Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Time For Dragons - Defiler Wings: Deranged Dragon Mod [29-07-2020] [Jman]

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
No. All the plans I have right now are still here.

It would also mean a rather different game if it was to be done properly, and I have no hardon for playing a female dragon.

Askaniz

Mar 10, 2019
Look here. The 'maybe' part was actually implemented, so the Frozen Hatchery can be acquired from Jötuns in either the mountains, by flying around or having some poverty and getting the 'abandoned Ice Citadel' encounter.

Both Jötuns and Efreeti are currently unreasonably rare.

I'm also not entirely sure an Impressive dragon can beat those opponents. Depends on your minions and difficulty level, I suppose.
Thanks for the swift response!

I think I've met Jötuns before. Pretty sure he will 2-3 shot me. Which location is Efreeti at?

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
I think I've met Jötuns before. Pretty sure he will 2-3 shot me.
A single Jötun might be not so bad, but those who still reside in their abodes usually have helpers as well.

You can also get the Frozen Hatchery by finding a Jötun who's just abandoned his home and choosing to look for it instead of fighting. This is a 'poverty' event, so you need enough poverty to have a chance.

On the other hand, if you've already found an Ice Citadel but reatreated, you can always go back to try again.

Which location is Efreeti at?
Inside a volcano, so you need to fly around to find one. It's rather rare, though. They also have... if not more oomph than Jötuns, then at least more powerful minions.

Reactions: Askaniz

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Am I just being stupid, how in the hell do you make mana?
If that's your actual question, by tearing the guts out of your captives. :sneaky:

If the question is instead "how do I regenerate mana?", then the answer is by sleeping after learning how to use magic.

Manke

Aug 7, 2018
Yea progressed to impressive size on easy with no magic and finally did some reading and found out how to finally unlock magic thanks anyway

alceste007

Jul 30, 2019
Humm, I am seeing the game launch straight into a game with a dragon named Big brother. The main menu screen does not seem to want to load as pressing Main Menu under settings brings me back to the big brother dragon game.

Edit: The issue was the game was in debug mode.

Last edited:

krisisk3

Aug 4, 2017
Hey chief your work is amazing, but i kinda wanted the special characters to be "immortal" so i set out to start playing with scripts myself a bit.
Do you have something along the lines of guidelines what to touch to change stats and not to touch in order to not break the game?
and if yes could you post them on the first page(including some console commands if possible), i am fairly sure im not the only one.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Do you have something along the lines of guidelines what to touch to change stats and not to touch in order to not break the game?
If you know what you're doing, you can touch pretty much anything. If you don't, stick with just changing those values displayed in the UI. And use kingdom.mod("[stat]",-x) and dragon.stat("[stat]",x). Some hints here and here.

Or experiment. I don't really think there's a clear-cut line between 'safe' and 'not safe'.

i kinda wanted the special characters to be "immortal"
If you want hints for that, look into Ambjorn187's mod. Or search for instances of "lair.cells.remove()" and "[room].girl=None".

if yes could you post them on the first page(including some console commands if possible), i am fairly sure im not the only one.
I'm not that enthusiastic about breaking my own mod. :cautious: But if you - and possibly others, like WhiteAndSticky, zzczys, Ambjorn187, Lillibilli - put together a list, I'm not averse to linking it in the OP.

krisisk3

Aug 4, 2017
affirm thx for the help.

currently trying to figure out how to stop certain chars from dying of birth.
my experiments are not going so well.
I have changed the "self.added_chance_per_birth" of each type of woman didnt do anything from what i've seen.

Tried to change hp stats as well, did nothing. "self.maxhp = random.randint(20,30) "

Could it be that these changes can only be applied to a new save or did i just do something wrong?

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
currently trying to figure out how to stop certain chars from dying of birth.
The in-game tools for that are the Breeding Pits and Milking Farms. Or just not knocking them up in the first place, if you're attached to your captives.

But a central theme of the game is that you're a (big or not so big) bad dragon who doesn't really care all that much about individual mortal women. :devilish:

Could it be that these changes can only be applied to a new save
Yes. Or rather, they're only applied to fresh captives. For individual girls already in your lair you need to use the console. I suppose you can also cycle through all of them at once if you have a little familiarity with Python and where the captives are stored (lair.cells and [room].girl, usually).

Last edited:

krisisk3

Aug 4, 2017
i am amazed how quick and helpful you are O.O

i'm currently figuring out how to work with the console properly. kind of a difficult topic.

Thanks m8!

Last edited:

krisisk3

Aug 4, 2017
From what i've gathered in order to make "Isabella" a permavirgin i would have to use the command "self.permavirgin = False"
and change "self" to "Isabella" and "false" to "True".

But even when i do that, it doesnt change it, as apparently "name Isabella is not defined".

So i've looked under scripts/define and use "beggar_duchess" and while it shows no error, it doesnt appear to change virginity status.
I am at a bit of an impass here.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
From what i've gathered in order to make "Isabella" a permavirgin i would have to use the command "self.permavirgin = False"
and change "self" to "Isabella" and "false" to "True".
Changing 'self' to 'Isabella' is the complicated bit. There is not default 'Isabella', and 'beggar_duchess' merely refers to her mother's 'talking head'. o_O So there are several ways to go about it.

One is to wait until you actually get Isabella, not touch her at first, and then console 'lair.cells[-1].permavirgin = True'. To make sure it actually is her, try 'lair.cells[-1].name' first.

The other is to find out where she's defined in the event scripts, by looking for 'Isabella', and then adding
Code:
'[reference].permavirgin = True'
at the end of that block, where [reference] is the 'Isabella' object (usually 'girl'). Unfortunately, there are two of these blocks (and possibly more for other characters), which will also spoil those events for you, so it's generally not a very good idea until you've already explored the events - which includes realising that there are such events, or that there are several of them - to your heart's content. But it's probably the 'right' way to do it if you're past caring about that.

Another is to change girl generation by adding this somewhere:
Code:
if self.name == Isabella:
    self.permavirgin = True
This obviously runs into the problem of making all captives named 'Isabella' into permavirgins, although I don't think there are any others right now. A safer way might be
Code:
if self.special_origin and self.special_origin == 'isabella':
    self.permavirgin = True
Which leaves you at the mercy of the dev using a fixed 'special_origin' naming convention. And there isn't one, so if you try to do the same with, say, Ellistrae, it won't work.

Last edited:

krisisk3

Aug 4, 2017
Changing 'self' to 'Isabella' is the complicated bit. There is not default 'Isabella', and 'beggar_duchess' merely refers to her mother's 'talking head'. o_O So there are several ways to go about it.

One is to wait until you actually get Isabella, not touch her at first, and then console 'lair.cells[-1].permavirgin = True'. To make sure it actually is her, try 'lair.cells[-1].name' first.
Holy moly this worked the -1 determines the girl from the bottom bracket of your captives upwards.

Since it works ill use this for now.
How the hell did you figure all this out?! you're amazing man.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Since it works ill use this for now.
This method will also work for a lot of other situations. E.g. ersatz immortality - lair.cells[x].maxhp = 999999. Just don't make her into a minion, it'll break combat.

How the hell did you figure all this out?!
If I didn't know how to manipulate the game's data structures, I'd hardly be in a position to make an extensive mod for it? :sneaky:

Hrada

Apr 18, 2017
A quick question, how do i release minions? I can't seem to find a button for it in the dragons lair.

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes