• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Time For Dragons - Defiler Wings: Deranged Dragon Mod [29-07-2020] [Jman]

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes

Peppa01

Apr 29, 2020
What's the point of guard posts and "lair defense" stat? I've got plenty of guard posts and minions at the lair, but they don't affect fighting with knight. I can fight him only using 4 minions, that are assigned to dragon's party. All the other mobs are chilling somewhere :rolleyes: they can't participate in the battle, and it seems they don't deal damage before like traps.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
What's the point of guard posts...
To increase the power of defending minions.

...and "lair defense" stat?
Subtracted from base captive escape rolls, and a rough indicator of how much raw damage your minions do to the knight's party.

I've got plenty of guard posts and minions at the lair, but they don't affect fighting with knight.
...it seems they don't deal damage before like traps.
Are you sure? Can you post a save? I just tried a starter knight vs 12 goblins in guard posts and they knocked ~1 HP off of him, each. See the screenshots.

All the other mobs are chilling somewhere
They're supposed to pelt him with rocks, or something.

Peppa01

Apr 29, 2020
To increase the power of defending minions.

Subtracted from base captive escape rolls, and a rough indicator of how much raw damage your minions do to the knight's party.

Are you sure? Can you post a save? I just tried a starter knight vs 12 goblins in guard posts and they knocked ~1 HP off of him, each. See the screenshots.

They're supposed to pelt him with rocks, or something.
Ok thanks, i just wasn't sure about mechanics, because the game doesn't tell you what exactly causes damage before battle, it just says smth like "your traps activated, wake up". I frequently changed lairs during early game, so I later got the first knight overpowered with plenty resistances. I had different traps and minions, so it was not obvious, what dealt some damage before battle and what didn't work against him at all.

Your mod is cool, it really expands the game in the right direction. Sometimes it gets too grindy, but overall I liked the game wery much.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Ok thanks, i just wasn't sure about mechanics, because the game doesn't tell you what exactly causes damage before battle, it just says smth like "your traps activated, wake up".
Yeah, the trap message has too much priority. I'll change it so that minions get mentioned where applicable.

it was not obvious, what dealt some damage before battle and what didn't work against him at all.
All minions do physical damage, because they're presumably manning (minioning? :D) some sort of defences, throwing rocks, etc. Trap damage types are relatively clear, but I'll update their descriptions anyway.

Sometimes it gets too grindy, but overall I liked the game wery much.
What can I say, I'm a grinding fetishist. :p

Last edited:

Peppa01

Apr 29, 2020
All minions do physical damage, because they're presumably manning some sort of defences, throwing rocks, etc. Trap damage types are relatively clear, but I'll update their descriptions anyway.
They are not really clear. For example, my knight had "careful: looks for traps first" character and fireproof, coldproof, spike trap evasion abilities.
Does fireproof and coldproof mean that magical traps are ineffective against him at all, or do they deal reduced damage, or maybe they deal normal damage and theese abilities just boost resistances during battle?
Does "spike trap evasion" mean that spike traps are ineffective at all or do they deal reduced damage?
What does "looks for traps first" mean?
Do theese abilities affect only knight, or his whole party?
There is very little in-game information.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
They are not really clear.
I meant damage types. Ice traps do ice, fire traps do fire, spike traps do physical, etc.

For example, my knight had "careful: looks for traps first" character and fireproof, coldproof, spike trap evasion abilities.
The first and the last are actually the same. 'Abilities' are what matters, 'character' is just to indicate which abilities cannot be removed by robbery.

Does fireproof and coldproof mean that magical traps are ineffective against him at all, or do they deal reduced damage, or maybe they deal normal damage and theese abilities just boost resistances during battle?
They boost resistances both in and out of battle. Traps do damage against these resistances.

Does "spike trap evasion" mean that spike traps are ineffective at all or do they deal reduced damage?
The latter.

What does "looks for traps first" mean?
Good point. I'll replace it with "Has learned not to run into spike traps head-first".

Do theese abilities affect only knight, or his whole party?
Only the knight. I don't think there are multi-target effects anywhere in the game.

There is very little in-game information.
Well, it's sort of meant that you discover these things via experimentation. But I could always add some more hints to the right-click help menu. Any suggestions are welcome.

Peppa01

Apr 29, 2020
Worse than the Collector, 1M gold quest and the crafting quest?
All these is ridiculous, honestly. Have you ever tried to beat the game yourself? Amassing gold and minions at that scale require just a ton of repeatable actions that are not challenging, but annoying. As I said, the mod brings many new advantages, but grind is a party pooper.

Last edited:

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Have you ever tried to beat the game yourself?
No, because then there would have been no updates at all. :p I have played a tiny dragon on impossible difficulty for over two years, savescumming like a maniac. I doubt the endgame grind is much worse.

Basically, my idea is that the mod is really not meant to be beatable in a sitting or even a week. It's something I can repeatedly come back to when I feel the need to rampage around, and if I get to click the 'End game' button at some point, that's just a bonus.

Feel free to change the mod to your liking, if you wish. Several people have already done so, and I can give you pointers if you get stuck.

Amassing gold and minions at that scale require just a ton of repeatable actions that are not challenging, but annoying.
Well, from a certain POV the challenge is to create a dragon/lair combination that's optimised for fast-tracking the grind. :sneaky:

EzVio

May 2, 2020
How do you increase infernal seals? Been playing for couple of days but haven't found a mean to raise it and the guide make it sounds really bad if i neglect it.

Also i noticed when "Hunt for farm animals" encounters like sheeps and pigs become rarer and rarer and now i keep encountering cows. Is there some mechanic behind this or it's just my luck went downhill while giving me the middle finger? For the note i keep my infamy below 10 and mobilization below 2 by fleeing combats, if that make any differences.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
How do you increase infernal seals?
Find a lair with a prebuilt altar (the forest temple is probably the earliest of these you can access with relative ease), or learn magic and do enough of Mom's quests to unlock altars. Then catch a virgin and sacrifice her. The purer-blooded, the better.

Is there some mechanic behind this
Yes. All encounters become rarer as you go through them, and then regenerate over time. Using the 'hunt for...' options makes the rarity loss twice as big, so e.g. exclusively hunting sheep or tuna depletes them pretty fast. Note that skipping an encounter also makes it rarer, but much less than actually doing it.

i keep my infamy below 10 and mobilization below 2
Infamy below 10 is slightly riskier than infamy below 5, because now knights have a 5% chance to spawn and start collecting gear instead of 0%. And if you keep mobilization at 0, most fights become easier since nobody is expecting the dragon. :sneaky:

Last edited:

EzVio

May 2, 2020
All encounters become rarer as you go through them, and then regenerate over time. Using the 'hunt for...' options makes the rarity loss twice as big, so e.g. exclusively hunting sheep or tuna depletes them pretty fast. Note that skipping an encounter also makes it rarer, but much less than actually doing it.
Damn, thats cool mechanic. So to improve my chances to get them, i should rotate hunting ground occasionally to let them regenerate.

Infamy below 10 is slightly riskier than infamy below 5, because now knights have a 5% chance to spawn and start collecting gear instead of 0%. And if you keep mobilization at 0, most fights become easier since nobody is expecting the dragon. :sneaky:
Yea, i noticed this too late in the game lol. Before i know it, the knights just start spawning one after the other. This save is basically fucked and i have to move lair every few weeks just to keep them guessing. Will keep this strat in mind when startin the next save file.

camistrie

Mar 6, 2019
I'm trying to grind ifrit/jotun/titan lairs and I haven't gotten any in years. Dragon size is monstrous so I think that's not the issue. When doing the desolation quest I did proc an ifrit lair once. But then I've been deliberately lowering my infamy via unsuccessfully demanding tribute from towns, which leads me to suspect... is it because I've been deliberately keeping my infamy low?

If not, then any strategies to increase proc chance of titan lairs would be appreciated. Nothing else seemed to help, either low or high devastation, flying solo or with a group, as well as exhausting other events so their chances go down...

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
I'm trying to grind ifrit/jotun/titan lairs ... is it because I've been deliberately keeping my infamy low?
No, it's a problem with the current release. These lairs are just incredibly rare.

If not, then any strategies to increase proc chance of titan lairs would be appreciated.
...as well as exhausting other events so their chances go down...
The latter should work somewhat, but it requires you to hit the exact same location repeatedly, and the other events probably regen fully during a monstrous dragon's sleep.

If you get desperate, search the thread for titans and cloud castles. If you can't take the grind any more, just cheat yourself into the encounter.

Edit: But if you have high poverty, fear or mobilisation, all the location-specific encounters become rarer because some 'spots' are taken over by new encounters.

Last edited:

camistrie

Mar 6, 2019
If you get desperate, search the thread for titans and cloud castles. If you can't take the grind any more, just cheat yourself into the encounter.
OK, thank you, I'll do that instead. Don't like cheating but time also doesn't grow on trees.

Also, is there a list of unique/special girls?

So far I have the Alven queen, the dark alva, Princess Marianne, I'm sure there are more, how can I collect them all?

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Also, is there a list of unique/special girls?
Sort of.

So far I have the Alven queen, the dark alva, Princess Marianne, I'm sure there are more, how can I collect them all?
If you missed Isabella while getting Marianne, then you can't. She's on a branch of the Queen storyline not everybody picks. There are two more unique girls you can still get. Well, technically three, but two are mutually exclusive.

camistrie

Mar 6, 2019
Sort of.

If you missed Isabella while getting Marianne, then you can't. She's on a branch of the Queen storyline not everybody picks. There are two more unique girls you can still get. Well, technically three, but two are mutually exclusive.
Welp! I guess I should not have been greedy for that extra handful of gold by talking to the treasurer! So I searched and found how to get Isabella, although I got Marianne but just abducting her from the tavern, lol.

Mind sharing some hints for obtaining

Aleteina, Mialee , and Chtholly?

I heard there's a special girl at the end of the darkwood questline, I'm guessing that's Chtholly?

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes