215303j

18 is too old.
Why?

I just don't understand the double standards
It's not about standards, it's about the law.
I don't want to end up in prison because I downloaded some game which turns out to contain "CP" according to some law.

There are plenty of laws and regulations which I dislike, but can't avoid them anyway.
If I drive 200+ km/h in my car and the police catches me, I have to pay a huge fine and maybe lose my license, even if I didn't endanger anybody.

Obviously laws vary around the world, however most countries do forbid sexual images of underage people, including drawn or computer generated, with the limit to underage being <18. Similarly many countries have a speed limit of 130 km/h. Why? Good question... Why not?

In this case, there is no actual living model, so if the dev says the character is 18, it is very difficult to prove otherwise. Storywise, I don't see a big difference between a mature 16 y.o. and an immature 18 y.o. so it doesn't really matter, except for the legal perspective.

Reactions: acewinz

TiffanyMonroe

Forum Fanatic
May 29, 2018
Why?

I don't want to end up in prison because I downloaded some game which turns out to contain "CP" according to some law.

There are plenty of laws and regulations which I dislike, but can't avoid them anyway.
If I drive 200+ km/h in my car and the police catches me, I have to pay a huge fine and maybe lose my license, even if I didn't endanger anybody.

Obviously laws vary around the world, however most countries do forbid sexual images of underage people, including drawn or computer generated, with the limit to underage being <18. Similarly many countries have a speed limit of 130 km/h. Why? Good question... Why not?

In this case, there is no actual living model, so if the dev says the character is 18, it is very difficult to prove otherwise. Storywise, I don't see a big difference between a mature 16 y.o. and an immature 18 y.o. so it doesn't really matter, except for the legal perspective.
That's just ageism and it hurts creativity in games.

DrAddy

Luna's Lover
Modder
Donor
Jun 14, 2017
Why?

The legal situation is countries dependent. That could answer many questions.

in germany is sex with older partners (over 21 years) from 16 years allowed, care it is in agreement. everything else is illegal.

Reactions: Dolphin3000

Dolphin3000

May 9, 2017
Why?

Sure, if in your country it is against the law to play a game with underage computer generated characters in sexual situations, don't do it!
But again, it is still a double standard: In the same countries where the law forbids this kind of games for adults, it allows games depicting brutal murders, torture, mass killings etc. for adults. They are being selective when choosing which crimes people could fantasize about, or produce fiction work about.

In Japan where underage characters in an adult game is allowed, rape against minors, actually rape in general, is virtually a non existing crime (when it happens, it usually involve Western foreigners), so legislators couldn't even say their law intends to prevent a raise in sexual crimes against minors.

Reactions: Rebeldad

Dolphin3000

May 9, 2017
18 is too old.
Because it gets ridiculous if a game wants to present an energetic, naive, young character who's discovering sex but it has to say this character is 18yo or older. The character suddenly looks like a retarded person.

If this stupid legal bullsh*t was always like that, we wouldn't have masterpieces like Romeo & Juliet, Lolita etc. and we couldn't even read the Bible, because there are stories of incest there.

Xagrim

Game Developer
Nov 30, 2017
Today have link v0.30 , bro @Xagrim ??
Yes. ;)

there is no wife event in update, thats sad
It is:
  • Added the second office event with your wife
  • Added that you can go at 10:00 to your wife in the sleeping room, if she goes to work
engrish speaker, couldn't figure out how to jog... stopped playing immediately
Engrish shouldn't be, which version did you play?Hope you didn't install the Hotfix, it was for the previous Version. Most of the 0.30b is proofreaded. You can jog in the park.

Reactions: BMV86

MrDL

Nov 11, 2017
Here's the easy answer, it's against Patreon's policies for even greater reason than incest is, how you, me or anyone feels about the laws in place in certain countries are irrelevant, it's a PR issue first and foremost. If you really want to get around it don't make any direct mentions of the character's age.

Sure, if in your country it is against the law to play a game with underage computer generated characters in sexual situations, don't do it!
But again, it is still a double standard: In the same countries where the law forbids this kind of games for adults, it allows games depicting brutal murders, torture, mass killings etc. for adults. They are being selective when choosing which crimes people could fantasize about, or produce fiction work about.

In Japan where underage characters in an adult game is allowed, rape against minors, actually rape in general, is virtually a non existing crime (when it happens, it usually involve Western foreigners), so legislators couldn't even say their law intends to prevent a raise in sexual crimes against minors.
I agree about the fucked up double standards and all that and I'm not going to go too far into this because it's off topic but that's bullshit, "virtually non existing crime" because by the government's own statistics more than 95% of rapes in Japan go unreported to police and claiming it "usually involve Western foreigners" is utter nonsense. Never mind up until a couple years ago Japan's legal definition of rape excluded oral and anal penetration (and by which men couldn't even be raped) which until 2017 was relegated to "indecent assault". Never mind Japan's "pervert culture" is notorious (especially the issues with women/girls being molested on trains) and well known to anyone who pays attention to Japan and doesn't bury their head in the sand or up their own ass.

Dolphin3000

May 9, 2017
Here's the easy answer, it's against Patreon's policies for even greater reason than incest is, how you, me or anyone feels about the laws in place in certain countries are irrelevant, it's a PR issue first and foremost. If you really want to get around it don't make any direct mentions of the character's age.

I agree about the fucked up double standards and all that and I'm not going to go too far into this because it's off topic but that's bullshit, "virtually non existing crime" because by the government's own statistics more than 95% of rapes in Japan go unreported to police and claiming it "usually involve Western foreigners" is utter nonsense. Never mind up until a couple years ago Japan's legal definition of rape excluded oral and anal penetration (and by which men couldn't even be raped) which until 2017 was relegated to "indecent assault". Never mind Japan's "pervert culture" is notorious (especially the issues with women/girls being molested on trains) and well known to anyone who pays attention to Japan and doesn't bury their head in the sand or up their own ass.
I totally agree this discussion is off topic and should be somewhere else, so I'll stop it here. But "more than 95% of rapes in Japan go unreported" it is at best merely speculation. ""usually involve Western foreigners" is utter nonsense." Usually rape crimes in Japan involve American soldiers from their bases in the region. These are just the facts.

evildead

Feb 11, 2018
You must raise the corruptions and the relationships with your family to get some events and more.but with no incest then whats the point in corruption your family

Sep 22, 2018
Engrish shouldn't be, which version did you play?Hope you didn't install the Hotfix, it was for the previous Version. Most of the 0.30b is proofreaded. You can jog in the park.
No offense but unless you are having your proofreading done by a native english speaker it's not good enough... it's kind of like the blind leading the blind... There are so many typos and misspellings and bad grammar that it's akin to nails on a chalkboard. might also want to give players some kind of clue as to where to jog at... If players have to search to figure it out then they might lose interest.
I would offer my services as editor but I find the characters to be extremely hideous and don't want to be connected to the project.

dbp5ca

Donor
Mar 13, 2017
Here is a compressed pc and mac version of v0.30b!

PC (284MB): - - - -
Mac (274MB): - - - -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thank you very much for the compressed version :) Is the hotfix still required or was it just needed previously?

deluges

Dec 28, 2018
No offense but unless you are having your proofreading done by a native english speaker it's not good enough... it's kind of like the blind leading the blind... There are so many typos and misspellings and bad grammar that it's akin to nails on a chalkboard. might also want to give players some kind of clue as to where to jog at... If players have to search to figure it out then they might lose interest.
I would offer my services as editor but I find the characters to be extremely hideous and don't want to be connected to the project.
Then why are you playing, especially to the point where you need to complain about the grammar? Jesus Christ. What a ridiculous thing to say.

deluges

Dec 28, 2018
Bug maybe. I keep getting a message saying "This is the end in this build" at random times, such as going into my bedroom when my wife is there. If it matters I'm at 84 relationship, 65 corruption. It only seemed to start once I hit the 80 relationship level, I believe.

Reactions: Xagrim
3.10 star(s) 49 Votes