• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

WhitePhantom

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 21, 2018
Hi guys,

I've been working on creating a game and have made some progress on the introduction, so I thought I'd share it here for now.

A bit of background, I've never used RenPy, Daz Studio, or done any programming in my life, so I'm self-teaching myself bits painfully and slowly. As you can probably tell, I struggle with lighting a bit, but I'm getting better.

Here's the link for PC (updated 31.03.18):

Here's the link for Mac (updated 31.03.18):

I appreciate any feedback if anybody plays/reads it, positive or constructively negative.

The idea behind my novel/game is that after the incident in the introduction, you return home to your wife and step-daughter, and are reassigned to a cushty job whilst recovering.

This job will be working as a High School Police Officer, but as you are recovering and not allowed on active duty, you take on the role of step-in Gym Teacher for a group of 18+ girls who all failed to graduate the prior year.

You'll have the options of focusing on your career, family or sex life. Different scenarios and scenes will be available depending on your choices.

Here's a couple of renders from the scenes I'm working on for my next update.

hannahswimmingshy2.jpg wifebjfull.jpg Penelopesadbetter.jpg

Let me know what you think!

WP

WhitePhantom

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 21, 2018
The stuff you are working on looks intriguing. The game thus far is a bit... weird. Will keep an eye on this.
It is a bit weird, I agree, there's a lot of things I need to sort out, I've just used everything I've made so far so I think the quality improves as it goes along with this being the worst.

The idea is that eventually you'll get to a point where you have to decide between being a good cop/bad cop and loyal husband/unfaithful husband regarding Jessica, and I wanted to establish their relationship and being bent cops fairly quickly without a monologue, which I think I did. I could be completely wrong about establishing that though, obviously it's all in my head so I know what's supposed to be going on =D . I can promise there's no more blood and death planned unless you pursue the career path though.

groove888

Apr 12, 2017
Hey not doubting your abilities but are you sure that you will be able to manage to make an engaging experience with these 6 variables ? Because some other dev seem to sometime have difficulty with 2 :D.

Not wanting to be critical but since the premise seems interesting it would be a shame that it'd be cancelled/a buggy mess/unplayable because you were too ambitious.

Again if you're sure you can manage it's cool ... I know virtually nothing in game creation so I might be talking out of my ass.

My last "advice" would be : once in a while play the game your creating from the intro to the last piece of content (I sometimes feel like some dev don't even play their games and miss game breaking error/don't spot game mechanics that are a pain in the neck (ie: russian grind))

Good luck with your game :)

Aug 13, 2016
Seems interesting, but yet a little bit too short to give a complete opinion. Gonna follow the thread for the blondie in the second picture :)

Good luck man!:)

WhitePhantom

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 21, 2018
Thanks for the encouragement.

I do worry too I'm being over ambitious, but I've also found this quite satisfying making so far, and I'm sure I'm putting in nearly as many hours as my actual job on it ^^

I should have an update by Friday which will have doubled the length of the game.

Here's two quick renders I did that can also be expected in that update.

avalaughpool.jpg mrspcsuprisekiss4.jpg

WhitePhantom

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 21, 2018
I've released an update for anybody followed this.
It extends the length of the game by at least double.
Let me know any feedback :)

MAC Download:

PC Download:

Dole

Well-Known Karen
Apr 28, 2017
I've released an update for anybody followed this.
It extends the length of the game by at least double.
Let me know any feedback :)

MAC Download:

PC Download:
Congrats, you're already in svscomics :)

Can you please update aso your folder and rename it with the correct versionnumber I am playing not all time immediately the Games and when I download a folder and it says 0.1 it is not for me then the 0.11 version.

I look only on my pc if I have the Game and what versionnumber there stand and when it looks I dont have it I download it so you make it I think for a lot people easier to see if they play the newest version from your game or if they have to update.

Reactions: fireproof92

Vampira

Nov 24, 2017
Looks interesting. Possibly not my cup of tea, though, as my personal preference is for huge boobs.

WhitePhantom

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 21, 2018
Looks interesting. Possibly not my cup of tea, though, as my personal preference is for huge boobs.
I'm kind of amateurish with Daz and was having a huge problem with clipping on the first busty girl I tried, but I intend to have several characters like this down the line with bigger boobs once I've improved a bit :)
Can you please update aso your folder and rename it with the correct versionnumber I am playing not all time immediately the Games and when I download a folder and it says 0.1 it is not for me then the 0.11 version.

I look only on my pc if I have the Game and what versionnumber there stand and when it looks I dont have it I download it so you make it I think for a lot people easier to see if they play the newest version from your game or if they have to update.
Sorry bud, I didn't even think of this.
I'll make sure I have those correct on the next upload :)

Reactions: Vampira

WhitePhantom

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 21, 2018
I'm going to try and do updates every Friday.

Each one should add another full day into the story.
(The Pool chicks won't be for few updates to try and keep the story coherent)

Here's something I've done for the next one:

pnnudepromo.jpg

WP

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
This is a great demo of some skill. The pace is good for building momentum, also magic tricks like double the gameplay within a fraction of the time put into publishing the game, shows determination.

WhitePhantom

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 21, 2018
Hey thanks for all the encouragement guys :)

I've added a poll to see which character so far is the most liked, I know they don't have much of a personality yet but looks wise and what you've seen so far. I have an absolute clear favourite of the characters I've made, so I'm curious how anybody that's played it thinks and if it's the same as mine.

gusxxx

Nov 28, 2017
Short but looks very promising, I like the basic premisse and hope that @WhitePhantom can deliver the game he (apparently) envisioned without running in too many difficulties.

It is refreshing to read a story that has more depth to it and doesn't seem like a 13 year old wrote it.

Only suggestions so far, I don't like the font you chose, prefer a regular sans serif font. The other thing is the lighting in the scenes. It is clear that you care about it, but sometimes the faces are almost overexposed and in an ambient that wouldn't have much light, such as inside the car and the bj scene in a darker room.

Reactions: WhitePhantom

WhitePhantom

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 21, 2018
Hi guys, thanks for the feedback, taking it all onboard.

If anybody is interested the next update should about double the size of the game again, it's another complete day but with at least five different parts to it depending on your choices. I've tried to do a lot better with lighting this time. I've also started adding points to conversations, and some of the current choices now have effects in Day 3 (depending if you have certain phone numbers for example). I intend to keep these stats hidden, feel it just adds a bit of realism, but I'll make walkthroughs when the game is good/long enough to warrant one. Now I still have about 40 scenes to render as some of them have taken 16-24 hours on my Laptop, so I might miss the Friday update date I set myself, sorry for that, it should still be ready by the end of the weekend. The good news is I'm building a desktop next week that should hopefully reduce my render times significantly.

Thanks again for anybody that's played :)

WP

Status
Not open for further replies.