for example "
Bastard Girls
" with errors like "0x0000142" ...

(Heeelp me, guys, I work by testing adult games too) :coffee:

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
Telechargement Jeux ?
Maybe the '?' is a character that Ren'py cannot understand?

Edit: also, why the Yen symbol in the second screenshot? Did you change your OS language to Japanese?

Last edited:

WebPatreon

Jan 29, 2018
Yes i change the language,
but before all the games renpy, worked !!

I dont understand why my renpy games dont work since 5 days ... :coffee:

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
Either you rename that folder, "Telechargement Jeux ?", without using special characters (àçéè... or whatever that '?' means), or you change back the language to French.

User #1751331

Oct 30, 2019
The ? "question mark" in the file name used to be DOS's way of deleting a file besides removing it from the directory.
Back then you could search through the drive and look for files with the ? them and restore them.
So always avoid using a ? in anything related to file names. The only exception is in network GET commands. That exception is for the one and only one needed in them.

Switching languages on your PC once it is first chosen is a bad idea. You are vastly better off just buying a second PC to put it on.
It has to do with how unicode utf-8 is structured and works for different languages. In truth you should also avoid using anything other than ASCII characters in directory and file names. It has to do with files accessing them and internet access.
UTF-8 is I guess best described as a formatting method. Unicode is the assignment of position of various languages to utf-8. There are probably better explanations. The video below shows how utf-8 is built.

A lot of programs simply just support ASCII because they are also designed to work with the internet URL system. URLs can only consist of ASCII characters. Any other character has to be described using a hexcode method using ascii. That include characters like space which are %20 hex for the ascii value of a space.

Yes, I left out the entire explanation of why switching is bad. Just think if using non-ascii creates one issue think of the number of issues you pile on that by adding another language beside English and then swapping languages. If you want the long detailed answer sorry, not going to give it hear. It would take to much. Alternately sign up for a CS and EE class that gets into hardware and unix and starts off with ASM as the language.

Reactions: IEstivaly

IEstivaly

Jul 9, 2020
The ? "question mark" in the file name used to be DOS's way of deleting a file besides removing it from the directory.
Back then you could search through the drive and look for files with the ? them and restore them.
So always avoid using a ? in anything related to file names. The only exception is in network GET commands. That exception is for the one and only one needed in them.

Switching languages on your PC once it is first chosen is a bad idea. You are vastly better off just buying a second PC to put it on.
It has to do with how unicode utf-8 is structured and works for different languages. In truth you should also avoid using anything other than ASCII characters in directory and file names. It has to do with files accessing them and internet access.
UTF-8 is I guess best described as a formatting method. Unicode is the assignment of position of various languages to utf-8. There are probably better explanations. The video below shows how utf-8 is built.

A lot of programs simply just support ASCII because they are also designed to work with the internet URL system. URLs can only consist of ASCII characters. Any other character has to be described using a hexcode method using ascii. That include characters like space which are %20 hex for the ascii value of a space.

Yes, I left out the entire explanation of why switching is bad. Just think if using non-ascii creates one issue think of the number of issues you pile on that by adding another language beside English and then swapping languages. If you want the long detailed answer sorry, not going to give it hear. It would take to much. Alternately sign up for a CS and EE class that gets into hardware and unix and starts off with ASM as the language.
It worked for me to change the name of the folder, thanks