Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Time For Dragons - Defiler Wings: Deranged Dragon Mod [29-07-2020] [Jman]

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes

Evil Earthworm Jim

Dec 21, 2019
Nah, I'm okay with other people arguing their point of view. I can occasionally even be swayed by it. :cool:

My point was that the game already has most of the functionality you want, although somewhat gated by the quest chain or dragon evolution. For instance, half the point of having cages is that captives can't escape from there. And the idea behind 'girl power' is that if your dragon or lair is too weak to restrain an angel, demon or elf, why should she not look for a way out even when she's terrified? Or especially when she's terrified, for that matter? :p

Edit: I could also disable the ability to 'reload' your way out of escapes, but as a religious reloader myself, I'll pass. I'll just remind you of the lesson from X-Com (not to be confused with XCOM! :sneaky:) : once you let go of the idea that everyone must survive, you'll have a lot more fun.
Oh no that's fine :) problem is I don't go recruiting willie nillie, the only girls I've recruited are ones I want, special to me, not just any old riff raff. I don't know if you'll remember me mentioning before but on my save on the base game (before I lost my laptop) I had about houndred hours easy and the only girls I had where angels, every girl I had I wanted so losing one blitzed my experience of the game. I suppose you could but why would you want to :( I've said that one of your mechanics is undesirable you shouldn't want to include it and the only thing stopping you shouldn't be that it's going to harm your experience haha you shouldn't want to annoy people , your fans :D

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Nothing blocks you from having a pool of highly groomed angel girls and then kidnapping some random peasant wenches to entertain the goblins on top of that. Well, there will be some cell limits in the future, but you can still have dozens of girls in the end.

Edit: You just spend the peasants like any other resource, get some low-quality eggs to terrorise the Kingdom, maybe some nuns for lizardmen to send to the Tribe, a few kept in cages like snacks for when your Rage overflows... You know, act like a dragon. ;)

Edit2: The angels you either keep locked up, or get an angel-proof lair like the Forgotten Temple. Or have lots of guards and traps.

Edit3: Also, remember, these are personal tweaks. I have nothing against you playing the game as you like, or modding it yourself, but the escape mechanic is there to be something that enhances gameplay, namely moving and developing your lair.

Last edited:

Evil Earthworm Jim

Dec 21, 2019
The dragon is a magical creature, he doesn't care about 'safe' days. :D You're not getting a newborn, either, you're getting an egg. So how this all works in detail is pretty unclear, and I'm happy to leave it at that.

Pulling out is basically just ending the 'play' before the final cumshot. You'll 'waste' her virginity that way, though, so don't do it with virgins.

I was also talking about the girls' affection levels. Stockholm syndrome might be a thing, but I don't really know cases of it happening when the abuser is weaker than the abused. Which is what the escaping is all about, elven war maidens running out of a sleeping small dragon's cave that has a couple of goblins as guards and maybe a crappy spike trap.

Edit: The 'dialogue edit' was that I don't really recall much 'devotion' in rape dialogue. From what I can remember, only Danu/Aphrodite have that, and they're special cases outside the scope of that dialogue.
That's fair, however. I'm maxed out and I control the entire kingdom (so where are they going to run too) and again I feel your not addressing the finished product which is what I'm talking about. At the end of the line when you have broken them it shouldn't matter if you're just a brain in a jar, you've broken them they belong to you completely now body and soul, they'd do anything for you I'm not addressing the first ten hours of the game, I'm talking about when I am as maxed as maxed can be. That's also fair (eggs and pregnancy). As for your dialogue point, I'm not talking about your mod I'm talking about the base game. If memory serves you break the girls in that completely, this is what I've been talking about the whole time :) re-including in your mod because I feel the base game did that well. Even if it takes longer to achieve.

Evil Earthworm Jim

Dec 21, 2019
Nothing blocks you from having a pool of highly groomed angel girls and then kidnapping some random peasant wenches to entertain the goblins on top of that. Well, there will be some cell limits in the future, but you can still have dozens of girls in the end.

Edit: You just spend the peasants like any other resource, get some low-quality eggs to terrorise the Kingdom, maybe some nuns for lizardmen to send to the Tribe, a few kept in cages like snacks for when your Rage overflows... You know, act like a dragon. ;)

Edit2: The angels you either keep locked up, or get an angel-proof lair like the Forgotten Temple. Or have lots of guards and traps.

Edit3: Also, remember, these are personal tweaks. I have nothing against you playing the game as you like, or modding it yourself, but the escape mechanic is there to be something that enhances gameplay, namely moving and developing your lair.
Well this is what I'm saying, they'll run away. It doesn't matter how groomed they are. They shouldn't want to run away which is my point. All these countermeasures to this problem is fair to a point. When you've maxed out there affection for you that should be them claimed they should be yours completely, you now own them body and soul, if they are willing to help you destroy their own kin for an enemy they have been tought to hate since birth I feel they shouldn't be so quick to reject you after you've broken them. In the base game once you've corrupted them completely that was it, you owned them. It's already in there, the content. All I was saying is I felt this was one of the things that the base game nailed and wouldn't it be better to re activate this content. To actually re-own your girls again.

Last edited:

Evil Earthworm Jim

Dec 21, 2019
As I've said the points I'm making are. As far as I can remember, in the base game you can corrupt a girl to the point where she is your follower, she loves you. I'm not talking about the dragons attitude towards them I'm talking about how they deal with their situation. You've mentioned that there's not any defiance in the girls attitudes in your mod, fair enough but there's being resigned to your current situation and then there's completely embracing it which is what is portrayed in the base game. The girls not only accept their captivity, it's not captivity for them it's their life, it's the only life they want to know because the dragon now owns them wholey, be you a peasant girl with nothing or a nun in the light of god or a mighty and majestic angel you all fall to the dragon, conquered completely in all things. As I've stated, it's a shame there's no way to be intimate with them now just for the sake of enjoying them, I'm just going to need to keep resetting the death clock which I'm not going to lie is a nuisance and has me a little perturbed when I think about having to do it for huge amounts of girls. Although I feel if the argument is that the dragon is magic, deal with it (when it comes to pregnancy) then why can't the argument be that the dragon is magic and so deal with it :sneaky: he simply magics his juice so it doesn't get them pregnant. It's a slippy two way street. I'm obviously very passionate about the game, I'm obviously very passionate about your mod, these are good things :) I don't make these arguments to upset you or to be combative it's because I care about it, from the first day you posted about this mod I've been supportive. :) All I ask is you think about what I've said because this mod and this game does mean a lot to me and so anything I can do to make it better is important, it's why I am trying to help even if that means being a bloodhound sniffer dog for bugs.

Last edited:

Eliont

Game Developer
Jul 16, 2018
now owns them wholey
Well, my "dragon", is actually high-tier Rimuru-like slime and girls who come in contact with dragon for sufficiently long time become something alike and not their previous race, and complete obedience come with metamorphosis on capped affection.

But "Deranged Dragon" return to actual mage dragon, not htonic slime tentacle horror.

Reactions: syponis and Jman9

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Your dragon can personally catch at most one girl per day, and he's not yet at the point where he can just send out his goons to grab any girl they take a shine to. That's post-invasion. So they run back home, and there are presumably dozens of towns and hundreds of villages, most of which you as a dragon can't be arsed to remember.

Thus, as the message says, he doesn't care and grabs a new toy when he feels like it. Or tightens up security, if he's the hoarder type. :)

When you're maxed, living in a cloud castle protected by dozens of magical traps and draconic minions, no girl is going to run away, ever. At about 200 defense, I think you're safe from almost anyone just taking off, even if they're combat-groomed. Maybe if you really go overboard and have her drain other captives for a few years straight...

As to dialogue, I haven't changed that (besides proofreading), so nothing to re-activate there. I only changed the names of 'affection levels' to be more fear-based and made the 'breaking' a more drawn-out process. But it only really affects your personal interactions with the captives. And even in the base game, the most you get is stuff like this:
  • "[rape.girl.name] stares blankly into the void and does not respond to anything."
  • "[rape.girl.name] looks at the Dragon with a happy smile. Now it does not matter who she was before, what was between them before. [rape.girl.name] in the seventh heaven with happiness and dreams of re-entering!"
  • "At the sight of the Dragon member [rape.girl.name] he continues to pray for mercy. True, somehow unconvincing..."
Basically, it's all lusty, 'heat-of-the-moment' stuff, praying, or being traumatised. Nothing about eternal adoration, 'embracing it' or anything like that.

The 'broken' part was addressed. They get stepped on, or a goblin steals one rib too many. :D

What was changed is not dialogue, but
  • (I hope) There's nothing any more to even vaguely indicate that the girls 'love' the dragon. They're terrified of him. Sometimes enough to do everything they can, but there's always the undercurrent of being rescued or getting a chance to run away. I like captives with a spirit, like a true dragon should. You might want a mind-controlling dragon. :)
  • You have to put in effort to guard your prisoners, not just rely on their goodwill. Which makes cages fully relevant throughout the game, provides incentives to move your lair underwater or into the mountains, getting more guards, etc.
TLDR: There are lots of games where you mind-control or mind-break girls, mostly all too easily. I like it that DW/TfT sort of has them give up on their own when they see that their chances of success are non-existent, and fight back when they aren't. So I reinforced that. YMMV.

Reactions: mordet

Evil Earthworm Jim

Dec 21, 2019
Well, my "dragon", is actually high-tier Rimuru-like slime and girls who come in contact with dragon for sufficiently long time become something alike and not their previous race, and complete obedience come with metamorphosis on capped affection.

But "Deranged Dragon" return to actual mage dragon, not htonic slime tentacle horror.
Ah so they become part of you? or is it you indoctrinate them.

Evil Earthworm Jim

Dec 21, 2019
Your dragon can personally catch at most one girl per day, and he's not yet at the point where he can just send out his goons to grab any girl they take a shine to. That's post-invasion. So they run back home, and there are presumably dozens of towns and hundreds of villages, most of which you as a dragon can't be arsed to remember.

Thus, as the message says, he doesn't care and grabs a new toy when he feels like it. Or tightens up security, if he's the hoarder type. :)

When you're maxed, living in a cloud castle protected by dozens of magical traps and draconic minions, no girl is going to run away, ever. At about 200 defense, I think you're safe from almost anyone just taking off, even if they're combat-groomed. Maybe if you really go overboard and have her drain other captives for a few years straight...

As to dialogue, I haven't changed that (besides proofreading), so nothing to re-activate there. I only changed the names of 'affection levels' to be more fear-based and made the 'breaking' a more drawn-out process. But it only really affects your personal interactions with the captives. And even in the base game, the most you get is stuff like this:
  • "[rape.girl.name] stares blankly into the void and does not respond to anything."
  • "[rape.girl.name] looks at the Dragon with a happy smile. Now it does not matter who she was before, what was between them before. [rape.girl.name] in the seventh heaven with happiness and dreams of re-entering!"
  • "At the sight of the Dragon member [rape.girl.name] he continues to pray for mercy. True, somehow unconvincing..."
Basically, it's all lusty, 'heat-of-the-moment' stuff, praying, or being traumatised. Nothing about eternal adoration, 'embracing it' or anything like that.

The 'broken' part was addressed. They get stepped on, or a goblin steals one rib too many. :D

What was changed is not dialogue, but
  • (I hope) There's nothing any more to even vaguely indicate that the girls 'love' the dragon. They're terrified of him. Sometimes enough to do everything they can, but there's always the undercurrent of being rescued or getting a chance to run away. I like captives with a spirit, like a true dragon should. You might want a mind-controlling dragon. :)
  • You have to put in effort to guard your prisoners, not just rely on their goodwill. Which makes cages fully relevant throughout the game, provides incentives to move your lair underwater or into the mountains, getting more guards, etc.
TLDR: There are lots of games where you mind-control or mind-break girls, mostly all too easily. I like it that DW/TfT sort of has them give up on their own when they see that their chances of success are non-existent, and fight back when they aren't. So I reinforced that. YMMV.
Haha fair enough :) the content I was referring to was in there and you've change it (the affection terminology the dialogue during sex and there attitudes too their situation [ruining away]) although it would seem I was over embellishing it for which I do apologise for:) you explained why and I understand that now. I don't actually want to mind control them, I want to break them I want a reward for all my hard work and that's what this is. As I've mentioned previously I play this game on the hardest difficulty and when I play your mod for real that's what I intend to do from the beginning, I'm very fond of the harder games like jack of nine tails, it's actually what lead me here and is still one of my favorites. :D As it stands however it feels too much like I'm being robbed, what's the point in putting the effort in if it's wasted I really should just use up the girls and waste them. I want to keep them and continue to enjoy the fruits of my labors not have to worry that my fruits have gotten high and wandered off somewhere. When you break your favorite toy it's not a time to be flippant it's upsetting or at the very least inconviant :sneaky: I could just have a titan island (I did before) but considering I had dozens and dozens of girls what your proposing is turning my island into Alcatraz (no clue if that's how it's spelt) prison :ROFLMAO: Do the gremlins actually eat your girls?! that's outrageous, cheeky little bleeders. :LOL:

Last edited:

Evil Earthworm Jim

Dec 21, 2019
Btw, i think if you willing, you can make a thing: altar + tentacle head + a BIG chunk of mana and satiety to brainwash captive.
The more the more powerful she are.
This should not be very hard and will please players like Jim.
Aww man don't please me, if what I'm saying is nonsense then call it BS and move on I want you to change your mind because you agree with my point of views not because you feel you must :D The point I was making was I didn't like the girls running away because I didn't think it made sense but after discussing it I suppose under the current circumstances it does. I'm haggling over degree now. I'm arguing that after a point the girls shouldn't want to run away. This should be your reward. My argument currently is that there's no reward for taming them or perhaps that you can never truly tame them so what's the point, use'em up and let them go. Although this is a tasty idea. Something you could do also, have it so that if you buy dolls they are already like this, it'll be cheaper than creating the girl but the trade off is shes a doll.

Last edited:

Evil Earthworm Jim

Dec 21, 2019
There's something else you could do of course, after all the dragon is magical and has access to all forms and sorts of magic, you could brand them like in jack of nine tails which would mean they are returned to you (easily tracked down) or just can't leave your side, just make it expensive.

Last edited:

Evil Earthworm Jim

Dec 21, 2019
I'd like to admit though, I've thorughly enjoyed our back and fourth, it's nice to have a discussion with a person and be able to disagree with them without having them simply dismissing you because they don't like what you have to say, then again most of my arguments are with five year olds and with someone who often acts as if shes five- I actually looked over my shoulder when I said that, embarrassing. :cautious:

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
About the 'death clock': again, that's exactly what the Breeding Pits and Milking Farms are for, guaranteed safe delivery at the cost of some life power. You only need to send the girls there when they're reaching the end of their term.

About 'free play': I suppose the dragon might want to just play around without impregnating. It's still not really dragon-like, but the dragon is deranged anyway. :p I'll put in an option to block the pregnancy by spending a mana point.

brainwash captive
This should not be very hard
The trouble with this is that the original DW dialogue doesn't really support 'mind-broken' girls, only 'broken' ones. And I'm not insane enough to try rewriting or adding to that.

the dialogue during sex
That's largely untouched. Running away was made more like original DW, with the 'girl power' tweak added.

I want to break them I want a reward for all my hard work and that's what this is.
Your 'hard work' in this case is the lair, not scaring girls. :p I'll put in a 2*dragon.fear modifier as well, so a terrifying dragon will be a bit harder to run away from.

As I've mentioned previously I play this game on the hardest difficulty
Hardest difficulty just inflates enemy stats. I'd rather you played normal, and told me if the opponents are too weak there. The 'hardest' setting is for masochists.

I want to keep them and continue to enjoy the fruits of my labors
You can, you just have to level yourself and your lair up to match your captives. Or put your 'treasures' under lock and key. :D As I said, angels can't run away from the Forgotten Temple, most others from the underwater lairs, etc. If I enabled you to brainwash the girls, that'd all be meaningless. And getting affection up is typically much, much faster than building up a lair.

The Knight can also steal your booty, and (s)he's pretty tough once (s)he's leveled up. And the biggest 'spoilage of fruits' is actually the fact that you can only get the 'best' dragonspawn once per girl. Not a virgin, no big bad monsters for you.

I could just have a titan island (I did before) but considering I had dozens and dozens of girls what your proposing is turning my island into Alcatraz
Cloud castles are already mini-Alcatrazes to begin with, and the only girls who can even attempt to run away from there are demons and angels. So, yes, it's a reward for becoming powerful enough to beat a Titan, and gives you somewhere you can actually hold your Titan girls, i.e. angels. Edit: Anyway, that's what lair-building is all about, protecting your treasures from all sorts of mishaps, from Thieves and Knights to runaways and deadly miscarriages.

Do the gremlins actually eat your girls?!
I don't think so. Goblins, lizardmen, wyvernc, etc, however, might. :p

My argument currently is that there's no reward for taming them or perhaps that you can never truly tame them so what's the point, use'em up and let them go.
There is a reward, it's just not absolute. You'll still get significantly reduced chances of running away, sex without coercion (so you don't accumulate extra Rage and don't damage them), the ability to convert them into Dragon Priestesses. All pretty significant, I'd say.

And 'using them up' is very valid, but not necessary. I'd personally convert the best 'waifus' into minions and bring them with me everywhere, maybe release them back for a little nookie every now and then. But all options are open, they just come with certain costs in addition to benefits.

Something you could do also, have it so that if you buy dolls they are already like this, it'll be cheaper than creating the girl but the trade off is shes a doll.
The homunculi already come with maxed affection, so they're effectively 'broken'. But they're not meant to be a 'cheap' option. That's what the peasant girls in the river are for. :)

About magic: The Dragon is magical, sure, but it's not 'civilised' magic. All this branding etc is something humans do. The Dragon is an apex predator, he does his catching himself, marks his prey for aesthetic reasons, and prevents runaways by being big, scary, clever and prepared. Not by relying on some sort of wimpy goon 'police', who'd get caught by the Free People most of the time, anyway.

The brands would be basically the same thing as building a bunch of traps. Recreating the magic system from DW is a nice idea, but I actually want to play the game sometime in the near future, so not a priority.

Maybe there could be a 'track down escaped girls' option, but given that it'd require quite a bit of work and most girls don't really have a lot of personality to make it truly worthwhile, don't hold your breath.

Edit: You should see what I get up to at the board for my other mod before you compliment me on being sympathetic. :devilish:

Last edited:

Evil Earthworm Jim

Dec 21, 2019
About the 'death clock': again, that's exactly what the Breeding Pits and Milking Farms are for, guaranteed safe delivery at the cost of some life power. You only need to send the girls there when they're reaching the end of their term.

About 'free play': I suppose the dragon might want to just play around without impregnating. It's still not really dragon-like, but the dragon is deranged anyway. :p I'll put in an option to block the pregnancy by spending a mana point.

The trouble with this is that the original DW dialogue doesn't really support 'mind-broken' girls, only 'broken' ones. And I'm not insane enough to try rewriting or adding to that.

That's largely untouched. Running away was made more like original DW, with the 'girl power' tweak added.

Your 'hard work' in this case is the lair, not scaring girls. :p I'll put in a 2*dragon.fear modifier as well, so a terrifying dragon will be a bit harder to run away from.

Hardest difficulty just inflates enemy stats. I'd rather you played normal, and told me if the opponents are too weak there. The 'hardest' setting is for masochists.

You can, you just have to level yourself and your lair up to match your captives. Or put your 'treasures' under lock and key. :D As I said, angels can't run away from the Forgotten Temple, most others from the underwater lairs, etc. If I enabled you to brainwash the girls, that'd all be meaningless. And getting affection up is typically much, much faster than building up a lair.

The Knight can also steal your booty, and (s)he's pretty tough once (s)he's leveled up. And the biggest 'spoilage of fruits' is actually the fact that you can only get the 'best' dragonspawn once per girl. Not a virgin, no big bad monsters for you.

Cloud castles are already mini-Alcatrazes to begin with, and the only girls who can even attempt to run away from there are demons and angels. So, yes, it's a reward for becoming powerful enough to beat a Titan, and gives you somewhere you can actually hold your Titan girls, i.e. angels. Edit: Anyway, that's what lair-building is all about, protecting your treasures from all sorts of mishaps, from Thieves and Knights to runaways and deadly miscarriages.

I don't think so. Goblins, lizardmen, wyvernc, etc, however, might. :p

There is a reward, it's just not absolute. You'll still get significantly reduced chances of running away, sex without coercion (so you don't accumulate extra Rage and don't damage them), the ability to convert them into Dragon Priestesses. All pretty significant, I'd say.

And 'using them up' is very valid, but not necessary. I'd personally convert the best 'waifus' into minions and bring them with me everywhere, maybe release them back for a little nookie every now and then. But all options are open, they just come with certain costs in addition to benefits.

The homunculi already come with maxed affection, so they're effectively 'broken'. But they're not meant to be a 'cheap' option. That's what the peasant girls in the river are for. :)

About magic: The Dragon is magical, sure, but it's not 'civilised' magic. All this branding etc is something humans do. The Dragon is an apex predator, he does his catching himself, marks his prey for aesthetic reasons, and prevents runaways by being big, scary, clever and prepared. Not by relying on some sort of wimpy goon 'police', who'd get caught by the Free People most of the time, anyway.

The brands would be basically the same thing as building a bunch of traps. Recreating the magic system from DW is a nice idea, but I actually want to play the game sometime in the near future, so not a priority.

Maybe there could be a 'track down escaped girls' option, but given that it'd require quite a bit of work and most girls don't really have a lot of personality to make it truly worthwhile, don't hold your breath.

Edit: You should see what I get up to at the board for my other mod before you compliment me on being sympathetic. :devilish:
In regards to what's dragon like, it's a dragon it can be like whatever it wants to be like and anyone tries to tell them otherwise ends up as a happy meal. :D As for the girls running away, as I've mentioned before it's not about prolonged fear it's about the finished product, once she's crossed that line of no return. It's not about the prison I created out of my lair but the prison I've created in their minds, complete dominance. I should be able to leave them in an open field for a day, come back and they're still there, maybe pleasuring themselves :sneaky: I did notice when I captured a floating city it was kitted out like one of those houses on cribs. (y)I want to enjoy my favorites to :) However I can't feel I can enjoy them when I roll the dice each time I take them out to play with them. I'd rather just put them away so they never get lost. If you do make it safe to enjoy them though then it's not a problem. Unfortunately converting them into priestess is less than nothing to me, as I've said I play on the hardest difficulty and I do it alone. The only time I've had any help is when the game for the sake of the story has given me allies and the other two benefits are side effects of increasing there affection towards you, and currently their costs (IMO) vastly out weigh the benefits further more, branding. What is the dragon most likely to do slap a sticker on them so he never has to worry about it again or spend vast amounts of time and resources for the same effect- almost because they can still get away, so it would seem (to me) that I would rather stamp my favorite wifu than letting her just disappear into the ether. As I've said after a point she shouldn't want to run away when she's broken and that would eliminate the issue. You can feel content. You're still putting in the work to get her that way, it feels an awful lot like your raising a child not enjoying the spoils of conquest :sneaky: but you've already explained that this may be technologically more hassle than it's worth so fair enough :) I wouldn't say it was sympathy I was commenting on the fact that you can have some an actual conversion with you without worry that "your feels" are getting your hackles up and your not ignoring me and just waiting for your opportunity to speak. it happens A LOT here. :) Sorry for the late reply, was typing out a sensible response when water started leaking out of the roof, turns out someone decided to help out with the chores by washing the bathroom walls, with the shower head..

Last edited:

Evil Earthworm Jim

Dec 21, 2019
Another example of defiance I've just noticed is in the sex scenes description, at the top of the screen when it's giving you an explanation of how you and her are. Even though shes max "affection" (111) shes still flailing her arms around fighting you and the writing is purple however when you save a girl from the Darkwood even if her affection is (50) the scene reads as her being accepting and ready to take the dragon. The writing is green too. "completely broken and ready for anything" however she still ran away ~~ How do you take them back out of your minions once you've invited them to your side? I can't seem to do it. Something else you could do is, if you don't want the girl getting pregnant, you can take them to the witch to have them "fixed", like a pet owner would do to there dog or something if you want to retain the dragons attitude towards the girls.

Last edited:

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
It's not about the prison I created out of my lair but the prison I've created in their minds, complete dominance.
And I'm saying that such a thing does not exist in RL, nor in Deranged Dragon, for reasons of both gameplay and aesthetics. You can easily change that to your liking, if you want to. You'll just eliminate something like one third of the reason why I implemented the extended lair system in the first place. I'm understandably not very keen on undoing my own work. :(

However I can't feel I can enjoy them when I roll the dice each time I take them out to play with them.
That's just normal dragon paranoia. :p If they don't run away pretty quickly, chances are they won't do it at all.

If you do make it safe to enjoy them though then it's not a problem.
Again, only girls who are too powerful for your lair can run away. A fully terrified peasant lass will be almost guaranteed to never escape.

It is something to encourage you to come out of that ravine, or cave or ruin, and actually settle somewhere nice, instead of waiting until you're leveled enough to skip straight to the endgame lairs.

Unfortunately converting them into priestess is less than nothing to me, as I've said I play on the hardest difficulty and I do it alone.
Then you're losing out on a significant aspect of the game. E.g. a few 50-copper goblin henchmen will make it actually possible to kill stray dogs with a cat-sized dragon. Plus, draining other captives dry is the only meaningful development you can give to your girls, otherwise they just sit there, lay eggs and get fucked. :)

currently their costs (IMO) vastly out weigh the benefits
What costs? Expenses stay the same, the only 'cost' is the opportunity cost of not getting more eggs/milk. Since you don't use minions, and 'non-virgin' eggs are lower-quality anyway, I'm not exactly sure what you mean here.

slap a sticker on them so he never has to worry about it again or spend vast amounts of time and resources for the same effect
For one, lair security works for all girls, both current and future ones. It's a one-time cost, not affected by new acquires or the total number of girls.

For another, the Deranged Dragon does not have permanent mind-affecting magic. And he can't exactly go to the local sheriff and say "Hey, have you seen a girl with a shiny magical dragon brand run through here? That's my property, and I expect an officer of the law to help me catch her!"

almost because they can still get away, so it would seem (to me)
They shouldn't be able to escape a solid lair. Show me your setup+captives and I'll see if the formulas need adjustment.

As I've said after a point she shouldn't want to run away when she's broken and that would eliminate the issue.
A 'broken' girl gets a pretty large reduction in wanting to run away. By wholly 'eliminating this issue', I'd also eliminate other mechanics I happen to like.

You're still putting in the work to get her that way
My point is that a dozen torture sessions isn't comparable to evolving your dragon and building up your lair. Remember, I was attracted to this game because I can customise my lair and dragon, not because I can corrupt girls via magical slime. :p

it feels an awful lot like your raising a child not enjoying the spoils of conquest
But it is. That's exactly the point, conquest is an unstable and precarious state of affairs. Conan wanted to hear the 'lamentations of their women', not their fake moans. :p I'm not really into the whole vore/guro/torture thing, but I definitely prefer (virtually) dominating/tricking spirited women over just brainwashing them into eternal complacency. Lots of historical tyrants were that way as well, and the women could and did take advantage of this.

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes