Irad

Apr 10, 2020
Bug report? Bug report!!

Once I open the quest menu, the option of closing it seems to disappear:
Here's every clickable highlighted after opening the menu:
1670186920709.png

Before opening the menu:
1670186955258.png

After letting the elf win and pressing the button to "just win", our protagonist rather blocks the action:
1670187166718.png
No elf tiddies for cheaters I see :D

And after returning, our wee trainee has turned invisible:
1670187250110.png

I'm not sure how much of this would pop on a clear run through, might start a new one to check.

Anyway, thanks for the update :D

Last edited:
Reactions: tl101

bird17man

May 13, 2022
Big fan of the game so far, excited to play the update. One of the better looking 3dcg in my opinion.

tl101 Is it possible to get a compressed version of this game? Not 100% sure on how that works but if possible would appreciate it for the slow internet people in the back (aka Me)

Also - thanks for the game

Reactions: tl101

shoopdawhoop

Feb 1, 2018
Was kind of hoping this would be based on that one comic about the orc just trying to about go his day completely disinterested in the advances of a horny elf girl with worrying misconceptions about orcs

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
Ren'py wasn't good enough. I get it. I'd never use Ren'py even for a visual novel. It is based on software that ended support years ago.

BUT then you use Visual Studio 2015 for your own engine. Not making much sense, buddy. There are loads of tools that will get you there without even writing a single line of code. Unity, for example.

tl101

Aug 30, 2021
Bug report? Bug report!!
The first is not really a bug, it was not conceived there button as any menu can be closed with the right mouse button. But I'll add a close button.

The second is a bug, I will fix it.

Thank you.

Reactions: Irad

tl101

Aug 30, 2021
Big fan of the game so far, excited to play the update. One of the better looking 3dcg in my opinion.

tl101 Is it possible to get a compressed version of this game? Not 100% sure on how that works but if possible would appreciate it for the slow internet people in the back (aka Me)

Also - thanks for the game
Now all images in the game are done in 1080p. The png can't just be replaced with a jpg, but I can do 720p and 540p versions a bit later.

newguy42

Feb 21, 2020
The update was small, but it was good! You were right, that is a fun mini game. Its makes you feel like a hunter lol.

The new scene had great renders too.

Reactions: zSartan and tl101

tl101

Aug 30, 2021
Monthly progress report.
This month I devoted to the study of Blender. I'm learning modeling and materials, something I've been missing in Daz Studio. I especially like the procedural materials. But it takes time to figure it all out and make a quality render.
I'm re-modeling some locations, dealing with materials and lighting. In the beginning I thought of just transferring all the models from Daz Studio, but the materials do not look quite the same anyway. For the next release I need three locations, two of which are new, and the hut anyway needs a lot of remodeling and adding. So I've decided to end up gradually redoing all the locations completely.
From the characters transferred only the geometry, all the textures will do all over again. If everything turns out the way I planned, in the next release the characters will be a little customizable: you can choose hair color, eye color, makeup, maybe something else.
I'm also gradually making scripts that "switch variables" for rendering to get all the image variants in a batch at once, rather than rendering them one at a time. Regarding locations, these are variables that are responsible for the time of day and the presence of different items in the scene, as well as setting different output resolutions (1080p, 720p, 540p) in order to make compressed versions of the game.
I was also going to make compressed versions of the current release, but I'm having trouble with that. It wasn't that easy there. So compressed versions will be from the next release.

tl101

Aug 30, 2021
Monthly progress report.
This time briefly - This month I finished a little add-on for Blender to render all the image variants in a batch. Now I'm writing a script that will automatically add these images to the game with support for what I previously described in the plans (extra layers, slow variables, and other stuff).

tl101

Aug 30, 2021
Monthly progress report.
At the moment I managed to implement a script that gets a bunch of rendered images as input -> splits them into fragments whose pixels depend on the same variables -> searches for the same fragments (for example, maybe some fragment depends on the character's pose, but the image is the same for three of four poses) -> packs fragments into texture atlases, one texture atlas for each combination of "slow variables" values. Plus a couple more little extra scripts.
I'm currently working on changing the engine to be able to work with these new texture atlases.
Also added to the plans to use the litehtml library in the engine. In the last release, my engine learned to render text with different styles, but how to let it know where to apply which style? I was using some obscure very limited self-made tags to do this. If I use the litehtml, I can use html/css to do this. Plus it will make it much easier to create menus. Right now, creating a menu is a pain. And with litehtml, the menu will just be a simple html page.

tl101

Aug 30, 2021
Monthly progress report.
Work on the engine is coming to an end. This month the following was implemented:
  1. The image caching system has been improved. Now it knows how to work with "slow variables" and provides more precise control over memory consumption.
  2. The rendering system was reworked. Whereas previously a "variable-dependent image" could only be rendered for the whole window, and was rigidly tied to the state of the character or the scene, now such images are more independent and transformation can be applied to them. Thus, these images can be used, for example, in mini-games, when the state of the scene will not be a single image, but a collection of small images. Also, it could potentially be used directly in text and interface elements, but this has not yet been completed.
  3. The "variable-dependent images" have now become layered. This opens up opportunities to do character customization.
  4. Improved the way the engine stores and handles variables. This reduced the size of the save file and decreased the amount of work when rendering a frame.

I am currently working on implementing the litehtml library. Most likely next month I will finish working on the engine and start working on the game (scripting and rendering images).

Reactions: newguy42

tl101

Aug 30, 2021
Monthly progress report.
This month I finished work on the engine and now it's time to try its new features in practice. Now I am writing the dialogues for the next part. Usually I leave the dialogues for last, but this time I decided to write the script before rendering of images. Because on the one hand my skills in blender aren't good enough yet and the images don't come out with the quality I would like. But on the other hand, thanks to the previously written scripts, it is much easier to try different options and make changes in the scene. So, I'll finish everything else first, and then I'll try different rendering options until I'm satisfied with them.
The next update will be about Mr. Orc's meet Helga. Something similar to what happened in the first version of the game (when the Orc met Ivy), well I want to do a little more branching dialogues with some in-between actions. Also, I plan to redo the last event, where the Orc catches up Dora, because I had to cut it down significantly, the final version got almost a quarter of the content that was originally planned, because I misjudged the amount of work. Since I now have all this work done automatically, I can try to improve it.

newguy42

Feb 21, 2020
Thanks for keeping up with these monthly updates, its always nice to see them.

Progress on the engine sounds great! looking forward to the new content =).

Reactions: belozzer and tl101

tl101

Aug 30, 2021
Monthly progress report.
At the beginning of this month, I was writing dialogues. But writing dialogues without images was very uncomfortable for me, so I made dummy scenes. Later on I'll refine those scenes, and for now I managed to write about 50% of the dialogues - I finished the main big dialogues, but I still have a lot of small ones to write.

I also worked on the "catch Dora" minigame. Changed the scale, made the map bigger - now it scrolls. Slightly improved level generation. Tried to add some active skills, but so far no luck. Not sure yet, that I will add active skills in the next release. I think the first version of the minigame had two major problems: a lack of graphics and poor map generation. Since I fixed the generation, when I add graphics, the minigame should start to look much better. I also added some chase stages, although so far they are almost indistinguishable from each other (in the future they should differ in the set of active and passive skills, but for now they differ only in the Dora model).

4.20 star(s) 6 Votes