• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Others The Outpost [v0.1.1 Hotfix] [XieGoBlog]

Desuro

Sep 6, 2016
Ok here I am again with some new feedback (Im testing it more extensively this time) gonna do it in spoiler to save space and just for information I didnt check the changelog before diving in, just to have a fresh mind about stuff.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Reactions: XieGoBlog

XieGoBlog

Oct 5, 2018
Ok here I am again with some new feedback (Im testing it more extensively this time) gonna do it in spoiler to save space and just for information I didnt check the changelog before diving in, just to have a fresh mind about stuff.
Edit: Already fixed most of the problems in V0.1.1 Hotfix

Ahh, many problems came from the game engine.
FYI, The timeline for this version is tight. Only has around 2 weeks before the monthly release.
And my time is spent with the day-night schedule system.

Anyway, here is the status of the bug/problem:

PS: Damn I hate this engine . . .

Last edited:

bitsybobs3

Ultimate Torrent Dude
Donor
Jun 13, 2021
TheOutpost-0.1.1Fix
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

Reactions: silverskin

fomi

Sep 8, 2019
Speaking of hating this engine, any way to get this to work on Linux? I use Wine and all I get is a bar that fills up about 1/5th. If I can know what engine this uses, I might be able to figure it out with some research.

Reactions: silverskin
Jul 28, 2019
Speaking of hating this engine, any way to get this to work on Linux? I use Wine and all I get is a bar that fills up about 1/5th. If I can know what engine this uses, I might be able to figure it out with some research.
Have you tried it with rather than vanilla wine? It has fixes for/installs most of the common needed stuff (here at least .net).

I can't try it myself since my GPU does not have enough memory.

fomi

Sep 8, 2019
I actually did a few hours ago, but was unsuccessful. I used a Youtube tutorial that was about a year old, showing how to run .exe games through Steam. It's entirely possible I am doing something wrong, so feel free to chime in.

I have ProtonUp-Qt.

XieGoBlog

Oct 5, 2018
I actually did a few hours ago, but was unsuccessful. I used a Youtube tutorial that was about a year old, showing how to run .exe games through Steam. It's entirely possible I am doing something wrong, so feel free to chime in.

I have ProtonUp-Qt.
I have already checked, and some features depend on MS products like .Net and Visual C++ runtime.
I think we need to wait until the engine has an export feature to Unity, so I can make Linux and macOS builds from it.

The engine dev says they will release this feature this year.

XieGoBlog

Oct 5, 2018
FYI, the release for (0.2.0) will be slightly delayed because I was busy preparing and celebrating the Chinese New Year this month.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

fomi

Sep 8, 2019
For what it is worth, I appreciate you responding and your willingness to provide a Linux friendly version if possible.