VN Ren'Py The Sinful City Fight For Love [v0.25] [Peacemaker]

4.40 star(s) 11 Votes

BubbaRiley47

Apr 16, 2021
Reactions: MadCore and VOYEUR

Peacemaker93

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2023
Thanks, yeah I edited my post because I did see these fixes but my issue was more how does a dev release a game where you clearly can not read the text on a large percentage of pages.
Bro nobody on my patreon complained about it and I myself don’t have problem on my screen. It’s in nobody interest to couse problem so I apologize if I did for you. It will be fixed in next update, alternative to this is fix provided.

m0us3r

Nov 28, 2020
Thanks, yeah I edited my post because I did see these fixes but my issue was more how does a dev release a game where you clearly can not read the text on a large percentage of pages.
It's obvious that without testing on different computers you overlook many other variants that people use.
I for example almost always use my own "modding" that turns off quick menu and increases font, removing textbox and adding outlines. So when others complain about readability, I don't even notice...

m0us3r

Nov 28, 2020
It would be great if we could name the saves... Thanks in advance...
But it should be optional, without a need to click or press "Enter" extra time. There are mods for optional naming saves somewhere on this site I think...

Reactions: Mihawk_80

reaperdave

Jan 5, 2018
Text real difficult to read feel like need to change it or make it larger. The white outline really doesn't help with being able to read it either in my opinion makes it more difficult. Using the sav2.rpy that been posted makes it much better although the text seems a bit out of place a lot of the time.(setting the linw spacing to max improves it though)

Last edited:

swelldude

Feb 7, 2020
This game has so many flashbacks, flash-forwards and flash-sideways that I am getting whiplash.

The font is horrid and you can't see it against bright backgrounds, either increase the textbox opacity or make it a solid black font with thin white outline.

braiden

Oct 2, 2017
Text is so hard to read, not that anyone reads these VNs /s, a font would be great. Also a lot of white text on white backgrounds.

Reactions: VOYEUR

verdun01

Oct 6, 2017
As already mentioned the font needs changing. Also images are to dark especially the scenes with naomi.

Good game though if a bit to much dialogue.

Reactions: VOYEUR

hermesh

Feb 1, 2022
This game has so many flashbacks, flash-forwards and flash-sideways that I am getting whiplash.

The font is horrid and you can't see it against bright backgrounds, either increase the textbox opacity or make it a solid black font with thin white outline.
There is a fix for that earlier in the thread (both to change font & also background opacity:
https://f95zone.to/threads/the-sinful-city-fight-for-love-v0-175-peacemaker.182374/post-13023829
Dev already said he will implement those changes in the next release.

I like the flashbacks. Currently a bit much (more flashback time than current time), but its at the character introduction stage and they are interesting with actual decisions (not just small kinetic interludes like in most other flashbacks)

Serenity@Blended Imagery

Nov 17, 2022
I don’t have a problem with a game size, if game gives me pleasure. It’s 2024 and everyone can download it in couple of minutes.
You might be lucky but there are some people with limited internet connections or speed or amount they can download... Not all the worlds is equal... A lot of people forget that fact...

But my issue is storing it as once I download it I keep a game so I can look back later at what the did for 3-4 updates... So if each up date is 7.7 x 4 = 30.8 gigs... Like WTF... Although there are 4 VN I know the current update for them are around 30 gig each alone, but they are HTML games with lots of videos :(... So only keep the current versions... I hate redownloading something I already got before! Especially large games or free daz content which I find the G9 products very blotted and keep away from them for now. I currently have 3 x 12 TB drives as storage and they almost full of all the stuff I've down loaded. As I keep things backed up 3 times ad I've had drive fail way to many times and learnt the hard way.... So only 12 TB worth of stuff really..

Reactions: WolferQT

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
It’s needed as introduction to some characters that will soon be in the game. And because Mc have some life defining choices in the past I use this as a tool to bring some emotional weight. I will soon laid out the plan for a game so future fans and supporters could get a bigger picture. Would that help?
Just to be clear and so there's no misunderstanding, my original comment is simply purely based on my personal preference that I'm not a fan of lengthy and/or constant flashback in general even in other format such as traditional video games, tv shows, movies, books, etc because I feel that it breaks the flow too much.

I appreciate that you consider the flashback needed as introduction and not just to insert sexy scenes as I originally thought though. I'll look forward to see whether the flow will be better in the future.

Psymind

Jun 16, 2018
Hey Dev!

This is some feedback after playing some more today. I really like the characters visuals, every girl is very good looking and even MC is very handsome and unique. I also see that you're super good at making great expressions that manage to convey feelings well! Very few devs even care about that, I see a bunch of games where eyebrows barely move. 10/10

There is this one sequence of scenes that I think could be improved with a bit of reordering of events and rewriting. I'll try to explain as best as I can but it might be a bit long, but rest assured it's not criticism, I just feel like it could be improved. Anyway lets get to it.
PS: english is not my first language, if reading feels clunky then that's the reason, sorry.

The part I'm talking about is that long scene between the girls in their apartment at night. The way it is right now I dont think it feels impactful enough and you could use this chance to present better each girl personality.

Living Room - Mickey vs Abbi
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Living Room - Isi x Abbi

Balcony Isi x Mickey

Balcony Isi x Mickey x Abbi

Bert Flashback

Balcony again

My thoughts with all of this

Future

Anyway, that's all I had to say, thank you for reading if you did and good luck with everything :)

4.40 star(s) 11 Votes