• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
3.20 star(s) 29 Votes

Rannulf

May 15, 2020
just find any blank transparent png, (re)name it as "window_icon" and place it into GAME/game/gui/
or unrar the attached image and put it in the same place.
thats the thing it already has something in the actual gui folder named that thats why i was confused like i said probably something on my part not sure what about renpy broke. Screenshot 2024-05-03 101430.png

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
thats the thing it already has something in the actual gui folder named that thats why i was confused like i said probably something on my part not sure what about renpy broke. View attachment 3599202
hmm, strange indeed.
if you dont have similar problems with other renpy games or didnt have with the same game in the past, perhaps check image formats (png) for eventual problems loading those.
also you could try and change format of that particular image (to jpg for example), adjusting related scripts.

Rannulf

May 15, 2020
hmm, strange indeed.
if you dont have similar problems with other renpy games or didnt have with the same game in the past, perhaps check image formats (png) for eventual problems loading those.
also you could try and change format of that particular image (to jpg for example), adjusting related scripts.
so i found out my problem a real dumb one at that apparently my antivirus protection was stopping those programs from running correctly it wanted my permission for them to read the script which was dumb so i just ran the programs as admin and they worked

EZ8lt

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2019
I just hope his next game will be as good as Haley.
I heavily doubt it. Haley was a once of a type game so far from the Ptolemy, LB, Vit trio. It was a slow starting one, but it had very strong foundations, writing seemed to gradually devolve though, and the ending was obviously ran out of steam. Monologoues almost became one liners, the story was just floating around, render quality did not seem to improve by that much, and TOTB seemed to start from the level Haley ended, maybe expect the humour part, which pretty much is the only strong suit it still has. Also for some weird reason, animations are beginning with a massive lag in games from these three, and only them (I believe it's Ptolemy that makes the animations but I could be wrong, I left the community years ago). If you expect something Haley like again, don't. Alexandra had some interesting conceptions that went nowhere eventually, that other game (can't remember the title with the daughter) seems to be in a never ending loop, TOTB felt like it never even really began and ended like that. The only interesting one out of the bunch is Rebirth because of the World of Darkness concept itw as built upon, but it shows the signs of being plagued by the same things for a while now as the rest of the games (I'm looking at you latest updates with Calisto).

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
I just hope his next game will be as good as Haley.
I heavily doubt it. Haley was a once of a type game so far from the Ptolemy, LB, Vit trio. It was a slow starting one, but it had very strong foundations, writing seemed to gradually devolve though, and the ending was obviously ran out of steam. Monologoues almost became one liners, the story was just floating around, render quality did not seem to improve by that much, and TOTB seemed to start from the level Haley ended, maybe expect the humour part, which pretty much is the only strong suit it still has. Also for some weird reason, animations are beginning with a massive lag in games from these three, and only them (I believe it's Ptolemy that makes the animations but I could be wrong, I left the community years ago). If you expect something Haley like again, don't. Alexandra had some interesting conceptions that went nowhere eventually, that other game (can't remember the title with the daughter) seems to be in a never ending loop, TOTB felt like it never even really began and ended like that. The only interesting one out of the bunch is Rebirth because of the World of Darkness concept itw as built upon, but it shows the signs of being plagued by the same things for a while now as the rest of the games (I'm looking at you latest updates with Calisto).
I'm not so sure there will be a 'next game' from Viitgames. On Patreon, Viit has expressed reservations about doing another game. There have been no hints or previews about anything to come. The brand hasn't done so well with this game, which might discourage him from moving forward. Viit might just continue to work with his partners on other brands (Ptolemy, Likes Blondes), but this might be the last game we get from Viitgames.

We should find out soon enough. Viit has promised to do bug fixes. As he does that, he will probably tell us what his future plans are.

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
I'm not so sure there will be a 'next game' from Viitgames. On Patreon, Viit has expressed reservations about doing another game. There have been no hints or previews about anything to come. The brand hasn't done so well with this game, which might discourage him from moving forward. Viit might just continue to work with his partners on other brands (Ptolemy, Likes Blondes), but this might be the last game we get from Viitgames.

We should find out soon enough. Viit has promised to do bug fixes. As he does that, he will probably tell us what his future plans are.
That's sad. He proven that he can write a good story and that's the most important thing for me in an AVN. And his rate of updates, just perfect. Renders wasn't top, but if we take into consideration the development speed, they were great. Yes I think his first game was better, but this game wasn't bad or anything, just different. I enjoyed Belle very much, brat was a great character. Very close to Haley. I wish him all the best, it's his decision on the end. I hope he reconsider his decision one more time. He's a great writer and it would be shame to lose him.

Reactions: Walter Victor

Estius

Mar 16, 2023

I think the problem was this story was it's too much like a daytime soap. I mean, it's not bad, but it's not great either. He should think about doing something in the fantasy genre. Can't go wrong there and can be as creative and wacky as you want. heh

Just no impotent vampire MC's. That's like expecting to drive a Ferrari but you end up in a Ford Pinto :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Reactions: Nulldev

vs2011xyz

May 18, 2021
The Taming of the Brat [v1] [Viitgames] - Compressed

Use at your own risk.

Win/Linux [574 MB]
- MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN - WORKUPLOAD

Mac [575 MB]
- MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN - WORKUPLOAD

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I sometimes don't test my compressions if I have to much to do.
Thanks

EchoFoxtrot

"Wholesome Violence or Violently Wholesome"
Game Developer
Sep 5, 2018
Hmm. I think the brat wound up taming Elena AND the MC. :ROFLMAO:

As for the ending, to me it could hardly have been better.

Now lets see if they can fix the multitude of bugs.
MC does need to get untamed a bit but the brat will do that naturally.

Elenas reaction was pretty funny

Reactions: Walter Victor

Estius

Mar 16, 2023
I got the brat tamed (I guess lol) a very cute ending.
I have enjoyed the ride immensely!
She's a fun character. Would definitely like to see her in another VN. She'd be a great character in a setting in something like the movie 'Girl, Interrupted'. MC part of the security staff or something. My only issue with this VN was it was too... I dunno, soapy? It was a bit tame as well, not much really going on. I did enjoy it though, especially her silly character.

EchoFoxtrot

"Wholesome Violence or Violently Wholesome"
Game Developer
Sep 5, 2018
She's a fun character. Would definitely like to see her in another VN. She'd be a great character in a setting in something like the movie 'Girl, Interrupted'. MC part of the security staff or something. My only issue with this VN was it was too... I dunno, soapy? It was a bit tame as well, not much really going on. I did enjoy it though, especially her silly character.
More often than not I prefer an AVN that keeps its focus. She is at the center of it, even in the title. Sure, she has to carry the plot more but she's a good character and for me it worked. I didn't need unnecessary drama.

Estius

Mar 16, 2023
More often than not I prefer an AVN that keeps its focus. She is at the center of it, even in the title. Sure, she has to carry the plot more but she's a good character and for me it worked. I didn't need unnecessary drama.
Sure, but the slice of life VN's don't really do too well in terms of paid members. Mainly because without exceptionally good characters they can be a bit boring. Which makes them very much niche.

Scarpia

Jan 12, 2020
View attachment 1559068

=============================
May. 3, 2024:
Updated the Mod for the new game version v1
=============================

Download Mod v1.0AudioWT (~52MB)
with music/walkthrough/cheat/replay
WorkUpload -

Download Mod v1.0WT (~1MB)
with walkthrough/cheat/replay
WorkUpload -

Android port from the game compressed
with integrated Mod v1.0AudioWT (~540MB)
Workupload -
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Some ingame pics of the Mod:
View attachment 2124428 View attachment 2124429 View attachment 2124430 View attachment 2124431 View attachment 2124432 View attachment 2124433 View attachment 2254089 View attachment 2254090
Why do we get dream of x or y or both just in the replay and not in the game itself? Or is there a way to activate this?

3.20 star(s) 29 Votes