VN - Ren'Py - The Little Secret of Xies [v0.3.1] [SunnyGive]

1. 2.00 star(s)

Nope

Dev needs a native English speaker to go to through the writing and redo it to be readable if they want to market this game to a western audience. Tried playing it but the Engrish is too strong for me. Went and looked at the reviews and was basically just amazed anyone could give this 5 stars.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

mrdhrrflu

It's hard to review this game...
    The English is so bad that's barely understandable, the renders aren't bad it's quite good actually, but it all falls to dust due to the terrible English translation.
    If you have the patience to read every dialogue a few times to try to grasp an idea of what he's trying to say, then go for it.
    For the DEV; Look for someone that can write in English ASAP, it's not even a matter of proofreading at this point.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

CutieLvr

I will be totally honest when I first started this game, I was about ready to stop playing and dump the game. I wasn't too happy with the quality of the renders and something just felt like I wasn't going to like it. But, I played a little longer and I got into the story and I watched the facial expressions of the characters and I couldn't put the game away. I was hooked BIG TIME.
    The writing is actually excellent, the English isn't perfect, but, it is acceptable. But, the facial expressions of the Manager (female, 42) and the suffering and anguish she goes through as she slips deeper and deeper down the rabbit hole is absolutely stunning. She should win an Oscar for her role.
    I actually, kinda fast forwarded through the game just to see if the "young man" would seduce the 2 daughters as well. But, not yet. Now, I will go back and play the game at a regular pace so that I can get the full impact.
    You're gonna love this game.
    Excellent game, SunnyGive. Anxiously, waiting on the next update.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

DVDAY

Played up to the end of what's currently available and it was actually good. The animations and models are great, way above average in my opinion. The only negative is the translated text, but it really is not that big of a deal and it didn't make the experience worse for me.
  5. 3.00 star(s)

Hedylogos

As of version v0.2.0
    Has promise on the story and the characters, but it is just too rough around the edges at this point. Really needs to get someone to properly translate it for English, because right now it makes it tough to follow and just takes me out of the story all together.

Will check it out, down the road, to see if it has been cleaned up.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Royis

+ Good animation , cool little background story (nothing revolutionary, but still solid)
    + Huge risk taking for a first project (worth it imo) , big respect
    + Nice reactivity and listening to the community
    - Alot of translation approximation (still understandable don't worry)

Again for a first game it's a really good job, you aleady got a fan
    Keep up the good work (y)
  7. 4.00 star(s)

gourd_guy

Good stuff. I like what I am seeing. Netori is the only good NTR and I really wish this was the standard instead of Netorare or Netorase. I also like the models. There seems to be a slight lack in antialiasing with the renders but the models themselves look very appealing. Keep up the good work and I will support this project.
  8. 2.00 star(s)

CheerMaster

v0.1, while I don't like rating so early on, this game needs the feedback ASAP.

• Story & Development: The idea behind the game is good and unfortunately for me and probably other people is barely used, so there's not that much competition, if any, but this doesn't mean you get to be as lazy to write this kind of development.
      The MC is a dude on his early 30s iirc, that behaves like a teenager at best. We also have the overweight and comically bad husband that loves badmouthing the bombshell of a wife he has and some random dudes in a goddamn store pulling down their pants and whipping out their cocks to harass people. There is a limit for a player's suspension of disbelief, and my man, congrats, you found it.
    • Renders: They're decent, nothing to write home about, but they make do.
    • Animations: They're not good. They're not even properly looped and have angle and sound issues. The interactive menu is honestly bad, different angles on the same looping animation that ends with a single click, no flavour text, barely any sound, in short, bad.
    • Sounds & Music: Sounds are quite lacking, music is decent, but could definitely use an improvement in the choice of tracks to match the ongoing scene.
    • Models: I think this is the redeeming part of the game, the milf is very well done, the daughters are okay, about what is seen in other games. The MC's model's face is terrible tho, let's not speak about the other males except the black dude, those are terrible but in a satirical way, 99.9% guaranteed just so the MC ends up in the good side of the scales.
    • Grammar & Dialogues: You won't get people invested in your game when you ship it with such terribly bad engrish, because my man, every single phrase has some sort of grammatical error, if you're not a native, find someone who is or is proficient with the language to help you. Get yourself a proofreader ASAP or you'll lose a lot of possible consumers of your game, the player shouldn't try to guess what the characters are attempting to convey, and trust me when I say I've seen good ideas fade into nothingness because the game is just a pain to read through.
      There's also text going outside the textbox, overlapping with the menu.
      And, please, please, don't just randomly stick a japanese word, specially when said by some random dude who is not even of japanese descent into the dialogues. To top it off, you use the single japanese word in the game, "obasan", to refer to a chinese descent woman, c'mon dude... And if it wasn't enough the word isn't even properly written to boot. This attempt at Mr Worldwide is just so cringe it hurts.
      The dom/sex talk isn't good, honestly, suffering from things like "slutty slut". Very inspired writing.
      This game doesn't need to be a Shakespeare, but maybe get help to write better if it's not enough with a proofreader.
    • Performance: This is the first time I address this on a rating, but this game runs bad, like real bad, and I've run some seriously demanding games on this PC. There must be some sort of setting that makes the game's performance plummet, but boy it's very noticeable.

This gets a two for the effort, but there's nothing good aside from the female models in this game. Avoid it until a later release in hopes for at least a decent product, as of now, it's not worth your time.