VN - Others - Completed - The Senator's Daughter [v1.3.2] [KexBoy]

1. 2.00 star(s)

ehendu

Gonna be fairly harsh in this review, the only points that I can really say I like is the concept and setting. Animation and art is okay, nothing to comment on one way or another, and I'd personally say the BGM and sound effects detract from the actual sex scenes. It's just poorly done.

Game engine is awkward, could've worked with something better. Writing isn't great and pacing is poor. The way you obtain money is weird and sometimes it seems like you get stuck and can't move forward without starting a new game.

Overall, I really like the premise. Investigative game where you're trying to save a girl from the life of a sex slave is a refreshing take. The setting is one that we could see more of rather than your generic fantasy, "modern" day, or awkward sci-fi. Just, the overall execution was poorly done. Wouldn't recommend playing this game, but I would like to see a better version made/more games of this type/setting.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

Tokoy

I must say this game was very disappointing. I love the art since the first time i saw the game, but this game proves that the art isn't all that matters.

I tried to play it. Went through all the intro, got access to brothel, speak with lot of people, went to market to find the one eyed guy, defeated him in battle and a BIG bug destroyed my gameplay.

After defeating the bandits in battle, i was warped to the Witch house(someone that i didn't even met) and she gave me a potion for defeating them(like some kind of agreement, but i never met her). Then i spent like 10minutes running around the game and nothing new appeared. After that, i battled again the bandits(that were suppose to be dead), and defeated them again, just to be warped to the Witch.

I did this about 3 times. And the game crashed, going to the menu. Well i didn't save the game because i couldn't find a way to save it. So...the only way is starting over...what i didn't because i run out patient.

So i think this game isn't ready to be released. No save game option...come on!

PROS
    - Very good pictures
    - Not so good sex scenes
    - Interesting story

CONS
    - Bugs
    - No save game option(at least i couldn't find one)
    - Sex scenes needs improvement(like dialogs for example). Dev tried to make them animated but failed drastically.
    - BUGS
  3. 3.00 star(s)

kihi

Version v0.8.0
    Really wanted to like the game, but there is not enough of it before being directed to Patreon.

Art: Good. I like it, nice hand drawn art.
    Story: Premise is good, but never gets any momentum.
    Game play: It is a custom UI, which I like, but it has limitations:
    • No settings menu - so can't turn down background music for instance.
    • The game requires you to click on things, but it is not clear what action will be taken - will I look at, take, talk to or exit the room. This is exacerbated by the fact that it is hot spot based, and at some places the hot spots aren't marked or labelled when you hover, so you blindly click. This gives me the fear that I miss things.
    • No save function - I played all the content until the developer stopped to say I need to contribute, so not sure what happens if you close and reopen.
    • There is no indicator of time - other than darkness at (mid?)night. Some actions are time of day specific, at one stage you are asked to visit in the afternoon rather than the morning.
    • There are some language issues, but this bothered me the least.

I hope the developer expands more on this rather basic start, as I like the art and premise. Currently I would not bother with this as there are not nearly enough content. I'll wait for a few more release before I give it another chance.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Dante696969

Hand drawn and my type of game. Note that since its hand drawn and the developer doesnt make much its not animated but still a fun game and has potential to be great. Looking forward to it. Hopefully the story becomes more diversified with choices mattering. We will have to see on the direction of the game in the future.
  5. 1.00 star(s)

KingTuna

it takes forever to get anywhere on the map and in the story. the text is poorly translated and only loosely related to what you're expected to do. when you get to a part of the game where it seems like theres about to be sexual content it's just a link to the creators (presumably i mean i didn't even click on it) patreon and you can't save or load at all as far as i can tell and at the point with the patreon link you can't do anything but close the game you can't even go back