Mod Others The Sims 4: Mod Collection [K.Leoric]

4.80 star(s) 25 Votes

Do you want to divide the thread in 2 (CC and mod) or keep it as it is?

• divide

Votes: 537 54.8%
  • keep it as it is

Votes: 443 45.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darth Keadus

Jan 30, 2018
it's not piracy if the product being posted was paid for by the uploader he or she paid for it so if they choose to share it is up to them since the main bulk of the code belongs to ea and ea isn't trippen neither should they

Darth Keadus

Jan 30, 2018
also i may be wrong but does any patreon creator have stated in their profile that sharing his mod (for free not profit) is prohibited if not stated then...

Reactions: sparrow_rose
Dec 14, 2018
I'm just confused by the mindset of " nobody is gonna leak him "
So basically the focus of this page is : putting mods, for a game that on it's own costs a fortune, behind a paywall is bad. So we are going to share them with you for free!
Except if it's a certain someone (regardless of who it is in this particular case) is part of this community,then the same rule that applies for all the others won't apply on him/her.
I'm not trying to provoke,insult or fight anyone... I just wan't to understand why the double standards? IF you share everything for free why does that everything have expectations? :D
Hell at this point I don't even care about the dude's mods, I mean it's just a couple of animations and we already have loads of those available.... but it's the principle that is bugging me.

someguy84

Dec 30, 2018
I think it is totally justified for a smaller Patreon guy like R-Lo to defend against piracy. He's not bringing home thousands of dollars in Patreon pledges, he has a couple hundred. Those are the people who are actually hurt by piracy, not the big guys. I think it is kind of cool that the site has like a "gentleman's agreement" not to post his stuff.

Dec 14, 2018
This is no longer about R-Lo. I mean kudos to the guy for the stuff he made,it's neat if I had the funds for it I'd tip him.
And that is the point here. And this is regarding all mods,not just for the Sims 4,but everywhere. Ok so you made something,people like it put a donation button there. like many modders actually do. If someone can afford it and really likes your mod they will tip you for it.

Darth Keadus

Jan 30, 2018
i like r-lo's stuff too.. and he had to make so hard to leak his mod by being such a cool guy ... it would be easier if he wasn't so nice ;p and you right i think some of the big guys i think their quality has not been to a level one who makes what two people make a month and could easily make themselves a millionare off a game they don't own shouldn't be so greedy

Darth Keadus

Jan 30, 2018
i am glad that we have a few animation and other mod creator members here.. it gives me hope that there are still some who create mods for the love of the game not love of the ole mighty dollar

Reactions: hmorphone

Curious Kitty

Feb 26, 2018
Oh,ok,sorry...didn't know I'm new here :)

Although it's kind of weird that someone would be part of a community that's actively defying the purpose of patreon (and even has in it's thread a link to a website called DownWithPatreon.org ) yet would scold others for asking for his content to be shared :D

But again,I'm new here...so what do I know. :rolleyes:

Hi!
Finfin is a long time pal of mine and invited me here,
I don't use the links or leaks due to moral reasoning but I just find it fun to be nosey and get peoples real opinions as speech isn't so free at LL to avoid flame wars etc,

I was informed that my patreon isn't shared here as it's being worked fairly, I'm not holding back my works strategically like many do and my climaxes become available same as anything else I make,

Currently my patreon only holds about 5 or 6 animations, 3 of these are still WIP,
They'll be shared freely at the end of the month with some others I've been working on,
Right now I'm also working on free clothing which I've no interest in ever charging for so I hope to get a little slack

Dec 14, 2018
Hi!
Finfin is a long time pal of mine and invited me here,
I don't use the links or leaks due to moral reasoning but I just find it fun to be nosey and get peoples real opinions as speech isn't so free at LL to avoid flame wars etc,

I was informed that my patreon isn't shared here as it's being worked fairly, I'm not holding back my works strategically like many do and my climaxes become available same as anything else I make,

Currently my patreon only holds about 5 or 6 animations, 3 of these are still WIP,
They'll be shared freely at the end of the month with some others I've been working on,
Right now I'm also working on free clothing which I've no interest in ever charging for so I hope to get a little slack
Do accept my sincere apology Sir.

Darth Keadus

Jan 30, 2018
I don't for both and i am glad that we do have lines that we don't cross and stand firm as one to defend them

Status
Not open for further replies.
4.80 star(s) 25 Votes