RPGM The Proteus Effect [v10.3] [Proxxie]

3.70 star(s) 36 Votes

Bob Barilaz

Oct 6, 2017
The game is pretty good, i'm on my second run because I lost my save, still pretty good even after doing everything once.

I only have two complaints:

1) fix gamepad bindings. I can play with my DS4 controller but for some reason, it's not possible to rotate blocks or pull things using it. Also, cross will enter pull stance when next to a block, but joystick and arrows won't work, only keyboard will work. I've had to reset the game because I didn't know what was going on and thought it had crashed.

2) fix versioning. I want to know how long this game will be, how much of an investment it would be to subscribe to patreon, etc. The versioning scheme right now isn't logical and doesn't give an appreciation of progress.

Other than that, it's all pretty cool man. Sure, I feel like there isn't enough nsfw content, and that it's all too futa centered when the main trope still is transformation and gender bending, so there's a lot to do there, but I'm pretty sure you know this already.

Lastly, still not a "complaint" per se, but I've been a bit frustrated to see that there are no consequences to failure, except for game overs. i've come to expect from a RPGM Game to give me something for failing, be it transformations, rape, nerfs, route changes, etc. I'd still settle for a bad end from time to time evfen though I'm not fond of bad ends in general. of course, it can"t all be 3DCG Goodness, but at least some text would be nice.

That last one's just a suggestion, though.

Good luck with development
I know if you fail with no pos escape on sneaking why not end up in dungeon then have to break out or sex happens take too long get enslaved or something.

Wooloomooloo

Apr 8, 2018
I don't want to disappoint you, but it only in 3rd place ( Chinese and Spanish on 1st and 2nd)
I do kinda wonder though how that's calculated - the "how many people speak it as a native language" metric is entirely irrelevant; the salient question is "if my bike breaks down in Kazakhstan, which is more likely I will find first: someone speaking Chinese, Spanish, or English...?"

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
italy...but i was referring to those who pretend to speak italian, like use an italian accent as a lame joke....
I didn't know that was a thing. lol
I know Americans like to imitate other accents, like Australian, British, Scottish or really any Asian nation, and they mean nothing by it. Just tryin to act like they're good at something pointless. lol

Boyim

Feb 22, 2018
In what world do you live in where it's ok to call an entire nationality idiots?
Most nations of the earth are openly racist.
But also yes, the way he phrased his joke seemed to accidentally insult his own people.

Ergast

May 31, 2017
I don't want to disappoint you, but it only in 3rd place ( Chinese and Spanish on 1st and 2nd)
Technically, last time I checked Spanish is the second as a native language, but the third most spoken. But I wouldn't be surprised if the numbers changes from year to year. That said, english is one of the most wanted languages among corporations, together with spanish. I think those two are the first and second, but I'm not sure in which order.

Gummiel

Jul 16, 2019
Technically, last time I checked Spanish is the second as a native language, but the third most spoken. But I wouldn't be surprised if the numbers changes from year to year. That said, english is one of the most wanted languages among corporations, together with spanish. I think those two are the first and second, but I'm not sure in which order.
And while I don't know for sure I would suspect the reason Chinese it is so high is simply due to the high population and density of china itself, so unless you are in or around china itself, it probably a lot more likely you meet someone who speak English over Chinese I would think

Ergast

May 31, 2017
And while I don't know for sure I would suspect the reason Chinese it is so high is simply due to the high population and density of china itself, so unless you are in or around china itself, it probably a lot more likely you meet someone who speak English over Chinese I would think
As far as I know, basically, yes. I mean, you probably can find someone who speaks chinese in basically any neiborhood of any big city in the world (chinese shops and restaurants, at the very least), but beyond that, it's more likely to find someone who speaks spanish or english, at least to a degree, than chinese.

jed999

May 26, 2021
I really wanted to like this game, the mini-games make it impossible for me to like.
They're Buggy and don't fit into the game at all. Reminds me of a low budget off brand video game from the 80's

Reactions: Demoness_Kiss
Jan 24, 2023
Well, as it's not something where you have any choice, I summed it up with one sentence: “ And then get Ana some training too.” The only thing you have to do, as you're leaving the hospital, is to go to your room to pick up Ana, then go with her to see the taurine ambassador, all of which should be self-evident in-game.
We could develop/explicit the sentence a bit more, if you think it's necessary
I realise this is a very old post now, but when I go to see the ambassador, the message says he's on urgent business in Calladan and will return soon. Is there something I've missed??

TIA

SuperMaxo

Nov 3, 2017
I realise this is a very old post now, but when I go to see the ambassador, the message says he's on urgent business in Calladan and will return soon. Is there something I've missed??

TIA
Hmmm

It’s been so long since I’ve played this game… I seem to remember, through the haze that fills my brain, that the ambassador is away if you go there too early in the game. Maybe just progress the story a little more?

also: there’s a more up-to-date walkthrough to be found: it’s in German, but run it through Google Translate, the result is quite adequate

• Love
Reactions: Molly_O
Jan 24, 2023
Hmmm

It’s been so long since I’ve played this game… I seem to remember, through the haze that fills my brain, that the ambassador is away if you go there too early in the game. Maybe just progress the story a little more?

also: there’s a more up-to-date walkthrough to be found: it’s in German, but run it through Google Translate, the result is quite adequate
Thank you. Thing is, I'm not sure I can progress as I don't yet have the skills to beat the stone monster or the dragon. I can't speak to Warlord Brawl as I haven't beaten the dragon.

3.70 star(s) 36 Votes