Archived The Twist [any version] : Save Editor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finsit

Harder Better Faster Cheater
Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
I don't want to pay for what I can do better myself.

It's not free since you cannot edit as many saves as you want as fast as you want.

Reactions: AngelOfDeath

Shine101

Sep 18, 2017
Does someone know which flag the lesbian scene with Julia and the mother is? I'm not able to trigger it although I'm trying everything they said in the own topic.

Reactions: Belthamel

Darkster

Sep 4, 2017
Hi, after the "bugfix" of 0.14 The Editor do not work anymore. Moreover, for me the config fix delte my save... damn :(

Finsit

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
I tested with the v0.14a it seems to work fine, I had no issue at all.

Can you give me a procedure to replicate the issue ?

Darkster

Sep 4, 2017
I did used the old saves in the v0.14a - at first I was ok. I wanna check something trough and I get error msg during loading of the save game. I applied the config "fix" and the save loaded, however during save I get error msg again and that erase all data from save, make it unreadable - also during the loading screen when i choose option Load game - there was noting, probably do to the erased save... :( damn

iAnimeDeath

Feb 3, 2017
This is the error I get. And this is from a new game from 0.14a Version of the Twist. This is saved right after you talk to Billy at school the first day before leaving your room. After the tutorial.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Finsit

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
Did you tried to open a savefile from a newer version with the editor next to the older one ?

Edit: Nevermind just saw the location of the editor in the trace.

Then please read the OP

iAnimeDeath

Feb 3, 2017
Did you tried to open a savefile from a newer version with the editor next to the older one ?
I don't have older save. As I said this is from new save in 0.14a and in slot 1. I am redoing my game. And I downloaded this a few days ago I believe. Unless you updated it.

This is the file name of the save editor I am using:
30839_TheTwistSaveEditor_4.13.6464.24845.zip

Finsit

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
Code:
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/markm/Downloads/TheTwistSaveEditor.exe
You tried to launch it from you download folder.

That mean someone didn't read the "Installation" part ;).

iAnimeDeath

Feb 3, 2017
Code:
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/markm/Downloads/TheTwistSaveEditor.exe
You tried to launch it from you download folder.

That mean someone didn't read the "Installation" part ;).
OH? Is it supposed to be in the physical location of the Save file? I thought it automatically went to that location to load the save to edit it.

"Installation
Extract the save editor next to the game executable."

^ Yup I missed that part. Sorry I will try again. :D Sorry about that.

iAnimeDeath

Feb 3, 2017
OH? Is it supposed to be in the physical location of the Save file? I thought it automatically went to that location to load the save to edit it.

"Installation
Extract the save editor next to the game executable."

^ Yup I missed that part. Sorry I will try again. :D Sorry about that.
Yeah it works after moving the file to correct location. Sorry about that I did not see that at all. :)

KrissV

Sep 24, 2017
hi,
Is there a way to know what each of the key corresponds to ? Im getting slightly confused trying to figure out what is what

Finsit

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
I wouldn't mind add information tooltips when you hover on the cells, but I don't know what to put in them.

So unless someone share their findings I cannot help that much.

I might add a way to convert save to an other version of the game if I don't untangle myself in the code (it's pretty messy stuff to play around with cross serialization).

suphion

Jul 13, 2017
for those that can not use the tool, you can cheat at runtime.
Just go to the city map, and get ready to go into your home (but do not do it yet)
Ope regedit and search for the path HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\KsTgames\The Twist
now over there change any value as you like (beware that they are mostly hex)
and as soon as you change the value, go to your home in game.
This worked for me since the old versions.

Reactions: Blood72 and Cirro84

Cirro84

Resident Evil-doer, part-time Candyman
Dec 24, 2016
I wouldn't mind add information tooltips when you hover on the cells, but I don't know what to put in them. ...
If you don't mind: maybe an extra window which displays such info, more or less a txt file parsed and displayed? something like 'value = variable; explanation', as a listing.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

for those that can not use the tool, you can cheat at runtime. ...
Yep, it's mentioned in the main thread too, but thank you. May be helpfull to some here as it's a fast way to manipulate some values. :) Didn't know it still works, almost forgot about it. Get a first like I say.

Last edited:
Reactions: djuhi and suphion
Status
Not open for further replies.