Shyguy1369

Dec 14, 2018
I am liking this so far. It's a very nice start... my only suggestion... and this is just a personal suggestion, name change for the MC?
I dunno if the name is important and maybe that's why it's not changeable. However, either way, I am intrigued so far.

Reactions: Spfjolietjake

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
I am liking this so far. It's a very nice start... my only suggestion... and this is just a personal suggestion, name change for the MC?
I dunno if the name is important and maybe that's why it's not changeable. However, either way, I am intrigued so far.
Glad you are enjoying it so far. The name is important to the story otherwise I would have put in a name change option.

kurosx

Oct 1, 2017
No offense, but that looks like she is wearing contact lenses für cosplayers.

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
Uncle Loco Decent start for a game, though i don't really care for 4th wall breaking and too lengthy narration parts. Also would love option to name MC, but it's not a big deal. Now i'm interersted if we will find out during later updates why his father seemed to hate MC and what caused it.

Reactions: Uncle Loco

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
Uncle Loco Decent start for a game, though i don't really care for 4th wall breaking and too lengthy narration parts. Also would love option to name MC, but it's not a big deal. Now i'm interersted if we will find out during later updates why his father seemed to hate MC and what caused it.

Thanks for the feedback and I am glad you like it so far.

Don't worry about the 4th wall stuff that will not happen again. I just had a lot of information to give everyone, and could not find any other way to give it out that made sense. I will say that while a lot of information may have seemed like filler and went on too long there are reasons behind a lot of that dialog.

As for the opening and closing narratives, these will be shorter and optional going forward. The opening ones will recap the previous chapter in case you forgot what happened and the closing will go into detail about what happened during that chapter. Both help set up Kelly's character so that when you finally meet her in the story, you will already feel like you know her. That and I wanted to get in my poor sense of humor in the game somehow.

Sorry, the name is important to the story which is why I did not give the option to change it.

I will not give a direct spoiler, but I will say at one point you learn exactly why his father seems to hate the MC.

Shyguy1369

Dec 14, 2018
Yeah, I believe even in the intro you say that those will not happen as much going forward, but needed to happen for this first chapter.

Reactions: Uncle Loco

Simulacrum29

Apr 20, 2018
Sorry, the name is important to the story which is why I did not give the option to change it.
then go and write a Book?

BTLD What?
If the dev doesn't want us to have any input and railroad his story.
They should slap the kinetic tag on it and be done with it. Or write a book.

Your influence on Stories with named characters exhausts itself by moving the character from point A to point B. There could be shooting, grinding, or platforming involved, but the story is railroaded and ever the same.

If you want choices to matter? Start with the most important. What's your character's name?

Last edited:

Simulacrum29

Apr 20, 2018
Or you could just make your own VN (the N stands for Novel btw) and let other dev's do theirs.
That starts to get off-topic pretty fast. But I'm planning to do so. Currently researching and writing. With my current mental health status, it could be quite some time before I have anything to show off.

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
then go and write a Book?

BTLD What?
If the dev doesn't want us to have any input and railroad his story.
They should slap the kinetic tag on it and be done with it. Or write a book.

Your influence on Stories with named characters exhausts itself by moving the character from point A to point B. There could be shooting, grinding, or platforming involved, but the story is railroaded and ever the same.

If you want choices to matter? Start with the most important. What's your character's name?
please stop... you're embaressing yourself ....

Shyguy1369

Dec 14, 2018
Simulacrum29 One has nothing to do with the other. Just because the Dev decides to not have the MC be renamed doesn't mean it has to be a kinetic novel.
Also as pointed out by HornyyPussy it's a VN (Visual Novel) so the Dev is already writing a 'book' in a digital and adult medium.

I too would like to change the name, which was why I asked. However, I accept that the name chosen has some sort of significance to the story and that is a good enough reason.

Side note: If you are absolutely keen on changing the name, there are ways to do it without bugging the Dev.

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
It is fine guys. Like I said the name is important to the story, but if someone wants to make a mod to change it I am fine with it. As a player, you have the right to use a mod if you want. However, I will continue to write the story with the MC's name as is. since it is needed for later dialog to make sense. Dialog with certain characters will not come off the right way if another name is chosen.

Also, this story was written to be a book at first and then was modified to a Lewd VN, as I was inspired by other developers.

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
Yep, you win. I created a VN for myself and decided to share it with others. There are plenty of options a player will get in the VN, I just wasn't interested in giving a name-change option. I am not asking or forcing anyone to play it. Also not charging anyone or asking for donations. If you don't like the story I have no big deal to me.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
It is fine guys. Like I said the name is important to the story, but if someone wants to make a mod to change it I am fine with it. As a player, you have the right to use a mod if you want. However, I will continue to write the story with the MC's name as is. since it is needed for later dialog to make sense. Dialog with certain characters will not come off the right way if another name is chosen.

Also, this story was written to be a book at first and then was modified to a Lewd VN, as I was inspired by other developers.
I personally like it when a game doesn't force me to think about what name to give the MC: Asdf Ñlkj is highly unpronounceable, and it turns out that it's the only one I use.

Reactions: kurosx

Simulacrum29

Apr 20, 2018
Yep, you win. I created a VN for myself and decided to share it with others. There are plenty of options a player will get in the VN, I just wasn't interested in giving a name-change option. I am not asking or forcing anyone to play it. Also not charging anyone or asking for donations. If you don't like the story I have no big deal to me.
Don't worry about me. I like the story so far. But it's a bit too short for me to know what to expect further.

I don't want to rain on your parade. Nothing could be further from the truth.
We have differing views about the importance of naming the MC in an AVN Game and thats it.

I think it matters. A player should have the option to name the MC. So he is capable of creating and experiencing his own story (told by you).

In contrast to a story. Of an already-established character, where the player is only allowed to watch. Like a train ride.

And I could tell, that the game was adapting a kinetic Story in the first place :p (but that is not a bad thing).

3.50 star(s) 22 Votes