VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Toymaster [v0.1] [Runey - Lain]

ZAJL

Dec 15, 2018
I'm not going to talk about something I don't know much about, maybe you can find something about it in the forum, or just ask one of them.
That's so freaking troll, you say what looks to be the start of a good project between people who (at least as far as I know) have interacted well with each other, say they had a massive falling out, then say you're not a liberty to elaborate.

can you at least give us a hint to what you think happened?

Reactions: Red Sand and splamo

ZAJL

Dec 15, 2018
Other than that

Day 1 is promising, the main character, although strikingly bad at elaborating on things, does come off as sincere, and Lia plays the part great as well, it's a well-written first day with really good hooks for future events. I would love to see how it plays out.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
That's so freaking troll, you say what looks to be the start of a good project between people who (at least as far as I know) have interacted well with each other, say they had a massive falling out, then say you're not a liberty to elaborate.

can you at least give us a hint to what you think happened?
How is that a troll?

They had a falling out, what happened between them is nothing to do with you, you've got all the info you need.

ZAJL

Dec 15, 2018
How is that a troll?

They had a falling out, what happened between them is nothing to do with you, you've got all the info you need.
it's troll because they hinted at something major to the point that they think his game will never be worked on again due to them being on not speaking terms,
then basically saying "Source: dude trust me"

I will admit my wording was really bad, I wanted to know what happened because I wanted to know how severe the falling out was, what happens in their personal lives is not my business and I'm sorry it came off that way.

I love Runey's games and Lain's mod guides and this game was a dream come true with a fantastic start, then it comes out that it was a tease and it's not going to continue, I know I shouldn't pry, but I still want to how badly it will affect their projects, this is on hold, but will Lain's mod for Harem Hotel stop being updated too? it's not my business but I want to know how it will affect their projects.

Reactions: Red Sand

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
it's troll because they hinted at something major to the point that they think his game will never be worked on again due to them being on not speaking terms,
then basically saying "Source: dude trust me"

I will admit my wording was really bad, I wanted to know what happened because I wanted to know how severe the falling out was, what happens in their personal lives is not my business and I'm sorry it came off that way.

I love Runey's games and Lain's mod guides and this game was a dream come true with a fantastic start, then it comes out that it was a tease and it's not going to continue, I know I shouldn't pry, but I still want to how badly it will affect their projects, this is on hold, but will Lain's mod for Harem Hotel stop being updated too? it's not my business but I want to know how it will affect their projects.
You're kind of reading whatever you want here, I said I'm not going to talk about other peoples problems when I don't even know the full story.
I said all I can say, and that's 1. that it's highly unlikely this game will ever see an update (unless runey decides to make it himself), and 2. I doubt that both of them will ever work together again. If you don't want to believe it, then that's your decision, but just a simple look at the date this games was posted, would tell you that it's two years next month with not a single update.
Again, all I can tell you is: go ask the people involved if you want to know more, or if there's ever going to be an update.

Powerack

Jul 13, 2020
Saying without thinking: Two years without any update? It's simply abandoned, isn't it? I hoped for update at least once per six months, but still nothing.

Powerack

Jul 13, 2020
Three years without ANY update (still version 0.1 and no word about update) and they didn't tag it as abandoned? I know better games that have been tagged much sooner... This is just joke, right? Maim Lain have patreon page "under review" and Runey is working just on Harem Hotel. These informations in game description are outdated.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Three years without ANY update (still version 0.1 and no word about update) and they didn't tag it as abandoned? I know better games that have been tagged much sooner... This is just joke, right? Maim Lain have patreon page "under review" and Runey is working just on Harem Hotel. These informations in game description are outdated.
It's been tagged on hold, means it will be on hold until the devs decide to work on it.

Could be next year, could be 10 years from now, devs choice to put it on hold.

antiv

Aug 17, 2018
Runey made the OG VN, lain turned it into a interactable VN, no more updates because its not even part of HH canon