• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Ren'Py - The North Star [v1.0] [Mr.Xcy]

1. 1.00 star(s)

ousecusaudes51108

The game is dogshit, the only things it has going for it are the god tier character models and god tier sex animations. Everything else is dogshit, literally. Not worth playing at all. That's all you need to know. I literally wrote 3000 characters worth of notes to write a review, but it's 99% negative. I have no encouragement at all to use it and compose a normal review.

Everything is all over the place. Feels like I played the skeleton of a WIP game instead of an actual WIP game. Hard to even call it a game. Since the game does have a lot of work done, maybe the assets should be recycled for something else.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

JoeMcGoon

Really great start from this one. This devs character designs/scenario designs are always great, and this game is no exception. The models clearly have a lot of passion behind them and it gives the characters a lot of personality. The animations in this game are definitely an improvement on Phasmo's (the devs previous game), If you are a largely fem leaning bi (like myself), you'll really love this game and Phasmo, they both have a lot to offer in that department.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

Kezza329

Solid foundation to start off an ambitious project, with an interesting, unique and diverse set of romanceable characters, with their own set of personalities. LGBT friendly, but also skippable for those that done want them. Early stages, but as per usual Mr X delivers high quality experiences within the worlds he pours his love and passion into. This game is well worth checking out, with smooth and advanced animations to surely get your rocks off. and a WIP but indepth story, that branches off perfectly to fit the tone of its world and characters.

The two cons and only cons i do have with why i took off a star. 1. Steam censorship, meaning the dev had to pull a few AWESOME characters that wouldve added to his unique takes on this genre of game. so it does suck, as the intruiging and unique characters for me atleast, is what makes X stand out from the rest, and how much these characters truly do add to its world. its sad to see alot of the ones i was looking forward to wont meet the playable build.

and the next one. the update schedule, Mr x is a skilled and passionate and very communicative developer. he tries and accomplishes on making sure neither of his projects go without content, as he will update one game and immediately move to the next. however i feel the projects would benefit from allocated lengths of time to each. so e.g. 6 months to North star, 6 months to phas. so with that, both games content would be hefty, and chunky for the time it takes to deliver it. rather than all the scenes being shown in the discord, and little to actually discover for yourself thats not already been shown. so thats my cons atleast.

summary: Northstar and phasmo are such unique takes on this genre of game, and well worth diving into and discovering the scenes and characters, and the indepth stories told also. X is a developer that takes stories seriously, and also his community, so he ensures he takes feedback seriously, and actually reflects that in his work. he is a rare one, and his games are too. Go support him, show him love, join his discord.

as said, these are two of my go to games, however, i wish there was a lil more balance and consistency with the updates. rather than one then the next, so one that may prefer a set project knows theyre gonna get a good chunk of stuff, rather than a few week/months wait for a few scenes thats already been shown in the discord. other than that though, phenomenal!!