Mod Ren'Py The Tyrant: S A Z Mod [Update 0.9.4b Official][Mod][S A Z]

4.90 star(s) 50 Votes

Knight2416

Jul 16, 2017
From time to time, I've been watching this mod's progress.. Good to see that it's nearly here.. Thanks for all that effort put in this to happen, mr SAZ.. May I ask you a question, made only out of curiosity?.. In case that ingame you let your stepfather move out of the house (or let him commit suicide) and then you get rid of the other gang member (sorry, I don't remember his name) killing him, in fact they reappear after.. May your mod prevent this to happen? Nothing could be done about this?¿
S A Z Did try to do this but only method was to block secnes with these characters appearing so they are gone, but so are some events. So most did not use the option (unless he removed it and i missed it )

Reactions: S A Z

Carpe Stultus

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2018
When he's not working his IRL job, this is how I envision SAZ spending his free time:

50% : doing painstaking work on his amazing mod
50% : politely explaining to people that the mod isn't really designed to work on cellphones, yet earnestly trying to help them anyway.

There really should be a Nobel Prize for erotic video game development.
Nah its more like this:

This is ten percent luck to not lose his mind answering here.
Twenty percent skill doing the mod.
Fifteen percent concentrated power of will to keep working.
Five percent pleasure seeing that people like his mod.
Fifty percent pain to work on the spaghetti code and always write answers to the same questions over and over again.

:sneaky:

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
From time to time, I've been watching this mod's progress.. Good to see that it's nearly here.. Thanks for all that effort put in this to happen, mr SAZ.. May I ask you a question, made only out of curiosity?.. In case that ingame you let your stepfather move out of the house (or let him commit suicide) and then you get rid of the other gang member (sorry, I don't remember his name) killing him, in fact they reappear after.. May your mod prevent this to happen? Nothing could be done about this?¿
Thank you :) I'll elaborate some more on what I've done to try to fix the reappearance below.
Let me see if I understand things right here. The game is actually abandoned but SAZ makes a mod that adds stuff and expands upon the game, and when his 0.94 version releases he will have finished all the updates and SAZ mod will be complete is that it ? Will there be an ending for the game on the 0.94 version of the mod ?
Dgunslinger is correct. :D I'll answer a bit more about that down below as well.
Game has the abandoned tag because of lack of updates, but the developer seems to be working on the game still.

SAZ modifies and add content to the current story in terms of scene variations and extra paths. He may choose to add more content in terms of the continuation of the story, but thats not the plan as far as I know.

Most likely progression will be 0.94 mod gets completed, and then sooner or later the version1.0 will launch and the mod will be updated to include the extra content there.
This is exactly right. I do have some additional content still planned that I'd like to add, such as incorporation of the Patreon Reward images in some manner, I have a few ideas for this. So after this update I will start work on that content, but I will be waiting for Saddog's next releases for major story content updates as he is still working on the game.
S A Z Did try to do this but only method was to block secnes with these characters appearing so they are gone, but so are some events. So most did not use the option (unless he removed it and i missed it )
Knight2416 is also correct. I have tried to make it so any scenes that has these characters at least have a warning on them when they are dead. It lets you know if one or more characters are dead and gives you the option to skip that scene. The main option Saddog has been using in the game when someone dies, is to remove that scene's access. But this mod has always been more about giving the user as much access to the the scenes as possible, or at least more access. So rather than removing access altogether, I opted to give you a warning and the option to view it or not instead. Saddog had this as a temporary measure at first, but I decided to keep it. It is still a work in progress, but most scenes are covered at this point.

Carpe Stultus

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2018
What would be cool would be if the special renders saddog made would also make their way into the game as scenes, but i think that will never happen. It would be too much work for a modder to write it out and make the missing renders to make the scenes make sense and saddog...well i doubt he'll do much anymore as sad as it is.

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
Anything new? The last entry in the changelog is 2 years ago -.-
Hmm ye, just a few hotfix but no new content :(
Hello! :) So we had a while where we had to wait for Saddog's next update release, then I myself also had some IRL issues, still ongoing, that greatly slowed my own development. I posted about these in various posts so that people knew things would be slow going, but I continued development. Some links to those posts can be found in the "Thanks and Future Plans for the Mod!" section in the OP. But I have also been keeping people up to date with my progress under with various posts as I go, the latest one being here. As well as under the "0.9.4b Mod Update Progress Report" section in the OP. I am continuing work on the mod now and approaching the last couple steps before it's ready for release. As I hit those last milestones I'll post updates on the OP and in the thread and release the update when it's complete. And that brings us to where we are now.

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
0.9.4b Mod Update - Development Progress Report:
  • Play through new content - Complete
  • Go through new code and assets - Complete
  • Convert new code to mod format - Complete
  • Convert new scenes to mod versions - Complete
  • Create Twisted versions for Love/Corruption scenes - Complete
  • Convert NTR scenes to full Darker Path versions - Complete
  • Add in any new personally created or Fan-Art content - Complete
  • Playtest Mod - In Progress
Hello again everyone! :) I have completed another milestone. Playtesting has begun in earnest. Things will still be taking a bit of time for that process. Trying to weed out anything I may have missed in my first programming passes. I'll update again when its ready to be released.

As it's been a while since my last update release, I'll go over what to expect when it is released. I usually release a beta version first. As it's almost impossible to catch every possible combination with the playtests, errors can still occur. So expect some to still be present in the first release. So please let me know if you run into any and I'll do my best to release quick hotfixes to address them as I can. Then once we've addressed those issues and reached a stable point, I'll merge the hotfixes into the beta release and create the official release for the 0.9.4b version of the mod. If you are someone that doesn't like to deal with the occasional bug, then it's probably best to wait a little longer for the official release to come out and not jump on the beta release. But usually the beta release doesn't end up having game ending errors, just annoying ones. So hopefully that will be the case with this release as well.

Anyway, I better get back to it. I hope you're all doing well and I will be back. :D

*OP will be updated as well with this progress

Knight2416

Jul 16, 2017
Hello again everyone! :) I have completed another milestone. Playtesting has begun in earnest. Things will still be taking a bit of time for that process. Trying to weed out anything I may have missed in my first programming passes. I'll update again when its ready to be released.

As it's been a while since my last update release, I'll go over what to expect when it is released. I usually release a beta version first. As it's almost impossible to catch every possible combination with the playtests, errors can still occur. So expect some to still be present in the first release. So please let me know if you run into any and I'll do my best to release quick hotfixes to address them as I can. Then once we've addressed those issues and reached a stable point, I'll merge the hotfixes into the beta release and create the official release for the 0.9.4b version of the mod. If you are someone that doesn't like to deal with the occasional bug, then it's probably best to wait a little longer for the official release to come out and not jump on the beta release. But usually the beta release doesn't end up having game ending errors, just annoying ones. So hopefully that will be the case with this release as well.

Anyway, I better get back to it. I hope you're all doing well and I will be back. :D

PLAY TESTERS ASSEMBLE

Dgunslinger

Feb 4, 2021

Love and respect my man...love and respect!

Myersgil

Jun 1, 2020

LET'S F'KING GO!!!!!!

Fluidblack

Aug 24, 2021

I check this forum for updates daily hoping to hear news from SAZ. What a legend!

4.90 star(s) 50 Votes