[The Twist] New Unity Version Breaks Linux?

womb0comb0

Apr 3, 2017
I wanted to ask confirmation from any other Linux users (all 5 of us) that the new version of The Twist.19 is unable to run correctly in wine 3.2?

I've confirmed that v.17, v.18beta2, and v.18f worked fine. However testing the v.18experimental version produced the errors and problems I'm now having in v.19, so I'm assuming it's the transition to the new version of Unity. Debug points to lots of unhandled errors related to d3d11, including no rendering of bodies of most of the characters, and control errors (cant forward text using enter/spacebar, can't pan), and full hangup on dynamic scenes.

Just wanted a second opinion before I finally put this to rest.

r2623699

Nov 8, 2017
@womb0comb0 Install wine >4.2. Download dxvk-bin and install that as well. Everything works just fine after that except that you can't move the camera... I just tested 0.30 Final.

Reactions: womb0comb0

womb0comb0

Apr 3, 2017
yep the camera is a bummer. almost softlocks the game making you unable to get to your computer, events like the beach, etc. still tho, progress. maybe best to bite this bullet and just run it in your windows vm or dual boot