But once you do some research, you figure out its not as easy as people make it look and others think, then you start to like it and appreciate it, it requires alot of time invested, and actual skill. It's a new thing afterall, people should actually spend more time researching it before ditching it's content.

Good luck with other projects, looking forward to them.
Doesn't help that many AI CG games on here are lazily done, almost anyone can cook but not everyone is a chef. The people that are lazy, just fill in some random tags and use the output directly in their game. Others use a bunch of options in Stable Diffusion for example to improve the output until they achieve the result they want. This can be further enhanced in Adobe Photoshop, After Effects or other options.

In this video you see how a rough sketch can turn into imagery you can use:

Many artists are afraid AI will take away their jobs, but in fact it makes their jobs a lot easier as they can simply draw a rough sketch and have AI fill in the blanks. Like is shown in this video:

Jhoniangel

Nov 3, 2022
View attachment 2824401

Overview:
"I just want to find my place in life. But why is it so difficult?"
"The girl went outside and saw me sitting under her door."
- "You seem to be in trouble. Would you like to come and warm up?"
- "If you allow..."

Tomboy: Love in Hot Forge is a medieval VN about guy who was left on the street without money.
Bridgid is a blacksmith girl who invited you to spend the night at her house.
Find out what difficulties you will face and how your relationship will develop.​

Thread Updated: 2023-08-04
Release Date: 2023-08-03
Developer: Zylyx -
Censored: No
Version: Final
Language: English
Voiced: Moaning
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux: - MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN - WORKUPLOAD

View attachment 2824399 View attachment 2824400 View attachment 2824396 View attachment 2824397 View attachment 2824398
View attachment 2824401

Overview:
"I just want to find my place in life. But why is it so difficult?"
"The girl went outside and saw me sitting under her door."
- "You seem to be in trouble. Would you like to come and warm up?"
- "If you allow..."

Tomboy: Love in Hot Forge is a medieval VN about guy who was left on the street without money.
Bridgid is a blacksmith girl who invited you to spend the night at her house.
Find out what difficulties you will face and how your relationship will develop.​

Thread Updated: 2023-08-04
Release Date: 2023-08-03
Developer: Zylyx -
Censored: No
Version: Final
Language: English
Voiced: Moaning
Genre:

Installation:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux: - MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN - WORKUPLOAD

View attachment 2824399 View attachment 2824400 View attachment 2824396 View attachment 2824397 View attachment 2824398
Can i play it om android?

pyr0w

Feb 19, 2018
But the real question still remains...

Can You draw?
No, the real question is...

Is the AI generation a tool being used by an artist to create something, or a lazy way to pump out content?
Which was answered.

The real issues with generated art are theft and bloat. (in this context. There are WAY more issues in others.)
When used properly, it is an assistive tool that simply allows an artist to do work faster, or to accomplish something that fits their vision but they can't do themselves.
The theft part is still important. Models SHOULD NOT be trained on work without explicit artist consent.

If I sketch some line-art and import it into tools to generate a 3D mesh with it until I'm happy with the model, then I import that mesh into a CNC machine and have it carve the model from wood, Am I a "wood carver"?
No.
Does that mean the wood sculpture isn't art?
Also no.

This dev seems to be using the tool correctly.
You are free to dislike it, just as you are free to dislike black-velvet clown paintings, but don't art-shame someone for not being art-enough.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Glorified_ignorance

Glorified_ignorance

Mar 28, 2019
but don't art-shame someone for not being art-enough.
It wasn't my intention. While I have criticized many developers, I have never engaged in art-shaming anyone here. My first post was related to the conversation below. I appreciate everyone's art, whether it's professional or amateur, equally. Have a good day!

Reactions: pyr0w
3.80 star(s) 9 Votes