HTML The Lost Empire [Development Thread]

Erolath

Apr 29, 2024
coverimage.jpg
This is the development thread for a planned game.
I made this thread in order to get suggestions, wishes and ideas.

OVERVIEW
"The Lost Empire" is a dark fantasy text-based HTML game that follows the story of a forgotten goddess as she awakens from a long slumber to find her empire in ruins. The game features mature themes, explicit content, and strategic gameplay as the player leads the goddess and her remaining followers on a journey to rebuild their kingdom and reclaim their lost power. Game mechanics are influenced by Battle Quest, so turn-based combat is must have.

STORY
The story begins as the goddess awakens from her slumber to find her once-great empire in ruins. Her followers have been scattered, her temples desecrated, and her power greatly diminished. Remaining group of followers performed an ancient ritual, calling upon the last of their faith to awaken their goddess
As the goddess and her followers journey through the dark and dangerous world, they encounter various challenges and obstacles, from hostile creatures and rival factions to environmental hazards and depraved mortals. The player must make strategic decisions to protect followers, gather resources, and build their settlement.
The game features multiple endings, depending on the player's choices and actions throughout the story.

Planned Tags
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
GAMEPLAY
Strategic Settlement Building
Exploration and Quests
Combat
Multiple Endings
Beast system - taming infant behemoth/dragon
Date system

SCREENSHOTS
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

RELEASE DATE
The first version, V0.01, of The Lost Empire will be released in 2024. When exactly? I don't know. I'm making it in free time, and I don't have much of it. I'm not IT. I will probably upload demo/test version faster.

Thanks for reading!

Erolath

Apr 29, 2024
Assigning tasks to followers(that was tough), building and upgrading buildings, interactive map int-map.gif

1714577288179.png
1714577327445.png

Last edited:

Erolath

Apr 29, 2024
Dev news

What I'm currently working on?
Temple system - giving blessing to followers. Blessing will increase efficiency in harvesting resources, granting additional bonus. There will be few options of blessing varing from regular blessing and more personal blessings. Upgrading skills and stats. Special place for players to check game lore.

I started working on assigning special roles, which can affect future gameplay. What's planned? Assigning high priest/high priestess, holy order captain and few other special roles.

I partially done exploring surrounding lands part, and now what's left is exploring more distant lands to know about terrain topography and discover other locations - villages, cities and ruins.

Also, I revised intro - added few additional events durning journey. It will probably need further revisions as I will progress.

There is high chance, that I will be able to upload very very first version approximately in one month.