VN Ren'Py The Primordial [Developement Thread]

FunkyD

Game Developer
Nov 8, 2017
Hello everyone!
This is the development thread for my first ever game "The Primordial"!

Cover Art.jpg

I've been making this game for a month now, and I have come to a point where I am comfortable on showing it here to you guys! I'm nearing the first release of the game. The game is about 80% done, and I'm just doing the last 4 subchapters of Chapter 1. I'm aiming to release the game some time EARLY MAY. Please look forward for it! :PogChamp:

So far the game has:
-Over 7500 words
-386 Images
-21 Animations (16 are Sex Animations)
-Over 2000 lines of code
(I know lines of codes aren't really a great basis of progress, but everyone is doing it so I'm putting it here as well. Take it with a pinch of salt tho, since I'm a beginner coder)

What to expect:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Meet the Main Characters:

Overview:

You are a strong and mighty Primordial. Beings who are tasked by the Gods to serve and protect their most valued creations - the Humans, the Dwarves, the Elves, and the Beastkins. You have seen them grow from mere hunter-gatherers to kings and emperors! You have given them your wisdom and knowledge, and guided and protected them to the best of your abilities.

But one day, they send an extermination party to kill you. You hid, ran, and fought. But in the end they were successful and you were killed...

Or at least, that's what is supposed to happen...
You were suddenly transported to a place unlike anything you've seen before! A world without elves, dwarves, beastkins, monsters and magic! A world where 'cars', 'science', and a place called 'USA' exist!?

Join our MC as he ventures through our modern world! Meet and romance new people! And ultimately discover many other things there are in life!

Developer: FunkyD -
Censored: NO
Language: English
Genre:

Developer Notes:

Last edited:
Reactions: TheNihilProphet

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Intriguing!

Koikatsu graphics with the built in animation loops are hard to differentiate from other games unless you do a lot of custom work or modding. But it's an excellent choice to make lots of graphics relatively quicker than you could in daz or blender or hand drawn. Animations doubly so.

So that leaves the area in which you can make a difference and stand out is the story line, the writing, the eroticism and the game play.

BTW I applaud your excellent idea to keep your ambitions in check and choose progress rate over complexity. So much more is learned along the way than can be gained without feedback.

We will watch your career with great interest, etc. Best of luck!

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: FunkyD

FunkyD

Game Developer
Nov 8, 2017
Intriguing!

Koikatsu graphics with the built in animation loops are hard to differentiate from other games unless you do a lot of custom work or modding. But it's an excellent choice to make lots of graphics relatively quicker than you could in daz or blender or hand drawn. Animations doubly so.

So that leaves the area in which you can make a difference and stand out is the story line, the writing, the eroticism and the game play.

BTW I applaud your excellent idea to keep your ambitions in check and choose progress rate over complexity. So much more is learned along the way than can be gained without feedback.

We will watch your career with great interest, etc. Best of luck!
Thank you very much for the kind words!

I do use custom animations for Koikatsu for the very same reason you mentioned. I find Koikatsu graphics very 'flat' and using the default animations Koikatsu offers, will only make it flatter. By using hand animated scenes, it can give the graphics a bit more 'flavor'. That's why I am using and will use custom animations for everything in the game, be it for the big sexy scenes or just small flavor animations! :D

Speaking of small animations... Something like this!

View attachment ch1_bar_jax_bottle.webm

I've made a few of animations like this one throughout the game, and i plan on continuing to do so! It's there just to give a bit of flavor to otherwise 'flat' scenes where i think players will find dialogues to be uninteresting. Something of an eye-candy to keep them interested lol.

Reactions: osanaiko

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Humans looooove eye contact. Animations involving glances, looks toward or away from the camera view point, winks, eye expressions... all are gold for immersion. So custom animations involving anything like that would be a brilliant addition and improve immersion. :love:

FunkyD

Game Developer
Nov 8, 2017
I am sorry for not posting guys and I sincerely apologize for the delay of the release. It's typhoon season in my country (Philippines) and its been storming non stop. We had 3 typhoons come by just this May, and already a new one forming on our west. I haven't progressed as much as I would've liked due to concerns about power shortages. I worry that if I work when and during strong winds and heavy rain, the power might suddenly cut off and potentially corrupting the files, the program, and in the extreme - bricking my PC. I have already bought an UPS (uninterruptible power supply) to help me of relieve of that worry. This way even if the power does go out, I have time to properly close my programs, save my progress, and shut down my PC properly. Nevertheless, the development's progress is continuing despite the issues; progress, albeit slow, is still progressing.

I will aim to release the first release of The Primordial sometime THIS MONTH. With the help of my newly acquired UPS, I hope to continue working uninterrupted and without worry. :)

Once again, I apologize for the delay. I will be ensuring that this will never happen again, and I will aim to be more punctual regarding the release in the future.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheNihilProphet