VN Ren'Py The Way of the Champion [Ch. 1] [KotStorm]

3.70 star(s) 3 Votes

Call of Booty

Mar 21, 2020
More than hundred words just to wake up,put clothes on and have a breakfast. Not promissing. Most of the text and static renders goes for nothing. Hard pass.

KotStorm

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2024
More than hundred words just to wake up,put clothes on and have a breakfast. Not promissing. Most of the text and static renders goes for nothing. Hard pass.
I don't think you played 'till the end, if you give it a chance you'll see that it's not entirely true.

ghosthog

Feb 21, 2019
I do like the models, something a bit different and different shapes. The hair choices seem really old, like 1st or 2nd gen Daz. The mom's especially looks pretty rough. Renders are a bit grainy and flat lighting but not bad, though I'm not sure on the filter/processing--seems to be weirdly saturated?
However, as others have pointed out, there are wasted scenes/story to describe boring stuff, and the walking renders are just horrible. Robots look smoother.

The one sex scene just seems thrown in there with no real buildup and a disposable character.

The English translation, while not terrible, is pretty rough, and most of the attempted humor falls flat. Definitely needs a good English editor/proofreader.

It seems weird, to be talking a lot about Europe but set in the US. Most in the U.S. don't easily travel outside the country except Canada/Mexico. I'd think it might be better set somewhere like Germany or Switzerland maybe so travel between countries is a lot easier and setting might be a little more familiar to the author, but idk, that's a minor point considering everything else. (This might also help to avoid the whole soccer vs football name fighting lol)

KotStorm

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2024
I do like the models, something a bit different and different shapes. The hair choices seem really old, like 1st or 2nd gen Daz. The mom's especially looks pretty rough. Renders are a bit grainy and flat lighting but not bad, though I'm not sure on the filter/processing--seems to be weirdly saturated?
However, as others have pointed out, there are wasted scenes/story to describe boring stuff, and the walking renders are just horrible. Robots look smoother.

The one sex scene just seems thrown in there with no real buildup and a disposable character.

The English translation, while not terrible, is pretty rough, and most of the attempted humor falls flat. Definitely needs a good English editor/proofreader.

It seems weird, to be talking a lot about Europe but set in the US. Most in the U.S. don't easily travel outside the country except Canada/Mexico. I'd think it might be better set somewhere like Germany or Switzerland maybe so travel between countries is a lot easier and setting might be a little more familiar to the author, but idk, that's a minor point considering everything else. (This might also help to avoid the whole soccer vs football name fighting lol)
Thanks for your feedback. I'll change some models hair it's on my mind. Well if you mean by lightning as first 2 days you're right about it however at the 3rd day you might see it's a little better than first 2 day. Probably I'll say this a lot, I'll improve my animation skill. Sex scene might seem as a rushed or might not make sense at first but please understand they didn't met that day, they have a backstory, which is why I added "she isn't stranger either" line. Setting in the US is related to story so it'll make sense to you with a time.

ghosthog

Feb 21, 2019
Probably I'll say this a lot, I'll improve my animation skill. Sex scene might seem as a rushed or might not make sense at first but please understand they didn't met that day, they have a backstory, which is why I added "she isn't stranger either" line.
To be fair, your sex animations were pretty good. I'd honestly remove those walking ones though. As far as the backstory, I think even a few hints leading up to the scene might help. Like he talks about going to see the hot doctor or recalls she was a little flirty the last visit. Something along those lines.

Reactions: KotStorm

KotStorm

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2024
To be fair, your sex animations were pretty good. I'd honestly remove those walking ones though. As far as the backstory, I think even a few hints leading up to the scene might help. Like he talks about going to see the hot doctor or recalls she was a little flirty the last visit. Something along those lines.
Actually I hinted while he was talking with Zoe, but third person point of view might be a better choice.

MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021
Actually I hinted while he was talking with Zoe, but third person point of view might be a better choice.
Hi...congrats on your first RenPy project, I wishing you success in the future.

Also I would like to suggest that you consider taking a look at another dev's first release My Dorm, and see how he wrote his future tags, and how he presented how most of the controversial kinks will handled. (This is VERY important to have this information at the start of a project, and clearly displayed. As this will avoid misinformation, and as well reduce many of the same questions being asked the forms. NOT having this, can create a shit show in the forms, which can hurt your titles potential. )

Also, another important thing to consider...if your giving the player a choice, skipping content means it still happens (mostly disliked in the AVN community), but avoiding content...means it never happens (and it's the favored choice in the AVN community).

Regards.

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
Just got caught up with the Dev, and was an interesting start, that's for sure. Seems to be quite the backstory with the MC and football, or as Americans call it soccer, but really, wouldn't mind seeing more choices in this game. Example, would have liked choices during the volleyball game where making the wrong choice, and the ladies won, that sort of thing. Maybe future updates might have more, who knows, but all and all, was a good story, and looking forward for more. Thank you for this!!!

Direknight

Jul 14, 2017
I understand that this is your first release and you are new to creating renders. Still even the regular shots (not hte animations) look extremly stiff in their posing like we are in robo-land. The arms are in weird stiff angles, the feet appear to be glued flat and the leg movemets look totally unorganic. As it is I feel deeply disconnected with the characters simply by how they are posed in roughly 80 percent of the renders throughout the game. You should really go back and repose, breath life into them and make them appear to be living creatures.

3.70 star(s) 3 Votes