• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN - Ren'Py - The Nymphomaniac [v0.2.0] [Origami Games]

1. 4.00 star(s)

Revolving Mania

Much better than I thought it would be, it honestly surprised me. I can't say much about the plot because it's 90% mystery so we don't have much of an idea of what's going on, but I did like the characters, especially the MC. The fact that he's balancing out the time he spends sulking with the time trying to live a normal life feels oddly satisfying.

There is a decent amount of control with the choices too, which is a huge plus, but it miss quite a few good opportunities for choices.

It also feels like you can't trust anybody so it's hard to not reject the LIs. It speaks highly of the game that it can still be enjoyable without sex scenes, but there's also something to be said about the fact the LIs are not that captivating. As characters, they work for sure, but as love interests, they do not.

There's also no word from the dev about avoidable content for some of the more hardcore tags that are planned, which does not spark confidence.

In a few words, engaging story, good characters but with lackluster love interests. Recommended for now, but I think the next 2 or 3 updates could make or break the game.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Jaango

This one's definitely deserve more attention absolutely loved the story. It's a college setting game there's many in this forum but this one got nice story and build up. MC is recovering from past trauma. What happened is not fully revealed till now. Got nice renders and pretty girls with unique personalities. At first episode first few renders are grainy and occasionally you may find some grainy renders. Other than that renders are good quality. Waiting to see what happens in the future. I'm sure this gonna be fun and emotional ride. Waiting to see how their fraternity gonna develop. Waiting to see real Alice. There is bgm according to situation. Loved the use of music in episodes 2 according to situations. Hoping this will get the attention it deserves.

I loved this one. If you love Play story centric games give this one a try it's worth. Keep up the good work dev looking forward to next updates.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Kaasje404

Review for 0.2.0:
    "The Nymphomaniac" is a game that swings between humor and seriousness, sometimes with mixed results. Let's break it down:

First off, the humor in the introduction? Yeah, it fell a bit flat for me. It felt forced and didn't quite match the serious tone that followed at the start of the game at the psychologist.

Speaking of which, once the game gets going, it dives into some pretty deep stuff, starting off at a therapist's office. It's an interesting choice that sets the stage for a story you wouldn't typically expect in a game like this.

And let me tell you, the storyline is where this game shines. Dealing with a sex addict who's still hung up on his ex-girlfriend/wife (mysterious girl we dont even know at this point)? That's some unique storytelling right there. As you progress, you'll find yourself invested in the characters and the plot, itching to uncover all the answers to the questions the game throws at you.

Now, onto the technical stuff. The animations are a quite wonky, and the overall graphics can be a tad grainy, but they get the job done.

One thing that bothered me, though, was how some of the girls the MC meets seem to be into him for no good reason. It feels kind of shallow, especially when compared to the more believable romance with Violet.

But let's give credit where it's due. I've got to hand it to the MC for that selfless act of taking a drug for a stranger without seeking any recognition. It made the character way more likable in my book. Oh, and don't even get me started on Big Bob. That guy's hilarious, and he brings some much-needed humour to the game.

One minor negative: I wish the recaps were skippable. For new players who play multiple episodes/updates in one go it is kinda annoying to have a forced recap.

Overall, "The Nymphomaniac" is a game with its highs and lows, but if you can look past its flaws, you'll find a compelling story that'll keep you hooked till the end. If 4,5 was a rating I would give it, but for now lets round it up to five stars to support this promising game. :)
  4. 3.00 star(s)

ObsessivelyAroused

Short summary:

This game has potential. The story isn’t terrible, for a change. Renders are very grainy, but they improve with time. Girls are generally pretty hot. Some scenes are rushed.

After some work on quality, this could be good.

Good Things

• Models are generally good
    • The story kinda makes sense

Bad points

• Grainy renders
    • Some characters are not good
    • Expressions, especially early on, could use work
    • Animations are not great
    • Not always clear where the choices will lead you, despite there being few of them
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Penkovsky

v0.2.0

Story: 4/5 (Typical School settings, intriguing so far)
    Render: 5/5
    Animation: 4/5 (a bit laggy in some idk why)
    Gameplay:4/5 (Traditional AVN game)
    Girls: 5/5
    Potential: 5/5

A Simple Story driven AVN with a comedic touch and 4th walling lol,
    A typical School story setting, still a little short to tell about everything tho but the build up was unexpectedly good.

The Protagonist is kinda smart and good with words, I like this type of conversation. in other words, it is well written.
    I did not expect that at all because the title is too corny LOL
    and other characters are cool and likeable.

the render is good I like this type of render, and I think you should give it a try.

cannot wait for EP 3.

(y)
  6. 5.00 star(s)

jhonatanw

History: in general, what really happened so seriously to the protagonist in the past that led him to undergo therapy, I'm aware that his loved one left him blah blah blah there's something else there that still needs more answers, I hope there is some flashbacks to the past that happened in the protagonist's life with the people around him.

Favorite girl so far

Meredith for sure a divorced milf I can't afford to reject :oops:, Monica, Violet and Evelyn. Alice and Gisele maybe too, but I'm not sure.

Animation: I thought it was really bad that some scenes ran between 8 and 20 fps or even less, at another point above 50 fps, I was almost dropping because of that, playing the whole game was freezing and it was a pain.

Render: so far it's good

Choice: there is more dialogue and rendering than choice, there is a lack of choice that would have more impact on the protagonist's life to make him regret it in the future, even more so and it is too early to think about the future with just 2 chapters.

My review wasn't good because I didn't have time.

Good luck to the developer, I hope you continue with your project until the end because it is promising.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Dessolos

Normally I don't like or show any interest in LI that are easy to sleep with. As I want to get to know them and have some relationship building first. However in this game it makes sense as the MC is a sex addict.

When I found out the MC is an sex addict I honestly had low expectations for this game. As I played this one purely because the Redhead on the banner is hot. But I was surprised how much I liked it.

Story -
    A bit early still to judge but from what ive seen the story looks interesting and has a good set up. The story is dark all the character is going through something. But it's not entirely dark either. Alice brings a element of comedy which I enjoy so far. There is also alot of 4th wall breaking that is quite enjoyable because like the comedy it's there to lighten the mood.

Characters -
    I honestly like every character introduced so far. It seems basically every character is going through something. My favorite character is Alice ( the one that is in the MC"s head) as she lightens the mood alot and brings a breathe of fresh air.

However I do have some concerns when it comes to the characters and this is more of a me issue. With the type of story that is being told and the MC I have any doubts we will ever be in any actual romantic relationship with any of the LI beyond casual sex. If it does happen I suspect it will be some type of open relationship or near the end of the game and the MC gets past his sex addiction.

Animations -
    Sometimes they are decent but mostly this is one area that needs improvement. But they aren't terrible either ive seen much worst and I welcome any game that has actual animations even if I dont think they are good.

Renders - The renders go from good to okay at times but when they are good they are good.

This game might be worthy of a top 10 spot or so Id have to think on that some more. As overall I enjoyed this game quite alot.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

burbero

I love this novel! The chaotic, hysterical and depressive mood of this is something new. I'm happy that someone is finally making a brave attempt after the same work that comes out every day. All the mystery and drama was nicely grounded. I can't wait for the new chapters.

My advice to the developer is don't be afraid to be brave. Don't hold back just because someone will be upset or angry. We already have thousands of games developed in this way, it's time to try something new.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

maybemaybe

The game looks very promising, but there are some issues that, I think, may be adressed:

- Introduction. The author spent render time and resources on it, but as a result he just broke the fourth wall. That suggests comedy, not drammatic mystery that comes straight after that. "Are you at least 18 years old? Yes No" would've been plenty here.

- Supersmart MC with money, great looks and baseball bat of a dick. Boo-hoo, he constantly want to fuck, and have some problems. Poor guy, we are feeling so sorry for him. So he is supposed to be a drammatic, maybe tragic character, but he is more of a insta supermodel brainiac. Zero sympathy to his troubles because of that.

- Too much mystery. I've got no idea who this hallucination is. Is she a playful horny fairy? Or is she some evil gf that dumped you? It's important. If we don't know that, we don't know what to think of her antics. (Although with "duck" that was funny regardless.) But the author keeps adding mysteries instead of answers. People approach me, but I don't know who they are to me. Were they kind to MC in the past or assholes? How should I react?
    Since it's not the movie or a book where we just follow the plot, we need more clear setup about the past, because we need to make desicions.

- The redhead's eyes color needs fixing ASAP. Now it's so unnatural, that it's constantly breaking the immersion in the game.

- The sorority problem. The second game in which I've seen a sorority, consisting of whores and easy girls. And with that degenerate of "Queen" there is no doubt about their values. That leads to a crucial moment. If the redhead, who so far has been the only non-weird decent girl, pledges, she's out from the romancing options (because all the stuff the queen will make pledges do). Then me, personally, would have no girls to chose from, because no way i would romance sorority whores. What I am getting at - we need at least one (the more - the better) decent human being with self-respect and principles to care about.

- Nora arc
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
    - Maybe it's just me, but grain on the renders makes the game look more dull. If it is because of rendering capabilities - then, well, what you gonna do.

But so far I've liked the game. Mystery, no forced actions, college theme... Even if I am not sure how author will continue with the story, I want to give it five stars for now.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

astabro

Pros- Wow, an actual adult game after so long, lol. Meaningful dialogues filled with feelings, humour, suspense etccc. And the story pacing is top notch. I didn't liked few things at the start but the story covers for it.
    Sex scenes in this VN are very lengthy which feels real never felt in any other VN so far.

Cons-It lacks a bit in animation department which is probably due to lack of high end device.
    *But I would say some sex scene angles are even better than VNs with 4k animations.

I would just say as of now v0.2.0 it's still a lot of content. It took me more than 5 hours and I still haven't completed it. And the dev knows how to cook an Adult VN.
  11. 4.00 star(s)

Iamthegoldengod

It's a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma....

Overview: guy has a sketchy(dark? sad?) past and is working to learn to love life again.....until he gets roped into the thing he avoided in first place. Things are getting increasingly interesting and dark...

Pros:
    1. Writing is really good along with good use of humor, pauses, and some 4th wall breaks (i personality like this but understand that some might not).
    2. Usually I don't like long monologs but having "Alice" there sort of breaks that long-winded monologs and delivers it more naturally to me. I liked it.
    3. I like the mystery and agendas of each character.
    4. Music was nicely chosen.
    5. Renders were decent. Characters are multifaceted and look unique with varying bodytypes. Hell even the guys were hot ngl.
    6. I like the changes in expression in most scenes.
    7. I liked the camera angles during H scenes (Check cons for me).
    8. I liked the pacing.
    Cons: (I had no issues with these but could always improve to attract larger crowds)
    1. I, personally, like steamy dialogs with static frames over animations any day.......but a big chunk usually prefer high fps animations. Being a new dev, I understand that it's not a easy task but it is something that we can always improve. I really liked the angle for the scenes tho along with perspectives:)
    Verdict: hold off till next release. Foundation is pretty much done so we have known some big key players. But there's still some mystery and the cliff hanger so wait until next and pick up so you can enjoy it more thoroughly. If you can't wait, go for it...it's still a decent read ~ 2hrs. Ciao :)
  12. 2.00 star(s)

CrumblePi

[0.2] - overall rating: 4/10

Good writing let down by everything else.

THE GOOD

The dialogue between the characters is organic and done well. Haven't seen much of the "overexposition" found in pretty much every title out there. The delivery and speech patterns match every character we get to properly meet, which is rare. Breaking the fourth wall was genuinely hilarious, too.

The aspect of the usually-naked-ghost-girl-from-the-past is pretty cool and even funny at times.

The music is decent, too.

THE NEUTRAL

The UI is somewhat customized, but still rather mediocre.

The choices are the bog-standard "pick this for sex" vs "pick this for no sex". It's not bad, but the lack of agency isn't a positive aspect, either.

THE BAD

The renders
    . Any attempt at making a decent shot or composition falls flat due to an OVERWHELMING amount of noise and imperfections. It feels like the developer simply queued up the renders, compressed them way too hard, and then put them in the game. No touching up, no QA, nothing. The shots are so grainy at times, that they may as well have been rendered next to an exposed nuclear reactor core.

The 0.2 improves somewhat on this point, but it's still rare to have a good-looking render in this game.

The animations. Simply terrible. Grainy, stiff, unnaturally composed (the limbs just defy gravity and biology), and shot in what feels like 15 FPS.
    Plus, they don't even loop properly, yet they are looped. I'd rather have static shots than something as atrocious as this...

The transitions. The game starts with a screen saying that you should "wait for three seconds after each click in fear of missing a cutscene". WHAT. That's just a bad game design...

Add to it the fact that there are pauses EVERYWHERE.
    MC moves his eyes down? Pause. A character goes to a new spot? Pause. The shot changes to another person? Pause.

It's nauseatingly bad how this game (and its developer) doesn't care about you or your time, implying that you have to click for HOURS on end just to go through all of the game's content. How is this sane?

Also, the transitions don't make an ounce of sense. It feels like the author simply chose them at random, with some interactions having no transitions at all, some having quick dissolves, and some having fades within the same conversation. Pick a lane, goddammit.

Overall, I cannot recommend this game (yet). The story behind all this is solid, but it's frustratingly obnoxious in its design and the developer doesn't seem to realize that.
  13. 4.00 star(s)

bigpenis696969

Some positives but also some negatives.

My favorite positive is that I actually really enjoyed the dynamic and dialogue between the MC and Alice, which surprised me because I've played another VN where it essentially had that same thing going for it but the "imaginary friend" in that VN was super annoying, which made me eventually lose interest. In this game, the scenes with Alice are my favorite and actually long for her to appear whenever the MC talks with others that aren't so interesting, we'll tackle that later.

The renders are a mixed bag for me. Some look wonderful, some less wonderful, some have glitches, all are grainy, which I don't know if its intended or not but it's not a big deal for me. The character models are alright, I've seen better but again they are perfectly fine; if you've played Leap of Faith, the look of the character models are almost the same, in fact the character model for the MC of Leap of Faith even makes an appearance!

The angles of the renders sometimes are weird when characters are supposed to be talking, it's not centered, it's always on this side angle. I don't know, again, if this one is intended, and maybe it is, considering the developer said that he wanted to make a VN that is similar to movies, but it looks weird to me, like it's improperly cropped, but again, it's not a dealbreaker.

Similarly to the renders, the personality of the characters are also a mixed bag. The MC is okay albeit he is a bit too on the "cool anime character" side, you know, like those that would say something so cool and walk away and everyone's at awe at what he says, kind of like that, which I personally don't like but again I get it. I like that all characters have their own little backstories and their own problems and whatnot even though some may not be as interesting as the others but hey that's to be expected if you're going to have many characters.

Now, for what I dislike. I find the whole plot about "deviants" and student secret agents too corny for me and ended up just skimming through dialogues with the chancellor. Now we have this children's story plot where the good guys will come together to fight the bad guys! That one didn't do it for me and I don't know, maybe it's just me but I wasn't particularly interested in that but maybe I will as the story progresses. Finally, the developer suffers from forcing comedy in times where it's absolutely not needed and keeps repeatedly using that disc scratching sound. I get that "one second it's a comedy, and the next it's a drama" but you're not supposed to literally do that.

I was going to give it 3 stars but I will go for 4 because I can tell that the developer has put so much effort and thought into making this game and is clearly passionate about it. It just sucks that some of it I personally find too much for my liking. I will still keep playing it though and am very interested in how it all unfolds.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

joao alves xavier

Ow, what a start! Impressive work, and even more amazing when one takes into account that this is the first version. Renders are awesome and the plot is really immersive. I cant wait to play the next version. Kudos for the developer.