VN Tips on writing a story for an adult VN?

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
As much as I would love to create my own adult game, I unfortunately lack both the necessary hardware to make one as well as the money to be able to buy said hardware and the space to put it in. It sucks because I've got a lot of ideas for stories ratting around in my head and I would prefer to bring them to life myself. However, since this isn't possible, I can at least write the stories and then think about setting up a collaboration with others to bring it to life.

I've written short stories before and even tried my hand at scriptwriting, but when it comes to adult VNs, I'm unclear as to what format would be best. I figure that a script style could work well but if there's another way I'd love to hear from some folk who have written adult VNs and games. Also, if you're planning for each update/episode to be a certain length of time, how can you judge that when writing it?

pasunna

Game Developer
Feb 11, 2019
I don't know... if you are already good at writing
why don't you find a way to make money from that
in my country, there are some site and app that can sell erotic novel
so I use that to make money and buy stuff to support my tool to make my game
not sure what in other country is

if you want to create your owns game you need to find a way to do it
indy teaming is hard because everyone got their opinion and way to do game
everyone wants to start with their idea of story not much open mind to follow the other
and... everyone thinks their idea is the best idea
So... if money is the problem then go find it...

bonghits420

Writer and pendejo
Game Developer
Oct 10, 2017
Make sure that you stick to whatever vision you have set, I prefer to write script style,as it's easier for me and my style. I would also recommend, that you learn how to work with ren'py since it's fairly easy to use, and good luck with your writing.

woody554

Jan 20, 2018
I find I'm changing both the text and renders as a reaction to each other, so now I'm doing them both pretty much hand in hand. I was wasting too much time at rewriting and rerendering.

but I'm sure there are as many ways to go about it as there are people, just like with writing.