Cheat Mod Unity The Twist - CheatMenuPlugin [v1.0.6] [dsconstructor]

Velsomnia

Jul 29, 2017
Isnt this mod pointless now? Theres a built in cheat in the game already that you can access by standing in the hall and pressing C and H at the same time.

dsconstructor

Modder
Sep 26, 2017
Isnt this mod pointless now? Theres a built in cheat in the game already that you can access by standing in the hall and pressing C and H at the same time.
It depends, the features this mod has are not included in the default cheats, but not everyone might have a need for them.

• Red Heart
Reactions: rockaducka

PiggleHumpsy

Sep 13, 2017
do you have to progress to a certain point for the cheat menu to work? it pops up in the corner in the title screen but cannot get it to work in game?

Reactions: Pumpkin1984

dsconstructor

Modder
Sep 26, 2017
do you have to progress to a certain point for the cheat menu to work? it pops up in the corner in the title screen but cannot get it to work in game?
You should be able to hit the hotkey at any time, you might need to hold the FN key on certain systems or shift when using apps that intercept the function keys.

dagingee

Oct 13, 2020
I can't get this mod to work, doesn't pop up when I press F9 or shift F9 or any of the F keys

dsconstructor

Modder
Sep 26, 2017
I can't get this mod to work, doesn't pop up when I press F9 or shift F9 or any of the F keys
Are you getting the loaded notification when launching the game?, if not it's not installed correctly.
Some apps are known to intercept the function keys, but you should also be able to rebind the menu:
in: ".\BepInEx\config.ini"
change "CheatMenu=F9" to "CheatMenu=G" or whatever you want to bind it to.

dagingee

Oct 13, 2020
Not getting the notification when launching either. And yes I have followed the instructions. Also tried both versions (1.0.6 and 1.0.7)
Extracted to the root directory of the game.

Also checked the config file, and it does not have a "CheatMenu=F9" line at all.

What the config in the download says for me atleast is:
[BepInEx]
console=false
console-shiftjis=false
preloader-logconsole=false
logger-displayed-levels=Info
chainloader-log-unity-messages=false

[Preloader]
entrypoint-assembly=UnityEngine.CoreModule.dll
entrypoint-type=Application
entrypoint-method=.cctor
dump-assemblies=false

Last edited:

dsconstructor

Modder
Sep 26, 2017
Not getting the notification when launching either. And yes I have followed the instructions. Also tried both versions (1.0.6 and 1.0.7)
Extracted to the root directory of the game.

Also checked the config file, and it does not have a "CheatMenu=F9" line at all.

What the config in the download says for me atleast is:
I generates the mod config on first load, no loaded message means it's apparently not being loaded.
I've tested it with the most recent build "[v0.52 Beta Cracked]" and had no issues, so it's not that.

Can you check if the folder structure matches the "extract_instructions.png" example that is included in the mod?
Also i would suggest using the 1.0.6 version of this mod if you don't intend on using XTranslator or additional mods that require BepInEx5x.
There is a way to enable BepInEx debug logging so you can see what is going on, but i suspect the folder structure isn't quite right which is why it isnt being loaded.

Nyanta

Aug 1, 2017
Can this mod trigger a certain event or spawn a specific character to a specific location? If it can, how?

dsconstructor

Modder
Sep 26, 2017
Can this mod trigger a certain event or spawn a specific character to a specific location? If it can, how?
Not in a very straight forward/obvious way, all events are tied to story/quest progression in complex ways and the game does random rolls to decide who is where in certain instances.
This mod does allows you to dump the game logic to know what variables/state is required to trigger certain scenes.
And you can change the progression with this mod, and even decide the outcome of random rolls but it requires knowledge and insight into the game, and in extension programming

TLDR:
The mod does allow you to dump the game logic which can be used to reliably trigger events by changing the gamestate, but this requires prior experience with programming or the tech-savvyness to learn that.

Reactions: Nyanta

Nyanta

Aug 1, 2017
TLDR:
The mod does allow you to dump the game logic which can be used to reliably trigger events by changing the gamestate, but this requires prior experience with programming or the tech-savvyness to learn that.
Ahh.. ok.. I thought the mod can change the 'randomness' or safely spawning a character with simple 'only one click feature', But nevertheless the other features really2 helpful instead of having to go to hallway everytime. NICE JOB(y)(y)

Last edited:

tieubao81

Feb 23, 2021
Not in a very straight forward/obvious way, all events are tied to story/quest progression in complex ways and the game does random rolls to decide who is where in certain instances.
This mod does allows you to dump the game logic to know what variables/state is required to trigger certain scenes.
And you can change the progression with this mod, and even decide the outcome of random rolls but it requires knowledge and insight into the game, and in extension programming

TLDR:
Does your Mod work for MacOS? e.g. simply dragging the files your TheTwisMAC.app/Content/MacOS ?

dsconstructor

Modder
Sep 26, 2017
Does your Mod work for MacOS? e.g. simply dragging the files your TheTwisMAC.app/Content/MacOS ?
I do not own a machine that runs on MacOS so i can't test or validate that it works, the plugin framework i use "BepInEx" lists it as compatible with macos though.
Install instructions:
BepInEx 5x for MacOS:
And you'll need to copy over the plugin dll from CMP1.0.7: "BepInEx\plugins\CheatMenu.dll" located here

synion

Aug 19, 2017
I do not own a machine that runs on MacOS so i can't test or validate that it works, the plugin framework i use "BepInEx" lists it as compatible with macos though.
Install instructions:
BepInEx 5x for MacOS:
And you'll need to copy over the plugin dll from CMP1.0.7: "BepInEx\plugins\CheatMenu.dll" located here
Just follow instruction move TheTwistMAC.app to BepInEx_unix_5.4.21.0 and after run script move
CheatMenu.dll to BepInEx_unix_5.4.21.0/BepInEx/plugins folder.
Tested and works (y)